Need NUTE advice on my 1st MPB grow (I have a situation)

• Thread starter t7rln
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

t7rln

Need advice on 1st MPB grow

Hi there folks,

I sure have appreciated all that I have learned from reading all of your threads. Thanks for sharing. I have a scenario that I need some help on if you would be so kind as to share your opinions...

Understanding the mechanics of the MPB system came first and I set all of that up. When it came time to start I knew zero about NUTES. We decided that we would use a different NUTE mix and schedule on the MPB's.

The NUTES are General Hydroponics (Flora-Bloom, Flora Micro, Flora Grow, Cal Mag) PPM is now at 1400 and plants are OK with it. We are in the middle of the first week into flower.

Now that the system is running smoothly, I had some time and I recently started reading all of the functions or each NUTE that dds recommends.

I quickly realized that NUTES in this system are a fundamental reason for the large yeilds obtained with MPB's. It is super specific and after a day of studying the NUTES I clearly see that.

So this is my question...(I am in the middle of the first week into flower)...do I

a. switch over to dds recommended schedule?

b. Keep the base NUTES that we have been using, and add dd's secondary NUTES?

or

c. just continue with the current NUTES schedule and switch to dd's next run?

Thanks for any helpfull suggestions.

T7rln

mikeross

mikeross

imo you have 2 options...

Continue using the GH since it seems to be working and focus more on dialing in the system. You will still get some nice dank buds with the GH. It will not yield as much as dd nutes schedule. I know a lot of people claim AN is hype but I have seen 20+% yields in my brothers garden and the only thing he switch in his entire setup was his nutes... that 20% gain was not with the full advanced lineup.

Your second option is to do a complete rez change, flush the system for a few hours and change over to DD nute schedule. I see no harm in doing this but not 100% sure... never had to do it.

If you have a lot of GH nutes left why not use them... they will get used up quickly in this setup if you do weekly water changes. I personally like GH and used it for years but Advanced nutrients is a lot nicer stuff and worth every penny in my opinion.

L

Lost

The base nutes are not much different from brand to brand. Its nothing to sweat. Run what you know to eliminate the variables.

Edit: You may want to switch to your own (DD's) bloom boosters. I myself have some very strange regimines, but im always messing around to see what does what. Yield is not always my main concern, but learning something is. :scared0016:

Top Bottom