Need opinions

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

right now im running a 4x4 tent with 12 plants packed in all varying in size, i have a 8in fan outake and a 600 watt hps light. Im averaging about a ounce a plant on most of the big ones but i know it can do better. Im growing in botanicare coco with 10% perlite and 3 gal pots. Do i have to many plants in the 4x4 tent? im thinking for my next grow ill do 6 or 7 plants and go with 10 gal Pots. temperature is usually 84 degree's i have a fan in the top right corner of the tent blowing down on the plants but it doesn't seem to be doing much to keep the heat down. ANY advice would be awesome thanks

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
what up hommie if you check out my thread prodigy's big bushes you can see my 4x4 tent grow. Honestly bro it depends on how big and how you train your plants. I never ran more than 3 or 4 plants in mine i also had 2 6oo's. I was pulling 10 to 14 zips per plant but that is with extensive topping and super cropping. Also I was in 7gallon pots of pure coco but 4 to 6 plants would be good I think but its up to you hommie. I have decided to run 4x4 coco beds instead of smart pots like i was using in my 4 1000 watt and 1200 watt flowering rooms. Any way hope this helps stay frosty bro peace.

Element

Element

Hey jtm08
First i would really look into an ac system or a better venting system, the fan is just moving hot air. 84 is way to high imo, Im never above 78 unless my co2 is on. As for your spacing situation, are you topping and bushing them out? Or are they pine trees? That will really impact how many you can fit. If I were you id make the jump to 5gal or 7gal before going into 10gals.Let me know man!
element

buddahslave

buddahslave

If you grew a strain like afghani with a short flowering period like 45days you could use 30 1gallon pots and start to flower your bud at about 12inches in height. Try to top them three times in veg within 2weeks and also supercrop them the first 20 days. Use as much carbo load as possible. This will allow you at least 15 grams per plant which will give you 450 grams every 60 days. This will give you one pound per plant every 60 days or so. I like this technique because it is so fast very little can go wrong. This is the foundation of Sea of Green, once you master it, you will be a commercial grower in no time!

nebulius

nebulius

plants stop growing above 85 deg internal temp. If your room is 84deg. plants will be 89-94deg internally. get temps between 70-78 during the day with evap cooler or a/c.

how long you veg will depend on how many plants you will want to grow.
you could grow 12 smaller plants vegged for 2-3 wks or grow 6 large plants vegging for 4-6 wks.

J

jtmyzery2008

I supercrop and LST train my stuff check out my other thread in the coco section called 3rd medical coco grow

bobby

bobby

right now im running a 4x4 tent with 12 plants packed in all varying in size, i have a 8in fan outake and a 600 watt hps light. Im averaging about a ounce a plant on most of the big ones but i know it can do better. Im growing in botanicare coco with 10% perlite and 3 gal pots. Do i have to many plants in the 4x4 tent? im thinking for my next grow ill do 6 or 7 plants and go with 10 gal Pots. temperature is usually 84 degree's i have a fan in the top right corner of the tent blowing down on the plants but it doesn't seem to be doing much to keep the heat down. ANY advice would be awesome thanks

Unless your fixture is a rectangular shape, I think it's best to try and make everything uniform. Either do 16 plants or 9 plants...I don't understand why one would use a plant number that isn't uniform. If you can fit 4 in one direction, you can fit 4 in the other.

That will give you an all around even canopy. If using 16 plants, then only veg for 2-4 weeks, if 9 plants, then a little longer.

FIM 2 times during veg. FIM one time when the plants are 6 inches tall, then FIM all the tops again when the plants are 18 inches tall.

You should hit 1 to 1.5 lbs like this no problem. It's all about the canopy management.

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Yeah,way to many plants for those size of pots,it really depends on alot of factors including how big your plants are once set into flowering.The more uniform they are the better especially when doing LST ,better to have less and full light penetration then to cram them all in there!

J

jtmyzery2008

thanks for the advice guys, i think I'm going to go with 6 plants in 5 or 7 gal pots of coco for my next grow and just LST and top them. i have already began supercropping and training my next set of plants.

Top Bottom