Need Portable Ac Recommendation

• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I'm looking for info into what portable AC unit to purchase. My room is 12x10 with normal ceiling height. I'm looking for something larger incase I swap to a bigger room. I don't know much about them, but it seems some will exaust moisture instead of adding to a bucket to drain. I have no problem getting a dehumidifier, just looking for a better portable unit. I would purchase a window one but portable adds a little more stealth.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I rock a LG 14k single hose portable in an 8x12x6.75' room. I can cool 3x600hps in a.c. hoods to 75* light on canopy temp, and 4x315 cmh easily to 72* lights on and have it cycle on and off. Not run 100%.

Bought from home depot.

If it were me, and it's what im.doing in 2 weeks, I'm nodding a 15k but window unit for use in my basement. Build a "shelf" for it, fan up an exhaust box, and use my existing exhaust ducting I already use for my current portable. A 12k window unit will be better than a 14k portable. More efficient (cooling and cost of running).

DO NOT BUY active air dual hose 1rk portable. I tried 3 or 4 unit's. None would blow out -77* air, even when testing. In another room. Utter garbage.

If you must buy a portable, the LG 14k would be my option. I love mine.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I rock a LG 14k single hose portable in an 8x12x6.75' room. I can cool 3x600hps in a.c. hoods to 75* light on canopy temp, and 4x315 cmh easily to 72* lights on and have it cycle on and off. Not run 100%.

Bought from home depot.

If it were me, and it's what im.doing in 2 weeks, I'm nodding a 15k but window unit for use in my basement. Build a "shelf" for it, fan up an exhaust box, and use my existing exhaust ducting I already use for my current portable. A 12k window unit will be better than a 14k portable. More efficient (cooling and cost of running).

DO NOT BUY active air dual hose 1rk portable. I tried 3 or 4 unit's. None would blow out -77* air, even when testing. In another room. Utter garbage.

If you must buy a portable, the LG 14k would be my option. I love mine.

Hey thanks for the info man. What model is the portable LG you like? Seems they have a few different ones rated at the same btu.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I don't have the Wi-Fi or heat. More things that can break, and I just don't need those options. Mines a couple yrs old. I think they sell with Wi-Fi and or heat now.

Top Bottom