Need pump size help for irrigation/auto feed setup

• Thread starter jby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jby

jby

I am setting up a irrigation/auto feed. Try to run my water line from my rez up to the ceiling (9ft) and go along 25 ft to feed 144 plants. using 6X6 coco cube, so planning to water them .5 gal per day per plant. I dont mind auto feed once every hour for 10 hrs or continue drip for 10 hrs( which way will be better). please suggest a pump that will work for me systerm. I am trying to do it right so the will get even contribution through out my plants. Thanks in advance for any help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got him in PM need a lot more info on total output flow rates, head pressure etc.

And I prefer high flow rate emmiters as it will reduce clogging issues.

Reactions: PK1
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll answer here since some may be interested.

So 144 plants in 1 gal coco. The next information we need to start is what type of emmiters you would like to use because this will dictate the output volume needed by the pump.

If using 1GPH drippers you would require a much lower output volume than say using 20GPH emmiters.

There are pros and cons to each.

jby

jby

I was thinking not use an emitters, just use a tube holder for the .25 tube, and just let water run out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was thinking not use an emitters, just use a tube holder for the .25 tube, and just let water run out.
Ok if that the case you would benefit from a restriction at a manifold enough to create backpressure so you get even flow.

If just wide open it can be done but water takes the path of least resistance so it leaves plenty of opportunity for uneven watering especially with such a low pot volume of media. Plus the very short runtime with that flow rate.

Running lines from above would be the best bet if going end to end open flow to provide the most even distribution.

What kind of budget are you looking at?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Floraflex makes bubblers that have adjustable flow rates.

Also how many plant at a time are you feeding? It is possible to run zone on solenoids at a reasonable price.

jby

jby

Ok if that the case you would benefit from a restriction at a manifold enough to create backpressure so you get even flow.

If just wide open it can be done but water takes the path of least resistance so it leaves plenty of opportunity for uneven watering especially with such a low pot volume of media. Plus the very short runtime with that flow rate.

Running lines from above would be the best bet if going end to end open flow to provide the most even distribution.

What kind of budget are you looking at?
I dont want to spend alot, if i need to get it done right, then i have to spend whatever it need to be.

Top Bottom