Need Quick Answer About Scrog Please

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

hi everyone this will be my 2nd grow 1st went awesome I also scrogged.. however first time my plants grew up too screen this time I let it get slightly carried away.. main questions am I only tucking main branches or am I too tuck everything including these long shoots (I didn't have as many last time)
Need quick answer about scrog please
Need quick answer about scrog please 2
Need quick answer about scrog please 3
Need quick answer about scrog please 4

J

jsv1027

hi everyone this will be my 2nd grow 1st went awesome I also scrogged.. however first time my plants grew up too screen this time I let it get slightly carried away.. main questions am I only tucking main branches or am I too tuck everything including these long shoots (I didn't have as many last time)View attachment 662145View attachment 662150View attachment 662152View attachment 662153
What exactly are you tucking? If your plants outgrew your scrog net, just add another net above the original net. Please explain tucking for me.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Are you asking me how to use a SCROG and giving me tips in the same sentence? Quite confused with your answer... does a 2nd screen really seem like my only option already?

Trentski420

Trentski420

I basically tucked and weaved all my main branches and I now have shit loads of shoots stretching up towards the light my question is should I continue to tuck and weave these shoots into the scrog like the rest or will she flower out fine from there. Only 3 days into flower If she stretches another foot I'm gunna have to do some mild construction to raise my light and I JUST pulled a back muscle

J

jsv1027

I would definitely get another scrog net in there ASAP. And maybe thin out some of the fan leaves. They're gonna stretch quite a bit.

Trentski420

Trentski420

I thinned it out hUge last night and it's completely lollipopped nothing underneath

Trentski420

Trentski420

Half romulan monster cropped, half annihilater and another sativa

Also doing half coco/perlite (more unforgiving) and other half are basically same with peat moss incorporated (what I have experience from 1st grow using)

Trentski420

Trentski420

Started using smart pots (only on half) and def notice nice improvement on root size def want to get some mycorrhizal in there next

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

First layer looks perfect but i almost always use 2 layers. 2 layers takes stress off the plants in flower since there are 2 support points for the plant. The top layer helps hold your colas up which allows more energy to be used on bud production rather than holding its self up. You can buy premade trellis netting for like5$ so u dont have to deal with running each individual piece of string.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Well I'm attempting to tuck her all under 1 screen halfway there had to take a break my backs hurting I'll post pic of the ugly ass tuck and hopefully the magical turn around in the morning

J

jsv1027

Well I'm attempting to tuck her all under 1 screen halfway there had to take a break my backs hurting I'll post pic of the ugly ass tuck and hopefully the magical turn around in the morning
Looking forward to seeing the pictures

Trentski420

Trentski420

So I gave them a tuck but it's looking rather ugly I will get a picture when they wake up I would rather stray from the 2nd screen unless I can find a premade (grid fence, trellises etc.) but it looks like I may have too I do t recall whether or not I had anywhere near this issue first time around but than again I was on top of it more so waiting for branches to grow into screen and not dealing with a whole bunch at once like I chose to do this time around if I don't requIre the 2nd screen I'm going to allow them to grow tall all the way around the edges where they won't interfere with light reaching anything in need

G

Gherb

I am on my second grow and this time I went with scrog. I vegged waaaay too long and I have the same situation. I don't want to hijack your thread but I have a couple questions for you.

I am 4 days into flower and I feel like my canopy is way too thick. Should I thin fan leaves and lower shoots now or wait a few weeks?

I can post a picture. It's getting scketch and they are stretching like crazy after only 4 days.

Should I intentionally branches and then tuck more? Should I start my own thread?

Thanks for the help
Gherb

J

jsv1027

I am on my second grow and this time I went with scrog. I vegged waaaay too long and I have the same situation. I don't want to hijack your thread but I have a couple questions for you.

I am 4 days into flower and I feel like my canopy is way too thick. Should I thin fan leaves and lower shoots now or wait a few weeks?

I can post a picture. It's getting scketch and they are stretching like crazy after only 4 days.

Should I intentionally branches and then tuck more? Should I start my own thread?

Thanks for the help
Gherb
Thin out at least bottom half of plant. Thin it out a bunch. Basically remove all foliage, halfway down plant. Tuck your branches, keeping longer branches around outer edge. And shorter ones towards middle of the plant. Get another net 6"-8" above original net.

J

jsv1027

Thanks for the help
Gherb
You can watch some good YouTube videos on growing scrog.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya take with grain of sand as I'm on 2nd grow ever but both have been SCROG.. if you have buds deep in the canopy not getting any light (and possibly not going to no matter how you position them) last thing you want is too be harvesting scraggle popcorn wondering where that energy would have went had they been pruned early.. after my first harvest I found some deep in there I didn't know existed so look deep... And yes get at it while your still early .. you want to try to be completely done with pruning by 2-3 week in

Top Bottom