Need quick trouble fix

• Thread starter StickyRicky1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

39 days into flowering indoors 11hours on and 13 off been on my watering schedules on point. Been going great , THIS WEEK i went 2days over on not watering and also added 10mins extra on light . So they were on from 730am to 550pm added 11mins extra now to 6:01JUST TO KEEP UP WITH SUNSET creeps into ac a little ,which is gacimg towards sunset i am now in progress tonfiximg light leak. But seems like all were fine besides on was sad lil dryer then the rest . And that particular flowering superskunk plant hermed and came out with 6 bananas quickly removed plant. To another inclosed area with light 12/12 and removed all bananas. Can someone please tell me if it was the dryness without water and heat stress or just by me adding 11min extra of light to avoid light leak to room? Just worried if i need to change time back to what it noramlly was . Or was it the chamge of heat strees with no water for 2 extra days ? Hmm

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

Room first pic second pic herm which was first one in front left .

20200128 163030
20200203 170310
THCMonster

THCMonster

Heat stress can cause Hermes... But usually it is light leaks or light cycle that causes it. To narrow it down you would have to narrow the root causes down.

1) Have you ever ran these genetics before? If you started from seed were they Fem seeds? When breeders force Fem a plant most times it makes that plants genetics more susceptible to Herming. If you started from clone you will never know. If you ran these same genetics before without fail then...

2) light leaks, if corrected its harder but double check your room on the dark cycle. Anytime i ever had Hermes it was because light was leaking into my room from some external source. Just stand in your room on the dark cycle and see if you see any light poking through.

3) Heat stress, out of the 13+ years I have been growing I have only had 1 harveat Herme on me because of heat stress... But thats because the Temps were in the 90's for a good couple days, not because they just dried out for a couple days... Thats very unlikely otherwise ALOT of growers would be herming!

I work at a hydroponic store and help a seriously large amount of customers with this problem, 9/10 its usually light issues. You should just put your light cycle at 12hr on, and 12hr off. Pure and simple. The more you change up the light cycle during flower the higher chance for hermes.

The reason mother nature gets away with it is because it GRADUALLY gets darker and darker over the course of months. Dont try to play Mother Nature! (You will fail)

Just narrow the issues down and you will fix the problem. I wouldnt have gotten rid of them if i were you... Caught soon enough you can just snip the pollen sacks off!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

39 days into flowering indoors 11hours on and 13 off been on my watering schedules on point. Been going great , THIS WEEK i went 2days over on not watering and also added 10mins extra on light . So they were on from 730am to 550pm added 11mins extra now to 6:01JUST TO KEEP UP WITH SUNSET creeps into ac a little ,which is gacimg towards sunset i am now in progress tonfiximg light leak. But seems like all were fine besides on was sad lil dryer then the rest . And that particular flowering superskunk plant hermed and came out with 6 bananas quickly removed plant. To another inclosed area with light 12/12 and removed all bananas. Can someone please tell me if it was the dryness without water and heat stress or just by me adding 11min extra of light to avoid light leak to room? Just worried if i need to change time back to what it noramlly was . Or was it the chamge of heat strees with no water for 2 extra days ? Hmm
I don't get what you're doing trying to add light and what do you mean keep up with sunset that's all new to me I've never heard of that and it doesn't seem to be working I would stop it if I were you and use a normal 12/12 good luck

Edit: and you've got your fix your light leaks to

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I don't get what you're doing trying to add light and what do you mean keep up with sunset that's all new to me I've never heard of that and it doesn't seem to be working I would stop it if I were you and use a normal 12/12 good luck
+1^^^

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

Edit: and you've got your fix your light leaks to
Am in the process of blockimg a light leak i hadent been able to block. Which is coming thru my ac wall unit thru window. Which faces west / sunset which am building a roof onnin for ac to block the sun completely. But just got it done . That said the sun is setting later now then when my normal lights would turn off, say like 10min difference so i went ahead and changed it 11min more to turn off extacly when it gets dark . Putting roof to cover light leaks tommrow . But was asking if what i did by adding mins or heat stress could've made my one plant herm? Remember i have 11hours on and 13 off was trying something different besides 12 12 so am adding mins but its still under 12 hours .

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

Heat stress can cause Hermes... But usually it is light leaks or light cycle that causes it. To narrow it down you would have to narrow the root causes down.

1) Have you ever ran these genetics before? If you started from seed were they Fem seeds? When breeders force Fem a plant most times it makes that plants genetics more susceptible to Herming. If you started from clone you will never know. If you ran these same genetics before without fail then...

2) light leaks, if corrected its harder but double check your room on the dark cycle. Anytime i ever had Hermes it was because light was leaking into my room from some external source. Just stand in your room on the dark cycle and see if you see any light poking through.

3) Heat stress, out of the 13+ years I have been growing I have only had 1 harveat Herme on me because of heat stress... But thats because the Temps were in the 90's for a good couple days, not because they just dried out for a couple days... Thats very unlikely otherwise ALOT of growers would be herming!

I work at a hydroponic store and help a seriously large amount of customers with this problem, 9/10 its usually light issues. You should just put your light cycle at 12hr on, and 12hr off. Pure and simple. The more you change up the light cycle during flower the higher chance for hermes.

The reason mother nature gets away with it is because it GRADUALLY gets darker and darker over the course of months. Dont try to play Mother Nature! (You will fail)

Just narrow the issues down and you will fix the problem. I wouldnt have gotten rid of them if i were you... Caught soon enough you can just snip the pollen sacks off!
Thanks for the tips so youte sayimg more likely couldve been me putting 11min more of light. And yes these are fems my second time.first grow had no herms but 1 or 3 seeds in colas. But no herms . Ok and on light tried light cycle for the secomd time on 11hours on 13 off . So by me adding time it is still under 12 12 get me . Why i asked if that could be the problem , and could my other plants be at risk going to check them tommrow , if they do herm do i put the same time on light hours to fix the problem ill keep it updated tommrow.

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

But ill keep in mind if none of the others began to herm that it could be from genetic feminized seeds right ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sometimes an erratic change in light , even if you are in the 12 /12 zone will trigger hermies , sometimes it can hermie for no reason , other than its prone to it...
Did you throw out the plant or just the male sacs ?
From what im reading , you just moved the plant and pulled the sacs , right ?

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

Sometimes an erratic change in light , even if you are in the 12 /12 zone will trigger hermies , sometimes it can hermie for no reason , other than its prone to it...
Did you throw out the plant or just the male sacs ?
From what im reading , you just moved the plant and pulled the sacs , right ?
I will check tommrow fingers crossed amd hope no more herm on me changed by addimg light say week ago. And i saw one herm on me. If they do herm what can i do change back the light to its original time ?
And i moved the plant away to another room / closet inside with its own light and cut the sac off.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Thanks for the tips so youte sayimg more likely couldve been me putting 11min more of light. And yes these are fems my second time.first grow had no herms but 1 or 3 seeds in colas. But no herms . Ok and on light tried light cycle for the secomd time on 11hours on 13 off . So by me adding time it is still under 12 12 get me . Why i asked if that could be the problem , and could my other plants be at risk going to check them tommrow , if they do herm do i put the same time on light hours to fix the problem ill keep it updated tommrow.

Yea, seeing that you ran the genetics before without fail, i would just chalk it up to the light cycle! 11min dont seem like much, and truth be told its not, but its all it could have taken to herme them, if the rest herm on you on the same cycle then you know the cause. The only downside is that once then herme theres not much you can do, they do make a product that stop hermes from pollution but that's up to you if you want to use it, just in case though the product is called:

Optic Foliar- switch
Optic Foliar- Transport

They are two products but they work together to reverse the herming of a plant!

Good Luck, hope it all works out for you, if worst comes to worse you can try to keep the seeds and get a better genetic out of them.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I will check tommrow fingers crossed amd hope no more herm on me changed by addimg light say week ago. And i saw one herm on me. If they do herm what can i do change back the light to its original time ?
And i moved the plant away to another room / closet inside with its own light and cut the sac off.

I would honestly just change the light cycle back to 12-12 not 11-13... And never mess with the cycle! Did you check to see if you had any light leaks in the room on the dark cycle?

StickyRicky1

StickyRicky1

Yea, seeing that you ran the genetics before without fail, i would just chalk it up to the light cycle! 11min dont seem like much, and truth be told its not, but its all it could have taken to herme them, if the rest herm on you on the same cycle then you know the cause. The only downside is that once then herme theres not much you can do, they do make a product that stop hermes from pollution but that's up to you if you want to use it, just in case though the product is called:

Optic Foliar- switch
Optic Foliar- Transport

They are two products but they work together to reverse the herming of a plant!

Good Luck, hope it all works out for you, if worst comes to worse you can try to keep the seeds and get a better genetic out of them.
Thanks man good to know , went in this morning checked tops and bottoms of them besides one side which is the middle of them . Will check the inner when i move them tommrow but seen no herms yeswas happy to see just more trichomes so am hoping it will stay like that. And am coverimg light leak and turnimg it back to normal lighting. And hope for a good strong finish .

Top Bottom