Need recommendations for LED and tent

• Thread starter SchwiftyGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I think you will be very happy with the outcome. My guess is that any concentrate you get from a dispensary is going to be much higher in THC than flower rosin. Start with half a bear. They are very potent with good infused coconut oil.
In my area dispensaries must list their THC content on all products including bulk concentrates ... My source doesn't have this information so I'm guessing it falls into a gray (possibly black) area of the law.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Home Depot sells a nice tent called hydro crunch, all metal bars, zippers, velcro well worth the cash witch is very reasonable I bought a 4x6 bc I thought my state would let us grow 6 plants but then went to 3 in flower so lots of room, I grow autoflowers so just put in a 2 cycle viperspectra 600w it has been chugging along for years was so impressed bought another but it's still in the box the first one refuses to die, I bought a 2 cycle light bc autoflowers luv blue green light in veg if you run an autoflower under a full spec light it has red and ir light in the spectrum this can cause an autoflower to go into flower early or dwarf out affecting yield, last I checked it's 150 delivered, so the tent was under 200 the light 150, I still recommend that tent but if your going to run photoperiod plants I would go with spider farmer a full spec cob board however viperspectra has proved to me they are a long lasting light and have had no problems so again I would check them out for a full spec light they make the same kind as spider farmer right down to the Samsung chips, both brands are equally good just have not checked them out lately either way depending upon your needs you can't go wrong with these 2 companies, I was surprised home Depot sells tents but only online they are high quality well built and reasonably priced. Now if you want to spend over a grand I recommend black dog, I do not like Mars and would steer clear but that is a personal opinion. Hope this helped remember the tents are called hydro crunch and are sold online.

11Ron11

11Ron11

This is all temporary until I can afford to import a good tent and grow light. I was thinking about the new Mars Hydro tsw2000 just because it’s one I could find relatively affordable with import fees and the AC infinity 6” exhaust, but now I’m questioning my decision on the light lmao!!

My goal is to have 4 plants in flowering, but I had to throw this room together as fast as I could to get humidity under control. I’m going on week 6 of flower and I was scared to let it continue to grow outdoors.
That is the exact light that I have and I have no complaints.
I chose only because it was cyber Monday on Amazon at the time and it was half price.
It's been working great I would recommend but more at half price.lol

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Home Depot sells a nice tent called hydro crunch, all metal bars, zippers, velcro well worth the cash witch is very reasonable I bought a 4x6 bc I thought my state would let us grow 6 plants but then went to 3 in flower so lots of room, I grow autoflowers so just put in a 2 cycle viperspectra 600w it has been chugging along for years was so impressed bought another but it's still in the box the first one refuses to die, I bought a 2 cycle light bc autoflowers luv blue green light in veg if you run an autoflower under a full spec light it has red and ir light in the spectrum this can cause an autoflower to go into flower early or dwarf out affecting yield, last I checked it's 150 delivered, so the tent was under 200 the light 150, I still recommend that tent but if your going to run photoperiod plants I would go with spider farmer a full spec cob board however viperspectra has proved to me they are a long lasting light and have had no problems so again I would check them out for a full spec light they make the same kind as spider farmer right down to the Samsung chips, both brands are equally good just have not checked them out lately either way depending upon your needs you can't go wrong with these 2 companies, I was surprised home Depot sells tents but only online they are high quality well built and reasonably priced. Now if you want to spend over a grand I recommend black dog, I do not like Mars and would steer clear but that is a personal opinion. Hope this helped remember the tents are called hydro crunch and are sold online.
I had not heard of Hydro Crunch. Apparently, they have a lot of growing products and are available from many sellers, including Amazon and Walmart.

Hydro Crunch web site

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
My issue with tents in my area is I can’t find a good quality 4x4 tent that will ship to me. I want to get the AC infinity but no 4x4 options to ship to me.

The Home Depot near me, doesn’t sell anything I went up and down and their online site doesn’t sell that. Would’ve been awesome 😎 thanks for the tips.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I have two Viparspectra XS2000 lights in my 4x4 tent. A specific feature of these light panels is the heat sinks that can be seen in the picture. They were getting very warm, so I added an 80mm computer fan to each light. I tilted the fans so they blow on both sides of the lights and the power supply. The fans reduced the heat significantly. For the next grow, I'll probably add a second fan to each light and point them straight down. (I only had two fans in my junk box when I rigged this.) I also might use 120mm fans next time because they're quieter.

These are 240 watt lights, which together provide 30 watts per square foot in a 4x4 tent. They have dimmers and I use a wattage meter to set the light levels. For the next grow, I plan to have a meter for each light.

20220910 080824

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

I have the same vipar lights, and am very happy with them. They were not too expensive, and work well in and out of tents. I also tried to go the cheap route, and bought two 400w schlux brand. Something cheap to get going, and the vipar 240w are so much brighter!

Top Bottom