Need recommendations for rooting products

• Thread starter blazedandconfused
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
blazedandconfused

blazedandconfused

Hi all! Curious to hear everyone's thoughts and opinions on the best rooting hormones and products for cloning out there. Ideally I would want to stick to a natural or organic solution, but also just want to hear cases for other products that people find most helpful!

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Rooting hormones are not necessary, but may speed up the process. Essentially they give a little push to undifferentiated cells to become root cells.

The same thing happens with time if you cut and put into a proper thing, be that coco, a cloner, or a glass of water.

You can literally top a plant, stick that in the dirt, and most times that top will become a proper clone without doing anything to it. Everything else you do is just trying to speed up root growth. Since you want natural / organic, try sticking a cut into your prepped soil and keep it moist - I'll bet that is all you need.

blazedandconfused

blazedandconfused

Rooting hormones are not necessary, but may speed up the process. Essentially they give a little push to undifferentiated cells to become root cells.

The same thing happens with time if you cut and put into a proper thing, be that coco, a cloner, or a glass of water.

You can literally top a plant, stick that in the dirt, and most times that top will become a proper clone without doing anything to it. Everything else you do is just trying to speed up root growth. Since you want natural / organic, try sticking a cut into your prepped soil and keep it moist - I'll bet that is all you need.
Thanks for the insight! I am thinking I will just try rooting in water and see what outcomes I get. Just out of curiosity, do you know of any rooting products that are organic/natural that would speed up rooting timelines like the hormones do?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thanks for the insight! I am thinking I will just try rooting in water and see what outcomes I get. Just out of curiosity, do you know of any rooting products that are organic/natural that would speed up rooting timelines like the hormones do?
I do not, although they may exist. I'm a better living thru chemistry guy, I give them rooting hormone.

If you do water only, you need to keep it oxygenated. That glass of water suggestion was the absolute bottom of the range for results, if you want better success the DIY aeroponics thing @beluga mentioned is the best bang for the buck. What are your lights and growspace?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Never heard of that, interesting. 75 is still kinda low tho.

With this and an areo cloner you should approach 100% success.
Its apparently helps prevent infections and root rot, im not so sure its really for rooting.
75% is fine by me as i take 3 cuts off each plant only ever expecting to keep 1 from each plant so i usually give the rest away.

2BZ2P

Shave an inch in length off of the outer layer of the bottom of the stem skin near the cut you just made. Dip in Clonex right away and leave it there in the bottle for at least 30 seconds. Do this all at the plant when cutting. Don't get sunlight on any roots after cutting and shaving. Then straight into a Riot Rooter rooting pod. Plant immediately into soil or hydro setup. I use a willow-based rooting solution (tincture?) diluted in water after that, for the first 30 days. Better results than hoped for! Get all mothers 90% of the time. Makes lots of healthy clones. FFOF, fish emulsion and Cal Mag until pre-flower.

Progshim

Progshim

I use peat pucks. I don't think this will work with an auto-cloner.

I dissolve a heaping teaspoon of rooting/cloning powder in about a half cup of organic honey. Warming the honey in the microwave will help it mix in. After prepping the cutting, dip it in the honey and then into the powder, then insert it into the peat puck.

20221004 111741

These are two different brands of the same rooting compound.

Top Bottom