Need Resivore Tips & Advice

• Thread starter Bluedreaming
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

Hey guys, need some tips about mastering my Resivore setup.
For starters I'm a first timer and I feel like my Resivore setup is pretty noobish and is a pain in the ass to even water just need pro tips on how I could set it up better.

Equipment: • 44 gal trash can (no lid)
Hydro logic tall boy blue filter (mounted)
• 50ft basic wallmart hose (no gaskets?)
• Pool pump for mixing (can attach a hose)
• 3 gal bucket for catching leaks under filter
• 5 gal bucket to pump with

Ok so idk how noob this but I have to redo the rez every time I go to water and makes it a real pain in ass
So I start by emptying what ever left over stagnant nuted water was left over I also use the rez as a catch for my air handlers condensation which can be up to 5-9 gals it seems a day.
Once it's empty either by A. Dumping the loud ass thing of water in the backyard if its light enough or if it's 30+ gals I'll pump it out.
After that's done and it's empty I set up the filter positioned into the rez and attach the hose end to the filter and position a bucket under the filter to catch its leaking.
I then slowly drag the 50 ft hose out the door and try and get it under the door and closed as much as possible for light leaking outside it takes nearly all 50ft to reach the spicket and I attach it in the silent dead of night and sounds like a dieing squeaking mouse, I then turn it on and leaks from that end too so I removed the dog bowls under it for less splash noise and then go back into the grow, I wait slightly paranoid with the door cracked just enough for the hose to fit through and fill the rez 3/4 of the way full. Once that's done I go to the spicket turn it off inspect about 2-3 gals of leakage on the concrete and disconnect it, I wrap it up similar to a extension cord and bring it back inside to prevent it from freezing and place both ends in water catch bucket. I add nutes (Cana cocoa A+B) to a estimate of 30gals ( couldn't know for sure)
Then I place the pool pump in sideways and let it mix for 1-2hrs.
After that I Add rhizotonic if I have it and pH it manually with a tester kit since I have a blue lab but its out of calibration with no calibrating liquid. Once I pH down it till I see a nice yellowish color and mix it for a few more seconds I finally begin the water process. A. If I have a empty 5gal bucket I'll place the pool pump in upright and attach a hose and a wand on the other end, I'll empty 2 gals of good nuted water in the bucket and water 2 ladys at once I try and equally give them a gallon but no way to tell for sure usually lift them a lil and measure by weight. Also the pump will smoke a little when water gets low maybe because low psi or the wand has a stopper
B. If no bucket is applicable I'll take my 1gal pouring jug and submerge and fill it in rez and feed one plant at a time but this usually makes water pool up in the smart pots and cocoa (which I dont know if it's harmful or not?)

Once all is said and done I wipe the sweat off my head I leave what ever is left over uncovered and stagnant smoke a doob & feel accomplished but I also recognize I have to change something lol.

My own improvement ideas:
• Get a Resivore with a lid and also a measuring system inside of it.
• Get a battery operated fish tank pump to keep it from being stagnant and being non reusable.
• Get a insulated hose or insulate my own? Run it from spicket and through a wall.
• Get gaskets of assorted sizes and try and stop leaks from spicket end and filter end
• figure out a better system for watering them equally without drowning them

Sorry this was so long, if you read the whole thing thank you so much! Any input or advice would be appreciated or even make me feel better about how difficult it is to water for other people. Thanks much love.

Need resivore tips  advice
RedEyeShaggy

RedEyeShaggy

ok I didn't read all of your post but from what I did read this seems very interesting mind if you post a pic? it sounds like a DWC system but you don't have an air pump listed and I've never heard of a setup where you have to change the water everyday, or at least to my understanding they don't need to be changed that often

Top Bottom