Need seeding advice for RDWC grow.

• Thread starter chukline
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chukline

Hi everyone,

To resume short my current situation, i have 4-5 growth in soil under my belt.. nothing too impressive but i have been learning alot in the process.

Last grow was like 4 years ago and i did sold my equipment after because i had to move to a new location.

Now i am settled and ready to start growing again.

I decided to grow in hydro for the very first time.

I ordered a brand new setup which is;

● 8x 13Gal bucket RDWC Fallponic system from PA Hydroponic. 9 Bucket with the outside reservoir.

● 4'x8'x6' VivoSun grow tent.

● 2x FC-E6500 Mars Hydro LED grow light.

- Alot of other supplies like 8" fan + filter, EC/TDS/PH pen (im thinking of maybe ordering the guardian 3in1 monitoring system instead of the Pen), humidifier, dehumidifier, fans and etc.

Now that you know which setup I'll be growing with i really need advice on how to germinate my seeds and get them going healthy.

The final net pot in the bucket lids are 8".

I have a few idea in mind based on my research;

1- starting the seeds in a papertowel sheet and switching it into 1" rockwhool cube once it sprouts.

2- starting the seeds directly into 1" rockwhool cube and then once there's some roots placing the 1"cube into a 4" rockwhool cube untill roots start showing at the bottom to be able to place them into the rdwc system.

3- starting the seeds into 1" rockwhool cube and then once it sprouts and roots start showing at the bottom placing them directly into the rdwc system. ( 1" cube in 8" netpot? ).

4- starting the seeds into 1" rockwhool cube in a DIY cloning/germination system like this one as i already have one taking dust in a closet. ( around 1:50 )

5- Should i use Clonex clone and seedlings nutrient and Hydroguard? https://a.co/d/bVp3vMX

As an experienced hydroponics grower what method are you using and would recommend for seedling with a rdwc system?

Any of my idea are good or it's not really optimal?

Also i will be starting with autoflower thats why i planed 8 bucket into a 4'x8' tent however i might drop it to 6 bucket as i think that it might get too tight in there?

✌️

Last edited:
A

AZreefer

Bump. Very good questions that i would love to know the answers to. Btw im basing my build on the fall'o'ponics build you are using. Im excited to see how yours turns out!

K

Kamisama

For RDWC I use pure coco plugs and cut bottom part of it... When seed sprout, it goes right into RDWC. The net pot is at least 1cm in water, float valve in control bucket is set below net pot. I refill automatically from big res this way.

For seedlings, cloning is better to achieve very small droplets around 10 microns. Size increase with size of plant. I d reccommned foggers, atomizers instead of sprinklers, which gives 40-80 micron droplets, which r suitable for veg, flower (for more EC)

Get fogger with floater if u ve a lot of water there, small PC fan and time relay... on aliexpress circa 20-30usd with shipping...
Air pump, stone will prevent water going bad. or some myco, bacterias... u can make similar effect with water pump and venturi effect I think.

Top Bottom