Need some 600w digital ballasts

• Thread starter Bxgrower81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bxgrower81

I'm going to be building a new flowering room I want to use 3 600w lights but which digital ballasts are most reliable it seems like slot of people are having trouble with the lumateks,so what way would you go

M

Mr.Wakenbake

I know you see some bad info on the boards about the lumateks, but overall they are excellent ballasts. I bet if we asked the board to post their positive experiences on lumateks or digitals in general the good would outweigh the bad.

Future Brite, and Galaxy are both excellent brands and Greenhouse Digital makes a decent one.Anything can go out. Magnetics may be reliable but once you go digital you most likely will never go back.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I've voiced my opinion on the farm about them, but it really just boils down to this: it's not that they're any less reliable than magnetic ballasts, it's that when they DO go out they can go out with a bang so to speak. In other words when they go, they go in a more dangerous fashion if that makes sense. Whereas a mag ballast will maybe blow a bulb, or simply not ignite it. So i guess it's up to you as to whether or not the potential risk is worth it.

aldus

aldus

I have a quantum ballast that has been running 24/7 for a month now with no problems at all. 600W adjustable 50/75/100% power with 120V and 240V cords. I got mine on ebay for $260 or so including a light and a hood.

I plan on upgrading to 4x1000W eventually and will be getting these same ballasts in 1000W.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
And for the record, i ran an early hydrofarm unit, and a lumatek, both 240v 600's.

Z

ziggy1

I have a quantum for about 6 months now with no problems... my lumateks for over a year with no problems

Top Bottom