Need some advice from experience

• Thread starter Dub_City405
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

I need some advice on experienced growers who know about light spectrum.

4x4 or 5x5 either or. But i need best LED spectrum/LED light. Peak in read deep red and peak in blue is important.

What do you think? Just drop the light name and brand please.

growsince79

growsince79

Whats so nice about HLG rspec?
I have all 3 of the 100w hlg. 3000k, 4000k and rspec. 4000k is great for veg. 3000k is great after the stretch. Rspec combines 3000k with 4000k diodes and adds deep red.

RSPEC

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

So now looking at that spectrum. I have a light with a higher deeper red and a tad bit higher blue. But the rspec has more orange yellowish redish.

whats more important when it comes to plant?

Unhinged

Unhinged

Another vote for hlg I use an rspec550 in a 4x4 and can clear a pound no problem, I'm sure many growers can do much much better. Plus a 3 year warranty and supporting local manufacturing!

growsince79

growsince79

So now looking at that spectrum. I have a light with a higher deeper red and a tad bit higher blue. But the rspec has more orange yellowish redish.

whats more important when it comes to plant?
Depends on the plant and stage of growth. Too much blue in mid flower gives me leafier buds. Too much red in veg makes them tall and stretch more. I like having the right light at the right time. What do you have now? You could add extra red or blue as needed.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

4x4 or 5x5 either or. But i need best LED spectrum/LED light. Peak in read deep red and peak in blue is important.

Rayonled 720 UV <----- BUY THIS

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Depends on the strain. My wedding cake stretched to about 4ft or 4 1/2. But the gsc extreme short and stocky gigantic buds. Genetics grow differently.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Sounds like a good light. Why switch?
Yeah they are great. I got 2 equivalent to a 660 hps. But. It costs me 17 cents to my electric bill instead of the hps setup. I get a really really good dense frosty looking 2 pounds each harvest.

Im gonna grab a 2nd setup. With a gorilla grow tent. Either 4x4 or 5x5 based on what light or lights i get. I could grab the same setup and duplicate it. I just want to be able to grow a second strain but not in the same tent.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

The light i recommended, the Rayonled 720 UV is a 720W LED with samsung cool whites, warm whites, osram reds and 380nm-410nm UVs the cool thing is that ALL the UV and a lot of the reds are in 2 separate bars that each add another 40W of UV/IR so that the UV and additions reds can be controlled independently of the rest of the light. Those 2 bars draw a combined 80W and the rest of the light draws 640W. Trust me when i say this light kicks the crap out of HLG and mars. I mean, the sp3000 only has 4 FUCKING UV DIODES. Like wtf guys? You did that JUST so you could say it has UV didnt you???? (Clears throat) Sorry about that, anyways.....
Plus it can be used for every stage.. please, if you want to get serious about lighting, and growing the most potent weed you NEED UV. check it out.
Science lesson: trichomes make the plant sticky to attract more pollen, we all know this. However, trichomes and cannabis resins in general are DEFENSIVE MECHANISMS. 2 of the main things they protect the plant from are UV light and cold. So if you give them some UV during week 4 and then POUND the UV into them for the last 2 weeks you will have very frosty nugs. Here are the data and spec sheets for the light
Happy growing
DwJ
Screenshot 20210516 213230 OneDrive
Screenshot 20210516 213144 Chrome

For anyone wondering, this light is around $1500 canadian from growdaddy. 5 year warranty.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

The light i recommended, the Rayonled 720 UV is a 720W LED with samsung cool whites, warm whites, osram reds and 380nm-410nm UVs the cool thing is that ALL the UV and a lot of the reds are in 2 separate bars that each add another 40W of UV/IR so that the UV and additions reds can be controlled independently of the rest of the light. Those 2 bars draw a combined 80W and the rest of the light draws 640W. Trust me when i say this light kicks the crap out of HLG and mars. I mean, the sp3000 only has 4 FUCKING UV DIODES. Like wtf guys? You did that JUST so you could say it has UV didnt you???? (Clears throat) Sorry about that, anyways.....
Plus it can be used for every stage.. please, if you want to get serious about lighting, and growing the most potent weed you NEED UV. check it out.
Science lesson: trichomes make the plant sticky to attract more pollen, we all know this. However, trichomes and cannabis resins in general are DEFENSIVE MECHANISMS. 2 of the main things they protect the plant from are UV light and cold. So if you give them some UV during week 4 and then POUND the UV into them for the last 2 weeks you will have very frosty nugs. Here are the data and spec sheets for the light
Happy growing
DwJView attachment 1125149View attachment 1125150

For anyone wondering, this light is around $1500 canadian from growdaddy. 5 year warranty.
No... Clears throat.... I got 2 UV supplement light bars inbetween my bars. So damn near the same thing for half the price. 💨💨 that's a nice light though.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Yeah it is a great light but cheaper LEDs with UV bars works grèat. Have you looked at the mars FC series? The FC 3000 is small but the FC 4800 will flower a 4x4. The 3000 and the 4800 are the only models with uv for some stupid fucking reason the 6500 has no uv

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yeah i looked at them but none of them really caught my eye. I like the sp6500 though. They say its to much light for the plants. 😑😑😑 in a 4x4

Top Bottom