Need some advice on a plant

• Thread starter Hsilvas81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

ok, well just get them to the finish which should be easy.
something happened sometime as they look stunted.. etc.,
you’ll be fine with 2-3 weeks to go
Yeah I'm new to this. This is my third grow. Makes me laugh as they are like bonsai plants haha

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

They are auto flowers by the way. Didn't mention that. I have others coming in about three weeks old. Should I add cal-mag at some point?

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

So I moved the lights out about 24 inches approximately. Just crazy how the other two with the same conditions and feedings are thriving albeit dwarf size.

20211121 171708
20211121 171643
20211121 171633
20211121 171617
20211121 171449
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The LED intensity is much higher than any other kind of light. You have to watch for signs of heat stress.

Christan

Christan

How do you feed them, and under what conditions are they kept? It seems to me, and it is evident that something does not suit them.

Christan

Christan

How do you feed them, and under what conditions are they kept? It seems to me, and it is evident that something does not suit them. The plants are a little traumatized, and this can be from soil, light, or moisture. I also planted four Hawaiian purple, and in the first weeks, they grew pretty well, but after a while, I noticed that the growth was not as beautiful. In my case, it was due to the temperature in which I kept them and the high humidity level. I bought some topgrows humidity controllers to check both the air and ground conditions.

P

Pike

Plant is locked out, as soon as you see your stalk/ stems start to purple you have a problem, food minerals or what ever. You cannot feed your sativa dom plants the same as your Indica doms. Sallies don’t need gobs of food. I can see you over feed that Hawaiian plant just from the burnt tips.
so your soil right now is jacked up with to much of something, trying to add this or that to rectify the problem, when you don’t know why the plant is jacked is gonna get you no where.

gallons of clean phed water, flush the crap outta that plant till the water is pouring out like a mofo. Clean that soil up. Get the excess of whatever it is out. Then leave it alone till the pot drys up some, then you can add nutes to finish up. Just from the flush you will see the plant green up some.

also get the fucking cal mag bs outta your mind, I’ve been growing MJ for my whole life Damn near, full on in and out for the past 25, I’ve never had to use cal mag, ever. Good soil mix, organic nutes and that’s about it.

growers need to get off the snake oils and use natural supplements. You ever see a cow crap purple, red or yellow, hell no. Fuckin colored nutes, lol, they are pretty on the shelf.

just for a example, there are all kinds of sugar bs to add trics and boost bud production, top dress your pots with a bit of bone meal at 6wks. Don’t freakin over do it, I don’t measure, I been growin in the same size flowering pot all those years so I just grab a bit and sprinkle it around and water in.

good luck

P

Pike

Also could some one explain to me why so many of you guys start your plants in such huge pots, that right there is gonna give a noob problems trying to get the moisture right, lol.

you want to be able to pick up your pot, no matter the size, and feel the weight of the moisture content. With a two inch plant in a 1to2 gallon pot your going to be waiting for the environment to dry out the soil not the plant, lol.

experienced guys know to water just around the plant, not the whole damn thing. What you see above ground is what you will have for roots. So as the plant grows in your giant pot, you water where the rain would shed off a plant outside, if ya get my drift. So as it gets bigger ya water further out, until your watering the whole pot.

when to nute? When the plant tells you it needs food, fading of lower fans and she’s hungry. The plants in veg above in those big pots, you wouldn’t have to nute till the branching is reaching the edge of the pot imo. Just let um grow and fill the pot. Nothing but phed water for sometime yet.

I start seed in solos, upcan when the roots start to spin out in the bottom, then I go to a quart size for topping and training, once again, roots start to spin out I go to a #7 pot for flowering. Pot size depends on the size of plant you plan to grow.

so I can go in the op, just pick up the solo or pot and feel if it needs watered. which I understand is a experience thing as well.

not all plants eat the same, or use water the same. You can take two clones of the same cultivar, grow um the same and one does better. Why is that, one cut had a easier time rooting? was a better nip when taken? obviously it had a better life.

overall growing MJ is fairly easy, dont Make it a science project, try not to over care for your plants, just let um grow.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Removing all the fan leaves from some autos can really stunt them as well, depending on the strain. I grew 2 pink kush plants and the one that was larger going into flower stunted as I really trimmed the fans off. The other I only did the bottom 3rd and it was gorgeous and grew fat.

Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

Okay. Yeah I transferred each one into two gallon pots after about four weeks. So I think my issues started in the seedling phase. They are autoflowers by the way. Yeah the Hawaiian Purple Kush once again(2nd grow with this strain) was screwed by nutes. The Cannalope kush I did in from topping. And I think Lucid Dream was stunted by extreme pruning. Learning on the fly. My next ladies are doing good so far. At least further along and bigger than my current buds. But I don't see as many bud sites as those I pruned. Wish I knew the science a lot better. People tell me that autoflowers should be started in a pot because you can stress their growth when transferring to a final pot.

20211202 093707

Latest posts

Top Bottom