need some advice on Deathstar strain mother trouble

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

1016012015a.jpg
1016012015.jpg
I have some Deathstar moms that I have had some problems with. The leaves, not all, but a lot have a halo around the leaves. I mean that there is what I think is chlorosis but only around the outside edge about 1/4" in at most. I will include a couple pics. They did have some stress over a month ago but I think they should have recovered by now. They SEEM to slowly be getting better. My questions: Are they hogs on magnesium or calcium? or any nutes? Are they supposed to have some purpling. Ever since I can remember I have had some purpling, but mainly leaf stems, some purple streaks going up branch stems.

I am wondering if I could have some mag or cal lockout. Any advice is welcome. I love this strain but it has become a little bit tiresome trying to get them to fully recover. Oh, and they are growing fine, and they clone fine. So they seem to be in great health except for this leaf discoloration.

I have them in FFOF, I use Advanced Nutes G-M-B plus b52, I usually water, water, feed. On feed I put them up to about 800ppm. I also use bennies, Subculture M and B. I also use Hygrozyme about once a week. I foliar with Spray n grow and 1/4 strength Bills Perfect, have only used that once so far. I have checked runoff ph it is in between 5.9 and 6.2. Runoff ppm is about 500ppm right now, but I just put them in new smartpots to be safe and so I could look at roots. Roots look fine. I am really frigging stumped on this one. This has been going on now for a little over a month.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm not sure but I would spray with some cal-mag on 1 day & spray with some Magic Green on another day.. But I really can't say 4sho what the issue is.. Sorry

click80

click80

I'm not sure but I would spray with some cal-mag on 1 day & spray with some Magic Green on another day.. But I really can't say 4sho what the issue is.. Sorry

hey appreciate the response...already tried that, tried just epsom salts also... I did it to try and narrow it down...I wanted to determine if it was medium related or just a plain deficiency. I used cocowet plus spray n grow, which is about the same as Magic Green...I really like the mixture of Spray n gro with Bills Perfect Fertilizer with the cocowet as a sticker...it works exactly like I have heard Magic Green works...gives it a great waxy coat, greens it up nicely....My Pineapple Express are fucking beautiful and everything is exactly the same on them as the Deathstar...Im really flummoxed. The only thing I can think of right now is I need the roots to get reestablished cause I repotted them to be safe, about 2 weeks ago, but I have roots popping out the side of the smart pot already...

I was thinking I might have them too close to the T5, it is an 8 tuber, but I didn't have this trouble before with them...In case anyone has an idea about that they are about 15 inches from an 8 tube T5. Its the same with my PE moms but they are fine...actually they are extra beautiful, prettiest moms i have ever had.

oh well, maybe it will resolve itself.

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

When is the last time you flushed the pot?... Even in dirt i do it about every 3 weeks. Sounds like it could be lock out of some sort? Run like 20 gallons through them, and maybe foliar feed.

Also, if you foliar a lot maybe a spray down with straight water to clean the leaves.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Do you have a soil PH probe? Any idea what the PH of your soil is? I know you said runoff ph, but those can be drastically different.

I think it is probably PH. Here is my reasoning. Based on those red stems, I would guess there is a phosphorous, magnesium, calcium problem, all which antagonize each other. It looks like you have all the symptoms of a light P, Mg, Cal def. based on the halos and red stems. But, the red stem could be a red herring:icon_dizzy:.

Another clue I just noticed, the ones with the worst halos also have the reddest stems. How about you give her a dose of flowering food after a light flush and see how she responds?

click80

click80

Do you have a soil PH probe? Any idea what the PH of your soil is? I know you said runoff ph, but those can be drastically different.

I think it is probably PH. Here is my reasoning. Based on those red stems, I would guess there is a phosphorous, magnesium, calcium problem, all which antagonize each other. It looks like you have all the symptoms of a light P, Mg, Cal def. based on the halos and red stems. But, the red stem could be a red herring:icon_dizzy:.

Another clue I just noticed, the ones with the worst halos also have the reddest stems. How about you give her a dose of flowering food after a light flush and see how she responds?

yes I have a friend that came and checked the medium ph...it was 6.1 at that time...I am pretty sure that the Deathstar is a strain with purpling in it once they are mature...when I have a run in they are not nearly as red but my Moms have always been like that...I found some old pics and looked at them real good...

I have been foliar feeding with all, at different times of course..so I kind of thought that would rule that out...plus it is not uniform I have a lot of leaves that are fine???

and yes I have flushed, runoff ph and ppm is well within what I expect...

I think it is gradually getting better..I think the problem has hopefully been dragging out because of the repotting...plus I cloned them...I mean they are healthy, when I cloned i had 100% on 50, all within 12 days, there were a couple laggards but they are fine now and getting ready to go into a table..

im stumped...i am hoping it is just a lot of little things and will take a few weeks to get it back

I

ibTheMan

Two things i know of that will help with most problems= #1 Vermi T natural keylater=#2 and can be used any time when plant is stressed, Roots Excelerator (H&G)

click80

click80

Two things i know of that will help with most problems= #1 Vermi T natural keylater=#2 and can be used any time when plant is stressed, Roots Excelerator (H&G)

Thank you...I don't have access to certain products but thanks to you guys i stepped back and got outside the box. I rethunk some stuff I do and I think I have it figured out.

Since I do not like to Flood roots, I flush/leach (whatever the correct term) with a one of those hose end wands set to the medium strong spray, just enough so that it will churn up the top 1/2 inch of medium. Last night I gave a good dose of bennies, Rapid Start (works as good as RE imo), Hormex and Hygrozyme. I watered the DStar to the point so I could check runoff in drip saucer. Fucking 1100 ppm??? WTF i say...then it hits me, the frigging obviousness of it pisses me off at myself. I have flushed them, but as i was saying when i flush i just run about 20 gallons of ph'd 10% nuted (about 150ppm) RO water until the ppm and ph comes down. That is fine but I am guessing that when my shit was getting watched by my partner he nuted em to death or to the point that they need multiple flushes, or I need to put them in the bathtub and submerge them in order to get rid of ALL the excess nutes.

In my thinking, your flush water can only grab so much excess salts plus you need to get the medium to let go of the salts. With big buildups you need to let the medium adjust maybe? CEC wise I mean. So I should have been flushing them and waiting about 8 hours maybe then flushed again. It makes sense because everytime I flushed they would do a semi recovery then slip back... I was getting a drop in runoff ppm's because they flush water would grab what the medium would let go of. I should have waited about an hour, watered to runoff again and rechecked. Yup I am a fucking overthink the problem dumbass.

So, I do not want to submerge the roots in the bathtub, they would take to long to recover and I have to jam as it is that time of the year. So I will keep foliar spraying and start a series of flushes, twice a day then one day off then twice a day. That has to be what the problem is. The clones I took off it are doing fine, so no virus. Everytime I foliar spray the look almost normal for awhile. I use SpraynGro Micronute with CocoWet and Bills Perfect Fertilizer.

Does anyone think that this makes sense? I do have a question, when foliar spraying NPK, can you supply all the plants (mother) needs for awhile, or at least until I get the roots flushed entirely? Also, with using fish/organic based fertilizer either foliar or to the roots, how do the plants get cal/mag?

Top Bottom