Need some advice on topping

• Thread starter ChefLife420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChefLife420

ChefLife420

Just looking for any opinions on if I should top this guy or let him go, and if so where would be the best spot? Was thinking if I took the very top maybe I could replant and it might take root 🤷‍♂️

Need some advice on topping
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Your talking about cutting a clone.

Cut it off, stick it in a glass, put it on a window sill and watch it grow roots. That's one way.

ChefLife420

ChefLife420

Your talking about cutting a clone.

Cut it off, stick it in a glass, put it on a window sill and watch it grow roots. That's one way.
I'm just mostly curious if there's still any point in doing so, will it still bush out or would it be better to leave it? Been awhile since I worked with plants, first year back growing again just don't want to snipping away and fuck up the plant, thanks!

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

It looks like your clone has already been topped, meaning the dominant top shoot has been removed and the energy is now going to the branches. You can top again as much as you want, just make sure to give it a week or two between toppings. I would wait to see which branches are tallest and top those. Over time you can achieve a nice even canopy.
Looks like you have some nute burn or something going on with the leaf tips, so don't do any topping until that's sorted and she's growing vigorously again.

ChefLife420

ChefLife420

It looks like your clone has already been topped, meaning the dominant top shoot has been removed and the energy is now going to the branches. You can top again as much as you want, just make sure to give it a week or two between toppings. I would wait to see which branches are tallest and top those. Over time you can achieve a nice even canopy.
Looks like you have some nute burn or something going on with the leaf tips, so don't do any topping until that's sorted and she's growing vigorously again.
Yea I'm currently waiting to see if it bounces back had a few issues recently just curious if it was worth it to top again when it was healthy, I was also thinking of bending the tallest branch down, just wrap a string around the branch bend it to the pot, tape it off and let it grow out 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom