Need some advice/opinions on airflow please

• Thread starter iGemini365
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iGemini365

I have a 3x3x5 tent with an ac infinity t4 inside(passive intake) of it. I have a couple of questions because I’m a beginner. #1. I’ve noticed there is a little bit of negative pressure on one of the sides of the tent but it’s not showing on all 4 sides. Would it be better to switch to an active setup? I have the vent on the side of the tent open to encourage natural air flow along with a clip on fan(doesn’t oscillate) on the inside. My lung room temp is constantly in the range of 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity is always below 30% in the lung room. In the the tent, per ac infinity app, I see an avg temp over the week which consists of 72.9 degrees and the rh is 69.4% and vpd is 0.83. Those appear to be fairly optimal #s from what I’ve read up so far. #2. Is it ok for the temp/rh/vpd to drop in real time when I’m running the fan every 45 mins for 15 mins at a time to move the air? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything here as I have invested time and money and want to make sure I’m doing everything I possibly can to stabilize temp/rh/humidity/pressure as much as possible! Also I do have one more question, I know I mentioned I had a couple above but for strain growing info can I post it in this thread or would it need to be posted in another thread?

P

Paratwice

Pics r nice. The passive intake should be fine. Everything you described sounds like it's ready to rock. Screen over intake ports not a bad idea. I'd run w it. The plants will tell u if a tweak is needed.
Try not to split hairs too much though. Long as things are working in sync something like a small variation in air pressure aint no thing, a drop in your readings when fans kick on, long as they level back off and are not extreme (they r not) run it! It is EXTREMES you want to avoid. Big fluctuations that can influence your bottom line. Hope my input is not too vague. Way to go so far! Pat urself on the back u earned it!

I

iGemini365

Pics r nice. The passive intake should be fine. Everything you described sounds like it's ready to rock. Screen over intake ports not a bad idea. I'd run w it. The plants will tell u if a tweak is needed.
Try not to split hairs too much though. Long as things are working in sync something like a small variation in air pressure aint no thing, a drop in your readings when fans kick on, long as they level back off and are not extreme (they r not) run it! It is EXTREMES you want to avoid. Big fluctuations that can influence your bottom line. Hope my input is not too vague. Way to go so far! Pat urself on the back u earned it!
Thank you very much! I appreciate your response/advice! Here is a picture. Last day of week 2 of seedling stage! Im going to let it go another week before veg stage. I think the white stuff is from the humidifier. We have hard water where I live and I originally had tap water in the humidifier. There’s nothing that has progressed since I took the pic which was yesterday. Let me know what you think! I’ll upload photos of the actual setup in a little bit. Growing Deathstar!! Hopefully it turns out well. I’ve read up that its got quite a high resistance to mold and it’s a pretty resilient strain. Using ffof and will start nutrients in about 2 weeks!

43962071 58B1 425B 8946 923986629F35
I

iGemini365

In your experience, on average about how long does it take for stem to gain some significant strength? I understand this is only week 2 of seedling stage but it just appears to be a little weaker than I estimated it would. I just don’t want it to fall over on itself. Lights are 24 inches from the soil level per my light manufacturers recommendation. I have a gentle breeze in the tent as well.

• Haha
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
In your experience, on average about how long does it take for stem to gain some significant strength? I understand this is only week 2 of seedling stage but it just appears to be a little weaker than I estimated it would. I just don’t want it to fall over on itself. Lights are 24 inches from the soil level per my light manufacturers recommendation. I have a gentle breeze in the tent as well.
be patient and leave it alone. the less you look at it the fast it grows. 🤣

Top Bottom