need some advice. please

• Thread starter SativaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

Any suggestions of a good light?
How can i harden off plants before i move them outdoor?:worried

I'm about to buy an Adjust-a-Wing, I'm using the Hydrofarm Daystar now, it's the best one I've used so far.

To harden off your plants: my way is wait for a cloudy or rainy day and plant them straight into their permanent locations, I've done this over a decade now and the plants show no adverse effects or 2) Put them out under the shade then gradually move them from early morning sun each day gradually leave them out longer everyday till they're taking full sun which may take a little longer during hot summer months than in the springtime.

S

Sunbiz1

Thanks for the explanation symbiote420 it's a brilliant idea!:clapping
Sunbiz1
I'm using soil for flowers bought from a flower shop, anyway...i know these windows are a blessing but i must move to a flat on the 1st of august and that's why i will plant them outdoor in the ground, I don't have room for them where i'm moving but i will keep one, i will keep the smallest of all, hope it's a girl, i want to keep her indoor for cloning in case i fail with the other ones.
And also i want to buy a growing light because i have windows only west. Any suggestions of a good light?
I know what you mean by shock, 2 of them had a transplant shock when i mooved them to bigger pots, but now they are better.How can i harden off plants before i move them outdoor?:worried

OK, that changes everything(unfortunately). My plant probably had more heat shock than anything(wilted for a day). It went from air conditioning into 90 degrees...the root ball probably said WTF!. In your initial posting here, you mentioned this was your first time. With this in mind, I assume you already have a suitable site picked out that you can water etc?. Can you prepare the site?, or is it a rush job in the nearest corn field?.

SativaMan

SativaMan

I have chosen the site. I will buy 2 CFL higher than 50 w and i'm going to try the 12/12 light method...with 2 or 3 of them, hope i get some result...

SativaMan

SativaMan

what do you guys think about 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark all the plants life?
This is the method i mentioned early, it says 12 / 12 from seed to harvest, all the plants life and the plant doesn't grow big and it makes a single 30 cm bud. have you guys heard of it? did you try it? what do you think?

S

Sunbiz1

what do you guys think about 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark all the plants life?
This is the method i mentioned early, it says 12 / 12 from seed to harvest, all the plants life and the plant doesn't grow big and it makes a single 30 cm bud. have you guys heard of it? did you try it? what do you think?

Why would you want to limit plant size by restricting light during vegging?.

SativaMan

SativaMan

Because you can save space and time and you get almost the same quantity of bud....From seed in 20 days the plant shows her sex...and most of them tend to be a girl i guess because of the "late" germination (i would think that this is what are they thinking when you give them flowering light "oh dear, it's flowering time, i must hurry to flower and save the species" we all know that male plant lets go of the polen later after the female flower is ready):giggle and then they make only a 1 foot bud that is 85% of theyr hight, they don't have branches and you save space you can grow 4 plants in the same space as you grew one or 2 :rock :inlove and you save time too :party0044:
what do you think? does it make sense? or this is just my imagination? :sun2:

S

Sunbiz1

Because you can save space and time and you get almost the same quantity of bud....From seed in 20 days the plant shows her sex...and most of them tend to be a girl i guess because of the "late" germination (i would think that this is what are they thinking when you give them flowering light "oh dear, it's flowering time, i must hurry to flower and save the species" we all know that male plant lets go of the polen later after the female flower is ready):giggle and then they make only a 1 foot bud that is 85% of theyr hight, they don't have branches and you save space you can grow 4 plants in the same space as you grew one or 2 :rock :inlove and you save time too :party0044:
what do you think? does it make sense? or this is just my imagination? :sun2:

I haven't tried this either, but there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to growing. My best advice is stick to the basics.

O

offroadingfj420

harden off

I'm about to buy an Adjust-a-Wing, I'm using the Hydrofarm Daystar now, it's the best one I've used so far.

To harden off your plants: my way is wait for a cloudy or rainy day and plant them straight into their permanent locations, I've done this over a decade now and the plants show no adverse effects or 2) Put them out under the shade then gradually move them from early morning sun each day gradually leave them out longer everyday till they're taking full sun which may take a little longer during hot summer months than in the springtime.

I tried this, this year; i grew them in buckets for a couple weeks, then transplanted into the ground. to harden off i put them on a side of the house that only gets a few hours of sun a day for 1 day, then i planted them in the ground that evening when the sun was going down. no shock at all

SativaMan

SativaMan

damn....then i guess i'll stick to the plan, this sunday at dawn i will put them in the ground :) hope everything goes well :)

Top Bottom