Need some advice.

• Thread starter VR4 20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VR4 20

VR4 20

Hey guys I'm new to the forum I just moved over from Icmag jut too many Unknowledgeable people. So I'll load pictures later today but was wondering if I can veg for 3 1/2 months in 5 gallon pots and stay in 5 gallon pots all through flower? I can't wait to load my pics I think you guys will be suprised at the growth

VR4 20

VR4 20

okay so here are some pics currently at 3 months in a scrog with 2 600w dimmable phantom ballasts, 1 1000 dimmable phantom, secret jardin DR300w, 6400 btu ac unit, ultra cool portable evaporative cooler, multiple strains all in miracle grow organic soil 5-Blue dream 4-GDP, 4-LSD, 4-Master Kush, 4 Grape Stomper, 2 Headband, 2 cotton candy kush, 2 girl scout cookies, 1 great white shark and 1 super lemon haze. comments are more than welcome and yes I can take criticism lol.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice garden. You can technically use any size pot; it just depends on how much you want to water/feed. It does get a little trickier growing an 8' beauty in a two-gallon pot, but I've seen it done.
3 1/2 months of veg is a long time.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hmm... one thing that I can't say about ICMag is that its knowledge base is unknowledgeable. You just don't always get the answers you're seeking, people offer up all kinds of criticism and opinions, and are often pretty fucking harsh about it.

In any event, altitude is right and I'm in agreement, because I've done 5gal buckets for outdoors and outside it's fine to have production reduced because the girls couldn't get enough root mass going. But indoors, does it really make *any* sense at all to veg for that long and NOT give them all the room their feet need? I personally wouldn't do it, I'd either shorten up the veg time by at least 1.5mos, or I'd give 'em bigger shoes so it would at least be worth it.

VR4 20

VR4 20

okay awesome thanks, and yeah I know ive been dying to flip the lights on em but I know ill be much happier if I wait. oh and ill get some pics of the ones that are on the right side of the room that are all clones I did a side by side of how fast the growth was compared to the two and I gotta say the seeds definitely are getting much bigger in the same amount of time. my left side of the screen is 2/3 full and the clone side only 5 plants have reached the net

VR4 20

VR4 20

yup lol I cut it in half and tied it together on the center tubing. it was $16 from sports chalet online.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

welcome mang. yeah the mag is nice with all the genetics and shit everyone has, you can really find any strain over there.its a little wreckless too haha.

here its cool. little more hand holding but you def get the info you look for.

and have you considered smart pots??? they'll use more of the soil so less goes to waste. great for positions exactly like this.

VR4 20

VR4 20

I actually hadn't considered that I was going to transplant them into the 7 gallon pots I had bought but they are more narrow at the bottom and have an almost completely different shape than my current pot, but I do have another tent its a dr240 and am thinking of putting half of them in there so I can go to a 10 gallon pot and have plenty of space

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

3 1/2 mos indoor veg is a very long time.
They will get root bound unless u use any pot made of nonwoven fabric (smart pot, gro pot)
The bigger the plant the more roots it needs to nourish it. Flowering will take a little longer w/bigger plants as well Go with at least 7.
You will be loosing out, Efficiency is not there w/big indoor plants.
Things to consider:
Ratios - Harvest/Length of time harvest/Cost of Electric, Nutes, etc.
A plant vegd for 3.5 months will not usually produce double the yield of a plant vegd for 1.75 but it costs more than double to care for.
You will produce more grams per watt per day in shorter grow cycles.
If you come up with some accurate projections of cost and harvest weight between a 6w veg 8w flower & 12w veg 8w flower you will notice somewhere between the 6-12 w in veg you are loosing $ in extra costs you don't recoup in the harvest weight.
There is way too many factors involved to break it down here.
Ultimately time and rate of growth are not parallel

VR4 20

VR4 20

Oh wow thanks so much for the input guys I'm definitely going with a bigger pot I think I'm going in the fabric square 10 gallon grow bags from 1000buls.com if its square I can fit more and may not have to open up my dr240 yet lol should I keep ousting my pics as my grow continues on this thread or is there a different section?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Yo check my thread too. I have a couple 4 month veggers that got flipped a lil while ago.... They're ~ 8' before flip. Lol. F that gives you an idea

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yo check my thread too. I have a couple 4 month veggers that got flipped a lil while ago.... They're ~ 8' before flip. Lol. F that gives you an idea
Good. Lord. God. Inside? I keep trying to imagine handling a TREE, indoors. You must have a good, strong back!

VR4 20

VR4 20

Haha thanks for all the comments and info guys ive been busy at work and barely had time for my girls, I've decided to move to 10 gallon pots and donate some of my plants to other patients to make room in the tent and ill keep you guys updated if you'd like. and as far as pest infestation I've been pretty lucky my hydro store has 1000 lady bugs for $20 so I have been buying those and no bugs have shown up other than them ha. Here's an update ill be switching to 12/12 once I get my 1000w hps since re arranging the room and getting more thermostats I found some areas showing signs of deficiency were at 80 degrees and only 38% humidity so I got a small humidifier to fix that issue until I go to flower then everything will be right on track with the humidifier there.

VR4 20

VR4 20

I found some pics of my last grow which was pure dirt Mexican swag seeds I found in a shoe box from high school (5 years old) and this was some nasty tasting no smell buds these seeds came from and they were great after I got my hands on em!

CropAndGardn

CropAndGardn

Ah, you might want to check out the thread we recently had that demonstrated pretty clearly that a longer vegging period is giving the guy whose name I've suddenly forgotten a much higher yield.

Nutts, that's the cat! Here's his thread, photo-rich.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/how-much-veg-time-and-its-effect-on-yeild.56070/

That proved nothing as far as yield to veg time ratio PER YEAR. Of course you get a higher yield (not 100% connoisseur ) from each plant when you veg longer but smaller plants have a higher ratio of "connoisseur/marketable buds"

He's comparing no veg time to 30 day veg not 30 days to 100 or more !

I don't know why you don't understand this already as much as i see your posts, although it just seems like you like to be objective to whatever someone says so you can argue or debate. But take note you have to subtract the extra costs of certain techniques from the increases you have in yield &
How many harvests less will you have over the next 5 years if you double the veg time.
More less often or Less more often ?

Nutts even types later in a reply " Do you do a shitload of supercropping to keep em low? A two month veg is insane." So he just supports what i was saying before.

You will get double the yield from veg for 30 days instead of 15, you will not double your yield if you veg for 60 days instead of 30 we are talking about INDOOR.

Veg time / yield is not based on a exponential or logarithmic type curve, the equation creates a parabola on a graph.
If you want to take the time & start a poll to get some veg/yield figures from users, I will collect the data & graph it out. we would need to know; # lights ,watts, medium, co2, # plants, veg length, flower length, strain. I think that would fill in enough variables to get some accurate figures.
I love science cuz it doesn't argue with me as much as everyone else, lol.

Top Bottom