Need Some Feedback/help Please.

• Thread starter Betico
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Betico

Betico

Need some feedbackhelp please
these two are clones they had great roots before I put them in some fox farm soil. They're sitting under some CFLs about a foot above them. One of em is kinda burnt and just wondering if you think it'll make it, that happened during the cloning process but still hasn't dried out. The other one is really bushy but the leaves are coming in a bit crinckled and idk why. It's not hot near the lights or in the box so I don't think it's heat stress... any ideas?

iKharon

iKharon

View attachment 661087 these two are clones they had great roots before I put them in some fox farm soil. They're sitting under some CFLs about a foot above them. One of em is kinda burnt and just wondering if you think it'll make it, that happened during the cloning process but still hasn't dried out. The other one is really bushy but the leaves are coming in a bit crinckled and idk why. It's not hot near the lights or in the box so I don't think it's heat stress... any ideas?
Fox farm on the clones will kill em.. too potent and nute rich.. use an easier medium until the mature or mix the ff with something else

iKharon

iKharon

View attachment 661087 these two are clones they had great roots before I put them in some fox farm soil. They're sitting under some CFLs about a foot above them. One of em is kinda burnt and just wondering if you think it'll make it, that happened during the cloning process but still hasn't dried out. The other one is really bushy but the leaves are coming in a bit crinckled and idk why. It's not hot near the lights or in the box so I don't think it's heat stress... any ideas?
Also, did you treat the cutting with anything at all?

Betico

Betico

Not sure man. They look rough.. if they are fighters, you may be able to save em
What did you mean if I treated them with anything? What could you treat them with? I'm eager to learn from this mistake lol

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
What I've noticed about cloning.

After sitting in straight water for so long they learn to transpire more to keep the water flowing up and out the leaves since there's no root system yet.

Now the water we clone in has no ppms except what's in the tap water.
It's basically suuuuuuper light feed they get used to while they consume themselves for root regeneration coupled with survival needs like food production from light.

Once removed from the %100 water media with low,low ppms. Then placed in soil (dryer style media compared to water).

The soil has much more nutes than the plant has adapted to in the water.
So it can seem hot the first few weeks. But as they grow in the new leaves will adapt and turn healthy green.

I've noticed a seedling born into my soil has no indications of hot soil.

But once a clone is taken & roots are established I transplant into the same soil. It seems too hot before they adapt. This is my indicator of what's happening like stated above.

They also start drying out.
Once removed from the water where they transpire heavily. And placed in soil. Access to large amounts of water is diminished.

This means the plants shed more than they can take up through the newly established small root system.

In time they adapt and slow down the release of water when they realize what's happening.

So
What I do is wait for them to establish a good root system in the cloner.

Then once transplanted the small pot gets fully watered. Now %90 of the time I use no dome. It takes a little longer to recover and If the root system was not established well they can dry up and die with roots still healthy and intact.

The other option is to use a humidity dome, zip lock bag with holes in it, or a homemade humidity area.

This slows down the release of water allowing the plants retain the development speed from not drying out and having a stress response to save itself.

After a few days to a week remove the bag or dome and let them adapt to the new environment.

Just based on personal experience coupled with too much analytical observation lol.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
side note fox farm ocean forest is so far the only one I know HOT fox farm I have found what kind of fox farm u using

it just me but looks over watered

The one on the right is showing signs of what seems to be N-tox

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im kind of having this happen now with some clones I took it was bc the mother had nute def when I took them and setting in just water did not help at all

mag def

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
im kind of having this happen now with some clones I took it was bc the mother had nute def when I took them and setting in just water did not help at all

mag def

If they are sitting in water they aren't burning. They are consuming themselves From a lack of nutrient availability.

If you say burning you make it sound as if an overfeeding of nutrients did it.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

If they are sitting in water they aren't burning. They are consuming themselves From a lack of nutrient availability.

If you say burning you make it sound as if an overfeeding of nutrients did it.

if u had some type of browning or dis color before cloneing its not going to get any better

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
if u had some type of browning or dis color before cloneing its not going to get any better

Usually the yellowing and browning occur while my clones consume themselves growing roots from their nutrient stores sitting in water.

Once put in soil they react like it's hot but the start growing in green healthy leaves as they adapt.

To the original poster.
We're your original seedlings you pulled the clones from burnt after emerging from your ffof soil?

If so I agree with these guys it's too hot.

But if it only happened after cloning I'd say don't worry about it. Just toss a zip lock bag over them or humidity dome so they don't dry out and die. Make sure to mist the leaves occasionally too. It will help them while their root systems develop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom