Need some help and or advice on design setup of grow space and lung room

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey all : ) I am needing some advice for lung room and grow space setup (there’s a lot to unpack here)I read through the all the posts on this subject here on the farm and couldnt quite get my specific situation figured out based off of those threads. my current setup is as fallows :
Need some help and or advice on design setup of grow space and lung room

Now mind you I have not run the AC in the way of controlling temp (just put it there because it seemed like a good idea). I use the inlet to get cool air into the room from ducting that goes to the window, my issue with that is the outside temps are warming up and im not getting my cooling effect anymore lol. Here’s a picture on what I want to do

Need some help and or advice on design setup of grow space and lung room 2

What I’m trying to figure out is
- is this efficient?
- does the dehu exiting into the lung room make sense? Along with the inlet to the grow space from the lung room (hot air), to me that doesnt make sense and I dont know why im doing it)
- the second charcoal filter exiting lung room air to the outside (trying to keep grow room smell at a minimum) yes I know im doing a little outdoor thing but I want it to not smell year round.

Thanks for taking a look! If you have any ideas or just want to discuss this with me or others on this thread please feel free to so!! : )

B

Bdubs

I have a 3 wall to outside grow room. One wall touching the house. I run intake from my basement through the wall and into the flower rooms main room. My veg tent exhausts to the flower room and I intake from the flower room. (I do this to increase veg tent temps as they want it hotter and more humid. 8” exhaust fan blowing to the outside. That’s my flow.

8” fan sits right above the tent exhaust fan outlet.

If you want perfect negative pressure:
-run your exhaust fan one size bigger than fresh air intake. So 8” exhaust 6” intake. And run them at the same fan speed setting.

For me, if I control basement temps to stay low, I can control room temps with the fans. Humidity dump at night, cold dump (make room colder than the night temps), drop temps during the day with an environment dump from exhaust.

B

Bdubs

Having a continual cold air intake makes it very easy to manage temps in the flower room.

There are so many ways to set up environment it is the hardest to recommend. It is so specific to your exact set up that bless someone has the exact same room and dimensions and all that, they won’t really truly help anyone hone it in. It took 6 months of focusing environment with the use of automation Wi-Fi controllers and multiple devices with tinkering to get my space fully automated.

It’s a learning curve that truly comes down to your micromanagement of it and monitoring your rooms reaction to outside temps/humidity/raining/20 degree swing to night temps. All have impacts on how the room works. And I won’t lie, there are certain conditions of outside weather that I must step in and manually adjust things.

B

Bdubs

I shit you not, I babysat my VPD, temps and humidity charts and recorded all outside temps and humidity to room temp and humidity and kept making adjustments. It takes a while to hone it in perfect if you are looking for automation.

B

Bdubs

From summer through winter I had to record data to have epiphanies to make the correct adjustments. And the most minor adjustments made the biggest impacts the closer it got to “perfection”.
Picture is a little over 2 months of running. It wasn’t achieved easily. That is using ACinfinity fans, controllers, smart humidifier, and manual intervention. I use a manual heater as well until I can snag up their new smart heater.

IMG 9270
B

Bdubs

But for the most part you should be able to hone it in good with 2 simple things.
-exhaust to the outside from main room
-cold air intake from the house or a vent from the homes AC. (Which I do not have any central air to control temps in that manner) I do not think it is smart to use as I feel it would cause an extreme variable to have direct AC that is not controlled individually with its own thermostat.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
My rig
Now I have a dual 6inch manifold that combines to a single 8in exhaust that dumps into my attic, if you have a crawl space or attic it has a few pluses as opposed to running to an exterior wall. Depending on where you are located it’s nice to do because if you have a particular strain that is spilling that good funk everywhere and your mail person all the sudden starts making the international doobie gesture at you you can add a post filter attic side, you would just have to keep your vent fan turned about a bit more to compensate for the extra pressure from the extra filter. It’s just a good option to have. I have a port closed off on mine, I used to have a tent h jammed in this room with shelving and a 2x4 tent, but now it’s just the 6in and that handles it very well. A couple of Pennies for your thoughts.

IMG 1866
IMG 1580
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
I have a 3 wall to outside grow room. One wall touching the house. I run intake from my basement through the wall and into the flower rooms main room. My veg tent exhausts to the flower room and I intake from the flower room. (I do this to increase veg tent temps as they want it hotter and more humid. 8” exhaust fan blowing to the outside. That’s my flow.

-run your exhaust fan one size bigger than fresh air intake. So 8” exhaust 6” intake. And run them at the same fan speed setting.

For me, if I control basement temps to stay low, I can control room temps with the fans. Humidity dump at night, cold dump (make room colder than the night temps), drop temps during the day with an environment dump from exhaust.
I dig the way you run the airflow from veg to flower. Killing 2 birds one stone 👊🏻🤡

B

Bdubs

Smaller the room the harder the control as well. I have a buddy with a 4x6 room and his LED lights alone push 80 degrees at 50% intensity. He is forced to run direct AC vent from central air to keep temps low.
I dig the way you run the airflow from veg to flower. Killing 2 birds one stone 👊🏻🤡
thank you sir.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Smaller the room the harder the control as well. I have a buddy with a 4x6 room and his LED lights alone push 80 degrees at 50% intensity. He is forced to run direct AC vent from central air to keep temps low.

thank you sir.
As do I, I actually took the vent out, and added about 8ft of flex duct so its output is right behind my 16in shop fan (circulation on a speed controller) great minds. If something ain’t quite doing it, make it. In times I don’t need it, I scrunch it back up to the ceiling and tape it. Toss this your homies way.

Sounds like your homie is on point. 👊🏻🤡

IMG 4404
SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Bear.. I might be missing something... I'd put the air in the widow of the lung area... why run duct when you don't have to... also.. putting air con control in grow area might cause excessive cycling of the air conditioner... you didn't mention dimensions.. that has a influence... same with humidifier.. will run up heat in the grow area... if you control the lung room the the intake to the grow area will supply conditioned temp and humid.. exhaust air will process on return to lung area.. if that doesn't float... try something else....

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i wondering what im doing wrong then i have a 4x4x7 tent with a 6 inch spider farmer exhaust fan blowing air out and and a 8 inch ac infinity booster fan blowing air into the tent and your not gonna run both fo them on the same levels and have it work lol

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
i wondering what im doing wrong then i have a 4x4x7 tent with a 6 inch spider farmer exhaust fan blowing air out and and a 8 inch ac infinity booster fan blowing air into the tent and your not gonna run both fo them on the same levels and have it work lol
Yeah that maaaay a bit much.
I have a 6 that’s been at on 4 and no more for
4straight year in a 4 1/2 x 10 space….

Newty

Newty

Approx how big is the grow space and how big is the lung room?

Does the dehumidifier seem to not work as well if you have it in your lung room instead?

I'm not sure what effects exhausting the dehumidifier into the lung room will have but you could put up a divider or small wall in your lung room just enough for the dehumidifier exhaust so you can keep it out of the lung room and potentially being sucked back into the grow space and then vent the small space the dehumidifier exhaust is in to the outside.

In your new design drawing, I'm wondering how effective the exhaust fan with filter in the lung room is going to be since you will also be sucking air from the same space the opposite direction into your grow space.
You could put a carbon filter on the inlet fan that blows into the grow space, that will help keep some smell down I'm sure and also filter the incoming air.

PooToe

PooToe

Unfortunately there really isn't a way of dehumidifying the air without introducing the hot air the dehu emits. The hot air IS the dehumidified air so you can't really vent it out of the lung room. All you can do is try and cool it down before it goes into your tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom