Need some help and or advice on design setup of grow space and lung room

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
i did try and get a job here 1 time being a bud tender on a hemp farm i thought hey i might could learn some shit
the guy didnt like it when he asked me what kind of exp i had and i said 25 years of smoking the shit lol
Imo, that’s the most important part, it’s where the deep connection to plant comes from, then you want to get around crops so you can hug them to completion.

Dude sounds like a green rusher.
Not for the love of the plant and community.
About them dollars. It may have been a blessing it didn’t work out.
Uptight prick that dude sounds like. 😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Unfortunately there really isn't a way of dehumidifying the air without introducing the hot air the dehu emits. The hot air IS the dehumidified air so you can't really vent it out of the lung room. All you can do is try and cool it down before it goes into your tent.
a window unit will bring down rh without heat.
Only real option there. I get what you mean tho.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Hey everyone! Thanks for the reply’s! Im going through everything now. 🙏❤️

@Newty the grow space is roughly 8’x6’ with 8’ ceiling and the lung room would be 5’x 9ish feet

B

Bdubs

Unfortunately there really isn't a way of dehumidifying the air without introducing the hot air the dehu emits. The hot air IS the dehumidified air so you can't really vent it out of the lung room. All you can do is try and cool it down before it goes into your tent.
but there is. I made a cardboard box over the exhaust of the dehumidifier, used a 6” flex duct and directed the hot air to a 8” - 6” to 6” Y duct connector. So my 8” fan blows out, over the connector where the dehumidifier blows into the 6” connection and blows outside. The 8” fan creating a rush over the 6” connector location and helps force air out as the dehumidifier blows out as well. All going outside. No heat from my dehumidifier when done this way.

B

Bdubs

I knew I had a photo somewhere. That’s my dehumidifier setup. My 8” fan is on the ceiling now but just to show you the dehumidifier homemade exhaust.

IMG 9272
B

Bdubs

Just before I mounted the 8” to the ceiling. You can see behind the tent where it meets at the Y connector and then goes to a 6” pipe out of the house. Yes, I upgraded my laundry exhaust to 6” and tapped it for the room to utilize for no extra holes in the walls.

IMG 9273
B

Bdubs

Sorry, hopefully that can paint a picture of a pretty decent setup. All that tapping the house for cold air is just to eliminate costly AC unit running constant 1500+ watts and risking a circuit breaker pop. 🤟

I look at the room like a grow tent. And set it up like one basically.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
but there is. I made a cardboard box over the exhaust of the dehumidifier, used a 6” flex duct and directed the hot air to a 8” - 6” to 6” Y duct connector. So my 8” fan blows out, over the connector where the dehumidifier blows into the 6” connection and blows outside. The 8” fan creating a rush over the 6” connector location and helps force air out as the dehumidifier blows out as well. All going outside. No heat from my dehumidifier when done this way.
Well, the larger units do still push out hot air
It’s just that the exhaust is routed past the heating element making it 2 times hotter out the back. Its cooler air, but they do indeed get degrees warmer in your tent/room fit with the box method. Though I’m not dragging it here, I’ve done it with window units once upon a time too, it’s just that with my equipment, it wasn’t worth it like that. I’d take a thermometer and check the difference between the exhaust and blower sides to see if the squeeze is worth the juice. Room or tent, central or window unit, your blowing it out somewhere regardless.

B

Bdubs

I agree. I have a huge room. It’s like 12’x14’

And this is where we end up saying…it’s so specific to each setup and room. Recommendations become silly beyond the basics of setting one up.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Just before I mounted the 8” to the ceiling. You can see behind the tent where it meets at the Y connector and then goes to a 6” pipe out of the house. Yes, I upgraded my laundry exhaust to 6” and tapped it for the room to utilize for no extra holes in the walls.

I agree. I have a huge room. It’s like 12’x14’

And this is where we end up saying…it’s so specific to each setup and room. Recommendations become silly beyond the basics of setting one up.
Yep, and truly I think it would come down dehumidifier design cfm capability and not too long of trip to the window for exhaust.

Oh I also dig the fact you try to not make more un needed holes in the walls, if available in a grow room I try to use the hole from the light fixture, I take it down remove the bracket And pow. Variables my esteemed colleague,
Yeesh. 👊🏻🤡

PooToe

PooToe

But the heated air is LITERALLY the dehumidified air. Why would you vent out the dehumidified air?

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
The food for thought you guys are dishing out is freaking amazing! It’s all thought provoking and first hand experience! LOVE IT!

@Bdubs really appreciate the in-depth show and tell of your set up! I 100% agree after reading your post that there can be some guidelines from someone else’s setup but its not exact there fore variables aren’t the same! Thank you!

@Captspaulding your coin is always welcome! : ) I feel im going to be setting up some long running ducting that will get put aside for certain seasons and busted out when applicable! Great idea!! Thanks for the pics of your set up also!!! Thank you!

@PooToe you got me thinking and im not sure if thats ok or not (it makes my head hurt😂) just kidding! Thanks for your input, it got some good discussion going! Thank you!

@SnappyJack thank you for the input. You have brought up one of the two of my concerns : ) it just doesnt seem avoidable at all to go any other route than to AC directly to the room or AC the lung room, im still processing everything. Im going to make some scenario sheets to better see shit in my head ( im a visual learner) lol. Thank you!

@budsofgeorgia we can learn this together man! : ) thanks for stopping by and getting the conversation going! If I missed something correct me but wouldn’t the larger fan be better for the exit and the smaller for the intake? : ) I may have missed the joke though lol, im very autistic online if that makes sense, zero context hahaha!! Thanks man!

@Newty thanks for your input Newty! I didnt even consider that! This is why im here : ) Thank you!

Ill throw an update on this thread when I figure out what’s happening : ) were in between seasons here so its dynamic and I get that! You guys have eased my mind a bit and have absolutely giving me some ideas and explained some things I had backwards in my thought. Very much appreciate all of you!!!🧠😍

Top Bottom