Need Some Help. Bit Confused On Air Pump Size For Dwc, Rdwc

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hello fellow farmers

As the title say am a bit confused on the pump size for dwc

I have been doing a lot of reading on it and most people seem to be say on 1watt per 1gallon of water
Seems simple yes?
Or the more the better but in my understanding water can only hold so much oxygen in it so ther must be a point where adding more is pointless??

Well this is the part that is getting me confused because I have looked at a lot of different pump makes
and all ther ratings are different for instance

lpm/Lph (all the same thimg)
To watts ratio.

As All pumps are not made the same as each other and other are more energy efficient and stuff (not interested in this)

For eg: 1 has 220lpm to 4watt
2 has. 160 lpm to 4watt
3 has 110 lpm to 4watt
Ect
Like if someone said to me 4watt for 4gallon of water I could go out and buy and 4watt pump not the same pump as his and end up with only half the amount of oxygen in my res as he has in his res.

So I myself think it is not a good way of telling someone pumps as ther are not all the same.

So my questions is how many (Lph/lpm) per gallon of water do in need as this seems to be the easiest way to know how much air your pump need to move regardless of power consumption

Thanks in advance for any help info or input you may have to this

hiiipower

hiiipower

You wanna focus on lpm/g(liters per minute/per gallon) here, of air. Take a look over a current culture h2o website and look at their feeding schedules for different set ups. You'll notice that the more air you pump into your res the less nutrients you need. Can use any nute line up, but it just serves a reference. Look air pumps on active aqua website(or any other supplier) and you'll see the pumps have the different lpm ratings. Then just apply that to w/e size res you have to get the ratio you want of lpm/g. I use 3" fat airstones and would suggest the same.

Imo this should give you what your looking for. Stick to that chart and don't overfeed(too easy in dwc, still getting used to it myself). I didn't realize the massive amount of air I was pumping into my res's meant I had to lower my nute level, and I paid severely in yield this last round. But right when I lowered the nutes all my roots on my other plants immediately perked up and everything is now healthy.

Good luck

Top Bottom