Need Some Help, Can’t Seem To Pin Point The Nutrient Issue.

• Thread starter Dannik13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dannik13

I’m new to growing, this is my first grow, but I am no stranger to growing other kinds of plants. This is however my first attempt at hydroponics. These plants are in a DWC system, PH sitting 5.6-5.9 throughout the day. Checking before and after work. I don’t recognize the symptoms my plants are presenting vs. what the pinned charts reflect, but as stated, huge cannanoob. Any help or suggestions are very appreciated! If needed I can kill the LEDs and use a normal lamp for better coloring. Thanks guys.

Need some help cant seem to pin point the nutrient issue
Need some help cant seem to pin point the nutrient issue 2
Need some help cant seem to pin point the nutrient issue 3
Need some help cant seem to pin point the nutrient issue 4
Need some help cant seem to pin point the nutrient issue 5
D

Dannik13

Also, 5x5 tent. 4 plants from clone at roughly 4 weeks past first roots showing through the rock wool. Feeding Tiger bloom trio and CalMag.

D

Dannik13

and also, (again), these are all upper and high mid level leaves. I don't see anything on the lower leaves and the new growth still seems healthy and a bit lighter/brighter green.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

How do you expect anyone to diagnose a nute problem if you don't provide any information about your nutes? By mindreading?

D

Dannik13

How do you expect anyone to diagnose a nute problem if you don't provide any information about your nutes? By mindreading?
i listed I use the tiger bloom trio in a note, but I assume you are refering to lack of notating strengths of nutes. I am using 3tsp/ gal of big bloom and 3tsp/ gal of grow big. I also use 3ml/gal of CalMag.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

i listed I use the tiger bloom trio in a note, but I assume you are refering to lack of notating strengths of nutes. I am using 3tsp/ gal of big bloom and 3tsp/ gal of grow big. I also use 3ml/gal of CalMag.
According to their website, they recommend a max of 2 tsp/gal of the grow, and only every other watering. It also seems to imply using them separately. You are burning your girls. I'd use one or the other, as the instructions seem to imply, and reduce strength. The cal-mag is probably unnecessary unless you are using Ro water.

To other readers, this is why details are important.

D

Dannik13

According to their website, they recommend a max of 2 tsp/gal of the grow. It also seems to imply using them separately. I would guess you are burning your girls. I'd use one or the other, as the instructions seem to imply, and reduce strength. The cal-mag is probably unnecessary unless you are using Ro water.
Am I reading the schedule for week 4 wrong then? I’m just curious, as stated, hydro noob here. I assumed that it was saying to feed both? I will omit the cal mag then.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Hmmm. That's different than the website, and those are pretty high ppms. I never run above about 1100; plants get burned when I do. I'd follow the instructions, but back it off 25-50%.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Another issue may be, are you using a true teaspoon, which is 5ml. Just grabbing a sppon out of the kitchen can get you into trouble. Get true measuring spoons, if you haven't already.

D

Dannik13

A
Hmmm. That's different than the website, and those are pretty high ppms. I never run above about 1100; plants get burned when I do. I'd follow the instructions, but back it off 25-50%.
Awesome, thank you!

D

Dannik13

Another issue may be, are you using a true teaspoon, which is 5ml. Just grabbing a sppon out of the kitchen can get you into trouble. Get true measuring spoons, if you haven't already.
I am using a true measuring teaspoon.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Better pictures
Looks like a calmag deficiency however this could be caused by improper ph at the rootzone and or nutrient toxicity. I think lowering your nutes in general by 25% is a safe bet as well as calibrating your ph meter and double checking ph. Dont make drastic changes slow changes so you can diagnose results. Good luck bro

showmegreen

showmegreen

Ph is/was off due't tha squirrel in them fan leaves. Looks like a mag problem to take a swing addit. There is no such thing as a cal/mag deficiency. It's either calcium or magnesium. They jus think thems smarter ta slap them togedder. I'd bring ph roun 6 ta 6.2 uptake gits better imo. But I'm jus sym hillbilly honkytoast. Back oft on tha nutes ta everuther waterin. People forget that they are weeds. They like being abused jus not poisoned with chemicals organic or not. You seem to be doin alright as a 'noob' to me. Bless yer grow!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
You have access to a tds/ec meter? A ppm on res would tell a better picture .
But as all suggestions state, it’s likey a nute burn. However, it also curiously looks like russets mite, that rusty look to leaves, can we get a pic of the affected leaf underside?
But likely a nute off balance. Every hydro grower would say, what’s the ppm? Reason is that no matter what the notes on the nute can say, true pic is via ppm. Plant life stage has different levels on ppm feed and more accurately done via ppm additions. The tsp guides are very imprecise so I’d lower that to half and let plant recover then pls get a good meter. About $170-195 for a decent dual handheld or $340-500 for the pro model but the hand heads are precise and most hydro stores will calibrate the meter they sell for free once monthly.
No panic, just cut the feed in half. Check for pests, but likely a nutrient issue. The purple stems usually is a dead giveaway for over feeding or wrong dosage to plant life stage. I see the purple when I switch from veg to flower nutes, usually for a week or so until the plant realizes it’s time to go to a different life cycle. Have you perhaps added the wrong feed at the wrong cycle? Hard to diagnose via pics, safest best method would be to cut what u do in half and monitor.
Like some one said it’s a weed but dang it she is temperamental!
Cheers and pls update us! Greet setup though brother!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
That's not burn. Burn is at the tips of the leaves or total fry. That's lock out or lack of something.

Are your room temps dialed? is humidity out of wack? What is the temp of the water? Are you using tap or RO? Are you doing add backs or total change of the nutes? If doing add backs how much do you add back till you change? Are these solo buckets or are they recirculating? Make sure all of that is locked in place before you move to a nute ratio problem.

D

Dannik13

That's not burn. Burn is at the tips of the leaves or total fry. That's lock out or lack of something.

Are your room temps dialed? is humidity out of wack? What is the temp of the water? Are you using tap or RO? Are you doing add backs or total change of the nutes? If doing add backs how much do you add back till you change? Are these solo buckets or are they recirculating? Make sure all of that is locked in place before you move to a nute ratio problem.
Room temp is 75-78 with 48-53% throughout the day, full nute changes and solo buckets. Just did a change Sunday, I change every Sunday. I don’t do add backs, not for any specific reason. Tap water.

D

Dannik13

Alright so what I’m doing, and I’ll update you guys, cut the nutes by 25%, added a little more calmag, and I’m going to cool the room a bit more by upping my AC in my place. Been in one hell of a heatwave lately. I’ll take a pic of the underside of the most affected leaves as well once I am home from work.

D

Dannik13

You have access to a tds/ec meter? A ppm on res would tell a better picture .
But as all suggestions state, it’s likey a nute burn. However, it also curiously looks like russets mite, that rusty look to leaves, can we get a pic of the affected leaf underside?
But likely a nute off balance. Every hydro grower would say, what’s the ppm? Reason is that no matter what the notes on the nute can say, true pic is via ppm. Plant life stage has different levels on ppm feed and more accurately done via ppm additions. The tsp guides are very imprecise so I’d lower that to half and let plant recover then pls get a good meter. About $170-195 for a decent dual handheld or $340-500 for the pro model but the hand heads are precise and most hydro stores will calibrate the meter they sell for free once monthly.
No panic, just cut the feed in half. Check for pests, but likely a nutrient issue. The purple stems usually is a dead giveaway for over feeding or wrong dosage to plant life stage. I see the purple when I switch from veg to flower nutes, usually for a week or so until the plant realizes it’s time to go to a different life cycle. Have you perhaps added the wrong feed at the wrong cycle? Hard to diagnose via pics, safest best method would be to cut what u do in half and monitor.
Like some one said it’s a weed but dang it she is temperamental!
Cheers and pls update us! Greet setup though brother!!
I am Ssoooooo picking up a good PPm/EC meter here soon! Thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom