Need Some Help, Can’t Seem To Pin Point The Nutrient Issue.

• Thread starter Dannik13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Room temp is 75-78 with 48-53% throughout the day, full nute changes and solo buckets. Just did a change Sunday, I change every Sunday. I don’t do add backs, not for any specific reason. Tap water.
If i read this correctly, you're not topping off you water between changes? That will further increase ppm, contributing to the burn likelihood.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

1ST. I HOPE U GOT THE HYDRO TRIO AND NOT THE SOIL TRIO. i sure hope u get it figured out.
when did your plants change from healthy looking to what you show in pictures ? had u made any changes u recall during that time just before the visible. hydro reacts to variations and changes pretty fast.
Old man river gave u good advice.
if you get through this i suggest you go to soil because it's what you know and is much more forgiving. then u can easily transition to soiless then coco coir or hempy buckets for the most simply hydro u can do.
easier to learn that way imho on your way to being a master grower or at least expert. ijs :)

make sure u review the meters well before you buy and check growers who have used the ones you have on your list. warranty, calibration, accuracy and durability are key buying point imho.
i ended up getting a truncheon like 10 years ago, simple and cost effective. i need to find out too cause i haven't seen them for sale. i guess it would help if i could recall who made it lol. i do know who i brought it from so maybe i can check them. back then blue lab was the standard but frankly it was overpriced. ijs
this company sold it but have reduced their line over the years and i'm guessing the one i brought didn't have a high enough profit margin cause it sure as hell worked and did all this blue lab truncheon did very easily. they had s standard one and also a digital one. i brought the standard and it was easy. damn i need to find it now my OCD has kicked in. smdh

https://www.nehydro.com/ph-tds-testing/tds-ec-meters/bluelab-truncheon/

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I will definitely top off water then
Your problem may be as simple as this. You're already running a hot mix. Losing 25% of your water over a week, which is totally possible, will make this even hotter. As mentioned before, reduce the nute load by 25% and make sure your water is topped off. I'll bet that fixes you.

Ignore the people above babbling about cal-mag. You're running plenty of cal-mag, and if you're using tap water, cal-mag is rarely a problem. I never use it. It's also highly unlikely to be another deficiency, people use these nutes all the time without deficiencies. Generally, more beginners poison than starve their plants.

I'd get a ppm meter. Even a cheap $15 one from Amazon is better than nothing. Frankly, that's what I use and it's been fine. You're flying in the dark without instruments without one.

Nugteq

Nugteq

Ya u definitely need some good meters for hydro
A ppm ec meter
And a ph pen
I've tried a few brands but the new bluelab pens have been super reliable and easy to calibrate for me its in the mjd price range if you order online best bet and ya dont add additional calmag or anything for that matter till you resolve problem. Ph and ppm first. Youll get it

D

Dannik13

Thanks so much everyone. Really appreciate all the feed back and I’ll update you soon on status!

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

ok dude, after frustration with so many hits all about blue lab i found a flaky one that wasn't blue lab but i was skeptical about it's quality and the name wasn't what i recall. i persisted like the Bulldog i am ( formerly stoned cold bulldog) .
Nope not as cheap as what i got but that was 19 yrs ago. still a good price for a simple accurate product imho. hell if i can't find mine at least i can buy another now.

website =

https://controlwizardproducts.com/downloads/ECDipstick-010711.pdf

D

Dannik13

ok dude, after frustration with so many hits all about blue lab i found a flaky one that wasn't blue lab but i was skeptical about it's quality and the name wasn't what i recall. i persisted like the Bulldog i am ( formerly stoned cold bulldog) .
Nope not as cheap as what i got but that was 19 yrs ago. still a good price for a simple accurate product imho. hell if i can't find mine at least i can buy another now.

website =

https://controlwizardproducts.com/downloads/ECDipstick-010711.pdf
Hell yeah man thank you

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I agree with everyone here who has suggested getting pH and ppm meters, but be careful with them when using organic nutrients, your readings may not be completely accurate. Some of the compounds in organic nutrients will not provide a charge and therefore will not read on your ppm (or EC) meter; this means there are more particles in your water than the meter states. Just something to keep in mind.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I agree with everyone here who has suggested getting pH and ppm meters, but be careful with them when using organic nutrients, your readings may not be completely accurate. Some of the compounds in organic nutrients will not provide a charge and therefore will not read on your ppm (or EC) meter; this means there are more particles in your water than the meter states. Just something to keep in mind.
Most hydro don’t use organic, mostly salts so yea , I’d not worry too much if I’m a soil grower cause ph is about all u need to watch

S

Soulcalsd

I'm not a pro by any means but looks like best action would be cut back on nutes some, but to me it looks like a ph issue causing lockout. I've had those tiger stripes myself.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I'm not a pro by any means but looks like best action would be cut back on nutes some, but to me it looks like a ph issue causing lockout. I've had those tiger stripes myself.
You might want to read back through the thread. His pH is fine, maybe a tad low. He's toasting the plants with well over 1500 ppm. I'm not sure how any experienced grower could reach a conclusion of lockout, which generally shows itself as a significant deficiency, which is not shown in any of the pics.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
You might want to read back through the thread. His pH is fine, maybe a tad low. He's toasting the plants with well over 1500 ppm. I'm not sure how any experienced grower could reach a conclusion of lockout, which generally shows itself as a significant deficiency, which is not shown in any of the pics.
I believe the heat and everything else combined to whammy them, I agree the nutes were probably extreme but yes they do and can actually lockout with higher feedings as shown via his pics. Ph may not be a issue I agree. The higher heat and burn from over fertilization looks the culprit.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I... but yes they do and can actually lockout with higher feedings as shown via his pics. ...

Citation, please. I call bullshit. You can't have lockout, which is unavailability of nutrients, and burn, which manifestly is feeding the plant. The nutrients are either in solution or not. HIs pics show nothing; they are the reason we are puzzling over this. Your train of logic looks like a figure eight to me.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Citation, please. I call bullshit. You can't have lockout, which is unavailability of nutrients, and burn, which manifestly is feeding the plant. The nutrients are either in solution or not. HIs pics show nothing; they are the reason we are puzzling over this. Your train of logic looks like a figure eight to me.
Old man, I been polite
But if I insist
Pls read on, your old ways may have worked for you but science has come a long way since blood letting...

http://www.nosoilsolutions.com/nutrient-lockout/

https://www.maximumyield.com/plants-on-lockdown/2/1341
https://spacehydro.co.uk/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=12

This is just one of a million different articles on this matter.
Over feeding can and will cause lockout.
We all agreed that maybe he fed too much. His Symptoms are many of which I’ve seen myself.
I grow no more then 50k plants a cycle and been doing this for years and years in every media know to man and more. So kindly sir, c let’s re-evaluate your thought pattern and let me call your BS bad, we are all here to share and debate without getting pissy. . So chill out and smoke that shit bud you probably grow.

Last edited:
S

Soulcalsd

I had these same symptoms when I had salt buildup in my coco, it started with this then progressed further into a variety of symptoms. Having said that, I'm a student here so I'll take your word for it seeing as how your knowledge has got me on track in the past.

Top Bottom