Need some help here please!

• Thread starter Mark83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mark83

Hi all, first grow in many years. They are roughly 3 weeks old and everything seemed to be going good until 2 of my plants started developing yellow leaves on the two oldest leaves. It is starting to make its way to the next higher set of leaves and I would like to stop it before it takes over. They are photoperiod, soil is happy frog and promix HP with some worm castings as well as extra pearlite. Running temp is about 78° with a humidity around 60% roughly 300 ppfd... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Need some help here please
Need some help here please 2
Need some help here please 3
Need some help here please 4
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
New growth is solid! I usually trim those lowers anyways. I wouldn’t stress too much and keep chugging along. Your parameters are solid and your plant looks beautiful! I’m not familiar with anything other than HF soil, so I can suggest any kind of feeding suggestions but I personally don’t think you have anything to stress about.

WonkasTHC

WonkasTHC

They look good, in my opinion they are just letting you know they're gonna need food in the next week or so.
Adding more worm castings now would be a good idea.

Charlie946

Charlie946

Yellowing from the bottom up is a sign of nitrogen Def. Your probly at the point the plant has depleted the available n. If your ready to transplant into a bigger container with fresh soil do so if not feed with a compost tea or anything that makes the food available right way.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I agree with @Charlie946, most premixed soils only have a couple weeks worth of feed in them to begin with so your plant has likely run out. It does also look like it's time to transplant anyway if you are planning to.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Yellowing in the lowest leaves is pretty common, so I wouldn't freak out. I agree that they might be hungry. As an aside and possibly related: your plants look over-watered to me, based on the texture and thickness of the leaves. By "over-watering," I mean that they're being watered too often, not that too much water is being given at once. I realize you're in kind of a custom mix, but in Happy Frog, I water slowly to runoff, only when the pots are very light. That typically takes a quarter to a third of the media volume. With plants that size in pots that size, it could be a week or more between waterings for me. Just a thought.

M

Mark83

Thanks for all the advise. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else going on. I had an idea that it was a lack of N, wanted more opinions though. I only water them roughly once a week and let the medium dry out. I top dressed castings and 1 tbsp of gia green 4-4-4 per pot a few days ago. They have been in the 1 gal pots for about a week and was going to transplant in about another week or two.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hi @Mark83 - Welcome to the farm.

I agree that the new growth looks good. It also looks like there could be slightly too much N, but it will grow out of that. It might benefit from some CalMag before long. Are you going to transplant it to a larger pot soon? A fabric pot, perhaps? I advise against plastic pots, but some folks do okay with them.

Top Bottom