Need some help/info. Too much outdoor

• Thread starter Indoortooutdoor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Hello all
So after many years of indoor growing with hps lights, I had to grow outdoors. I grew zkittkez and gdp. The Zkittlez grew pretty uniform and I’m now harvesting. I harvested a couple with very few amber tricomes to offset. But now I’m at the 10-20% amber and out of drying room.
Anyone have a good way to dry the excess amount of plants? I have a shed but it has my gas, motorcycle and other stuff in it. It’s not gas smelling in there. Can I dry in shed without worrying about the smells from the shed infusing with the flowers?

Second part. Gonna grow indoors in a tent because too much stress growing outdoors when growing 20 big plans.
What led light is a ready to use out of the box led is best?

A slut out to ilgm. I bought my seed from them. Gdp and zkittlez. The gdp was not uniform by any means. From 3’- 9’ tall plants. Very few branching and just not seeming to be quality. I’m not a new grower. So they took care of me and gave me store credit. I appreciate a company that stands behind their products! I recommend them and I will continue to purchase from them. I’m a glutton for punishment, so I used the credit to buy gdp auto flower seeds. Good choice or not?

Summary- need to know what led is ready to use out of box? Will I struggle to keep tent temps and humidity proper?

Can I use my shed to dry without worries if snells from shed infusing with my flowers?

How can I dry about 4-5 more lbs with little room left?

Thank to anyone offering help/info. Pic is sept 1st and my zkittlez grow

Need some helpinfo too much outdoor
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Anyone have a good way to dry the excess amount of plants? I have a shed but it has my gas, motorcycle and other stuff in it. It’s not gas smelling in there. Can I dry in shed without worrying about the smells from the shed infusing with the flowers?
The most important aspects of drying, AFAIK, are temperature, humidity and darkness. The shed might be okay if it's well ventilated. If you can't hang the plants, wet trimming is an alternative. It requires less space. I wet trim and hang a drying rack in a 2x2 tent. It works well.

I think they all work out of the box and there are many good ones available. I am currently using ViparSpectra lights, but am thinking of trying one from AC Infinity because I'm interested in light control beyond simply turning it on and off, e.g., dawn and dusk simulation.

I used the credit to buy gdp auto flower seeds. Good choice or not?
I haven't grown auto flowers. I like being able to control the growth stage.

Summary- need to know what led is ready to use out of box? Will I struggle to keep tent temps and humidity proper?
I don't have much trouble with temperature and humidity control except when the weather is a problem. I use the AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro that has a lot of features and is good at controlling the climate inside the tent.

Can I use my shed to dry without worries if snells from shed infusing with my flowers?
Not sure. Could you cover the motorcycle and other smelly things with a plastic drop cloth? Maybe use an air purifier with odor control. I have one of those in my lung room.

If you're going to start growing under lights, you could buy a tent now with ventilation and use it to dry. I use a tent and it works very well. I have a small tent just for that purpose. It has fans inside and for exhaust. It also has a small heater with an Inkbird controller. (I could provide a picture if you're interested.) I've also seen people make a box out of plywood. A tent is quicker and easier to set up and it can also be used for growing.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I have a liloc tree I hang in outdoors. Ya can't see it in there. Sometimes I have to use the old oak tree as well. I use clear fishing line up over high branches and pull hanger lots up in the canopy of the tree. 30' up and tie it off.

3cats

3cats

Hello all
So after many years of indoor growing with hps lights, I had to grow outdoors. I grew zkittkez and gdp. The Zkittlez grew pretty uniform and I’m now harvesting. I harvested a couple with very few amber tricomes to offset. But now I’m at the 10-20% amber and out of drying room.

Second part. Gonna grow indoors in a tent because too much stress growing outdoors when growing 20 big plans.

A slut out to ilgm. I bought my seed from them. Gdp and zkittlez. The gdp was not uniform by any means. From 3’- 9’ tall plants. Very few branching and just not seeming to be quality. I’m not a new grower. So they took care of me and gave me store credit. I appreciate a company that stands behind their products! I recommend them and I will continue to purchase from them. I’m a glutton for punishment, so I used the credit to buy gdp auto flower seeds. Good choice or not?

Thank to anyone offering help/info. Pic is sept 1st and my zkittlez grow
Ideally you want 62f @ 62% in the dark with good air movement, or as close as you can get. I can get 62% easy its the 62f in the summer that gets hard. I just bought an air con to cool a small area just to dry my weed. Its not a problem once fall moves on but now at 88f Hi 75 low it drys to fast making it dry out light and taste harsh

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

I appreciate all the advice!
I’m not new to growing and have dried and cured small amounts every 75 days indoors with clones. About 1.5 lbs per cycle under hps.
This year I have approximately 10-15 lbs and ran out of room. There’s no where to put a tent, it would have to be big. Rental size. Lol. There’s only my shed left. I guess a good problem to have. But stressful also.

Hanging in a tree is not an option in the North east.

I took anything that creates odors in my shed and will be trying whole plant hanging, a first for me. The temps here in Ny are dropping into the mid 70’s this week. But humidity today is 97. I might need to buy a big dehumidifier today. My stuff hanging inside is sitting in 63-65% humidity, even with ac on and set to dry cycle. Temp is 60-70 degrees. Worried about mold!

3cats

3cats

I appreciate all the advice!
I’m not new to growing and have dried and cured small amounts every 75 days indoors with clones. About 1.5 lbs per cycle under hps.
This year I have approximately 10-15 lbs and ran out of room. There’s no where to put a tent, it would have to be big. Rental size. Lol. There’s only my shed left. I guess a good problem to have. But stressful also.

Hanging in a tree is not an option in the North east.

I took anything that creates odors in my shed and will be trying whole plant hanging, a first for me. The temps here in Ny are dropping into the mid 70’s this week. But humidity today is 97. I might need to buy a big dehumidifier today. My stuff hanging inside is sitting in 63-65% humidity, even with ac on and set to dry cycle. Temp is 60-70 degrees. Worried about mold!
Just keep air moving where ever you decide to dry., not directly on your plants but an input air and an exhaust with a small osculating fan moving air in the space. No dead air spaces as long as you keep good air moving mould shouldn't be a problem

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Just keep air moving where ever you decide to dry., not directly on your plants but an input air and an exhaust with a small osculating fan moving air in the space. No dead air spaces as long as you keep good air moving mould shouldn't be a problem
Appreciate that! I’m trying to move things around to put as much as I can inside. I’m thinking my bedroom will just need to be converted for a week or so. Wife says she’d go to her sisters for a few days. Now there’s a bonus. Nah- best wife a man could get!!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Appreciate that! I’m trying to move things around to put as much as I can inside. I’m thinking my bedroom will just need to be converted for a week or so. Wife says she’d go to her sisters for a few days. Now there’s a bonus. Nah- best wife a man could get!!
For our recent few harvests, I moved the drying tent to our dining room.

Did anyone mention drying the plants one at a time? I do that. I also like to let some plants flower longer. Most grows, I can only get one plant's worth of buds in my drying tent at a time. The longest it takes to dry is about 5 days. It's nice not to have to trim them all at the same time, too.

3cats

3cats

For our recent few harvests, I moved the drying tent to our dining room.

Did anyone mention drying the plants one at a time? I do that. I also like to let some plants flower longer. Most grows, I can only get one plant's worth of buds in my drying tent at a time. The longest it takes to dry is about 5 days. It's nice not to have to trim them all at the same time, too.
I usually pull one whole and let it stand on a small table where I can hand pluck the big leaves then trim up the smaller ones. them hang whole. Then pull another and add to my drying space and so on so the last of them get a few more days. It should take 10-12 days to dry. 5 days is too fast and the pot is a harsher smoke. I know I just dried one this summer in 5 days and its going to coco nut oil. & Or MCT oil

My practice isn't recommended because I keep changing the RH in my dry space with fresh herb added daily keeping my RH to high I want 62% 75% scares me

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@3cats Ah, well, drying time surely depends on the size of the plant and other things, like how it's cut. We just dried some in five days a few weeks ago. We use a tent with temperature and humidity controllers. It's almost like a grow tent, except there's no light in it. Instead, there's a round drying rack from AC Infinity. The bud is in curing jars now. Tests are favorable.

I think the main problem with a short drying time is that the buds might not dry evenly. That often happens if the drying temperature is too high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom