Need some help! Nutrient deficiency?

• Thread starter Chestervillegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chestervillegrower

Hey Folks,
I find my plants are going a little off Color. More of a lime green then a dark green. Leaves are starting to yellow on some of the edges. I’ve been been feeding them about twice a week with sensi coco grow. I’m wondering if it’s a nitrogen deficiency? Your thoughts? Thanks in advance
Need some help nutrient deficiency

Need some help nutrient deficiency 2
Need some help nutrient deficiency 3
Need some help nutrient deficiency 4
Need some help nutrient deficiency 5
Need some help nutrient deficiency 6
2Bad

2Bad

Looks like light/heat stress . Need to get a shade cloth setup. I only grow food outdoors maybe someone else that grows cannabis out will chime in too.

C

Chestervillegrower

Looks like light/heat stress . Need to get a shade cloth setup. I only grow food outdoors maybe someone else that grows cannabis out will chime in too.
I can’t imagine it being heat stress. It hasn’t been that hot.

steamroller

steamroller

My girls are in a plastic greenhouse and some have leaves that do or did look similar. It is heat and light stress for me I think.
If you are full sun and, in the heat wave the plant needs more of everything to process all it is being offered.
No clue about using coco ferts in soil though.
My GH is 100f with cover today. It is supposed to be hotter tomorrow...
When leaves taco they are trying to hide from the light/sun.
DSC 0129

^^ here you see my healthy plant hiding from a long day.^^

2Bad

2Bad

My girls are in a plastic greenhouse and some have leaves that do or did look similar. It is heat and light stress for me I think.
If you are full sun and, in the heat wave the plant needs more of everything to process all it is being offered.
View attachment 1267742
Beautiful plants Steam! Do you track your humidity steam? indoor those curled leaves I usually say its low humidity but maybe different outdoor?

steamroller

steamroller

Thanks man.
The humidity has been oppressive 3 out of 7 days for the last 3 weeks here. Along with pretty high temps. Problematic for my autos trying to finish.
I am sure the temp gauge has RH on it but since I can control neither I can't say I have even looked. Honestly, I am surprised at the plant's resilience.
When you think you can or have control over mother nature, she will surely make a fool of you.
This may really be the stress they respond to. I just fed pretty heavy today since the heat will go on, and on it seems.
In the room with control, it is totally different.

2Bad

2Bad

Thanks man.
The humidity has been oppressive 3 out of 7 days for the last 3 weeks here. Along with pretty high temps. Problematic for my autos trying to finish.
I am sure the temp gauge has RH on it but since I can control neither I can't say I have even looked. Honestly, I am surprised at the plant's resilience.
When you think you can or have control over mother nature, she will surely make a fool of you.
This may really be the stress they respond to. I just fed pretty heavy today since the heat will go on, and on it seems.
In the room with control, it is totally different.
It seems like you got it down though. They look healthy !

C

Chestervillegrower

View attachment 1267742
We haven’t had a day over 100. Summer average here is 83. Today was 85.

OutdoorGrowGuy

OutdoorGrowGuy

@Chestervillegrower

Twice a week maybe too often, or too much for nutrients, if it's growing in the ground.
When has it been getting plain water?

What are your nights like, are they generally on the cooler side?
My own climate is warm or hot during the day, but often cold during the night.
It's not uncommon for me to see yellow tops in the morning, but clears up later in the day.
Especially if it's just rained, or soils been watered the day before.

When you planted did you amend the soil some?
Dolomite lime, organic matter, aeration / drainage?

I don't think there's much wrong at all myself.
I'd be careful I wasn't overdoing the fertilizer, because there's no flushing it out if you do.
Watch you're not watering too often and leaving the soil beneath soggy all the time.

Outdoors, in the ground, I'm a big believer of soil fertility being more necessary and more effective at resolving problems, or keeping plants healthy, than nutrients.
It's a decent sized plant and looks to have been planted where it is for a little while.

So if you're quite certain you aren't over doing the nutrient and nights have been on the cooler side, I'd suggest adding some fertility to that bed.
Some cow manure spread around, dust the top with dolomite lime, add an inch or two of light mulch or straw.
That's how I'd go about it myself. Looks like just what it needs to me.

Give it a couple weeks to break down some, only giving it plain water.
Then you can absolutely continue supplementing them the nutrient you've been giving, when you reckon they need it.

That's my 2cents mate.
Hope it's of some help. Plant honestly looks pretty fine.

steamroller

steamroller

Only time I have treated was last grow[Mar/April] for thrips in the room. Still don't know how they arrived but got rid of them first attempt. Spinosad and a 1 gallon pump up sprayer took care of them.
I use BTI also since I am in soil with yellow sticky traps ,but most everything that way is under control.
Outdoors I have SNS209 recommended by @Heywood ,but fortunately have not needed to use it .
My understanding is that the SNS209 is natural and works on many pest.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom