• She’ll pull through

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • She’s as goner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Waxwingz

Waxwingz

Hey everyone.

Okay, so this is my second grow, the first one turned out to be a total sausage party, but I moved on. Still very new and trying to learn as I go. I’m growing out of a 2x4 tent running a MH Sp250. Tent environment seems to be within the acceptable ranges. I do try and ph my water to the optimal levels, but I’m still learning. This run is silver haze auto (mistake for my newbie-ness)

Okay, so I have attached some pics. I’m having some serious deficiency issues and need some advice. The problem is persisting. I did a flush a week or two ago, and have been using lighter than normal nutes due to them being auto flowers. Any advice would really be cool!

Thanks all!!

Need some help please
Need some help please 2
Need some help please 3
Need some help please 4
Need some help please 5
Need some help please 6
Need some help please 7
Need some help please 8
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

u flushed

they're deficient

look into mobile nutes

what's ur ppm/ec

need to up it

calmag often is required during transition

we need ur medium

climate factors

feed

ppm/ph, etc

I'm in aero

we have better suited help

they'll b here

welcome to the shitshow

Waxwingz

Waxwingz

Im growing in some crappy store bought organic soil, Kellogg’s or something. My normal grow shop was down because of the virus, so I got what I could at the time.

I’ve only tested my ph, as I don’t fully understand reading and understanding ppm.

honestly I think a lot of my problems have been the soil, which seems to run hot. And the fact that I was told to keep autos in the same size pot the whole run, which led me to under watering, the roots grew faster, bigger and earlier than I’m used too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A good wet dry cycle is important. Don't be afraid to underwater them till you get the hang of it. The soil should be light almost like when you first bought it. Like a styrofoam pot. Many new growers think it's supposed to stay wet but not the case.

I kinda feel like it's a watering issue to me it looks maybe over watered now. Under watered in a hot mix will usually show some signs of tox and the whole plant will droop like it's dying.

Over watering the leafs will droop but not so much the petioles (stem to the leaf) believe me you will know when you under water but they usually bounce back fast unlike over watering.

When you over water it's not to much water it's watering to often. This causes a lack of o2 in the rootzone and the plants slow/stop transpiring. In turn they are not taking up nutrients.

Now you damaged leaves will not get better and the WILL get worse. Let it dry out and pay attention to new growth only.

Waxwingz

Waxwingz

Okay cool, thanks.

I’ve been trying to water correctly. Only when the pots feel much lighter; now that they are flowering, that seems to be every other day. A few weeks ago it seemed like lockout. Phosphorus deficiency maybe, with copper color spots and such.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay cool, thanks.

I’ve been trying to water correctly. Only when the pots feel much lighter; now that they are flowering, that seems to be every other day. A few weeks ago it seemed like lockout. Phosphorus deficiency maybe, with copper color spots and such.
Usually I say this in veg. If you let them dry to wilt you will learn when to water much faster and save yourself some headaches down the road. I mean we don't wanna do that in flower but I think it still might be better in the end of you did. After you have the watering down then can look to see what nutrient needs might be. But you can't really do that until the watering is correct because it affects nutrient uptake.

Waxwingz

Waxwingz

So I’ll let it dry out a bit and then water with ph water. I’m still trying to understand watering as silly as that sounds.

so when I water, I water till runoff. How much runoff do I need to see? It usually almost fills up the tray under the plants.

thanks for the advice, it’s crazy how it seems like the simple stuff is what’s messing me up

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Im growing in some crappy store bought organic soil, Kellogg’s or something. My normal grow shop was down because of the virus, so I got what I could at the time.

I’ve only tested my ph, as I don’t fully understand reading and understanding ppm.

honestly I think a lot of my problems have been the soil, which seems to run hot. And the fact that I was told to keep autos in the same size pot the whole run, which led me to under watering, the roots grew faster, bigger and earlier than I’m used too.
I've no love for them

preaching to choir

best of luck 😁

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Okay cool, thanks.

ph os important

can lock us out

ur gonna need to retain this

aqua?

soil?

q good meter helps

here

u can c the range

that locks out

they should always b drinkin

if the ppm (amt of fert) doesn't flux

we know something iszup

if they don't drink

we know....

Screenshot 20200624 190137 Chrome
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

So I’ll let it dry out a bit and then water with ph water. I’m still trying to understand watering as silly as that sounds.

so when I water, I water till runoff. How much runoff do I need to see? It usually almost fills up the tray under the plants.

thanks for the advice, it’s crazy how it seems like the simple stuff is what’s messing me up
20% run off

what's by ur hand r adjustments

bufferz

the runoff

tellz ur secrets

collect n measure

easier to learn

than reading tea leaves

actually

judges

?

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

judging by the chart

only

i like 6.5 for u

varies by medium

u tell aquaman n nick

ur strain

they may have valuable insight

if u didn't already

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

ph os important

can lock us out

ur gonna need to retain this

aqua?

soil?

q good meter helps

here

u can c the range

that locks out

they should always b drinkin

if the ppm (amt of fert) doesn't flux

we know something iszup

if they don't drink

we know....

Useful chart!!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey wax , a very important ingredient for the next run is going to be " perlite" you need to lighten up your soil considerably to promote good drainage , I know it's too late in the game now , but make sure to add 20% next run ....
Wet medium that doesn't drain can result in loads of avoidable problems .....

Also , you have to get your containers raised up out of those saucers you are using to catch drain water " wet feet " muddy bottom soil and poor drainage = huge problems

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

A good wet dry cycle is important. Don't be afraid to underwater them till you get the hang of it. The soil should be light almost like when you first bought it. Like a styrofoam pot. Many new growers think it's supposed to stay wet but not the case.

I kinda feel like it's a watering issue to me it looks maybe over watered now. Under watered in a hot mix will usually show some signs of tox and the whole plant will droop like it's dying.

Over watering the leafs will droop but not so much the petioles (stem to the leaf) believe me you will know when you under water but they usually bounce back fast unlike over watering.

When you over water it's not to much water it's watering to often. This causes a lack of o2 in the rootzone and the plants slow/stop transpiring. In turn they are not taking up nutrients.

Now you damaged leaves will not get better and the WILL get worse. Let it dry out and pay attention to new growth only.
I totally agree. Over watering is a bitch. I’ve done it. The styrofoam pot is the best analogy ive ever heard.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo organic needs just a little runoff since we aren't needing to flush anything from the media. If you are adding inorganic nutrients then I would say 10-20% runoff is good.

Water to saturate the entire media. Then let it dry out well.... Even if you have to let them wilt to learn. It's probably one of the most valuable lessons you can learn.

Waxwingz

Waxwingz

Thanks all! Going to take all this into consideration. Hopefully these girls will make it through flowering.

My next run will definitely be photoperiod, I didn’t have enough time to be a newbie with these haze autos lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks all! Going to take all this into consideration. Hopefully these girls will make it through flowering.

My next run will definitely be photoperiod, I didn’t have enough time to be a newbie with these haze autos lol
Hey man we all have to start somewhere if there is one lesson you wanna walk away from a first grow with... It's how to water properly. This grow is all about the learn man... Trial by 🔥

Top Bottom