need some help ,,powdery mildew and lemon juice

• Thread starter bannana man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
sulfer burner You will never worry about pm again. zone and pen work very well but not as good as the burner

B

bannana man

I also used cirusfresh and it works really fast but makes sure you fund all the mildew spots.
ok this is the ingredents in citro fresh ,,,
Ingredient CAS number
Water (demineralised) 7732-18-5
Citrofresh Concentrate
Sodium metasilicate 6834-92-0
Sodium carbonate

sodium matasilicate dont sound good at all ,,,how were you plants after have you smoked them yet mate ? did you spray on buds?

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

ok this is the ingredents in citro fresh ,,,
Ingredient CAS number
Water (demineralised) 7732-18-5
Citrofresh Concentrate
Sodium metasilicate 6834-92-0
Sodium carbonate

sodium matasilicate dont sound good at all ,,,how were you plants after have you smoked them yet mate ? did you spray on buds?

The buds smoked fine, i did not taste a bit of the citrofresh in it at all. Make sure you dont drench the plant in the spray, i used my fingers and applied it to the areas needed only.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Citrofresh

CITROFESH

THE WORLD'S ONLY 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC DISINFECTANT!!
IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY THEN USE CITROFRESH.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE USING HARSH TOXIC CHEMICALS, THEN USE CITROFRESH.

NO ODOUR

NO COLOUR

CAN BE USED FOR GENERAL HOUSEHOLD CLEANING

CAN BE USED FOR PEST CONTROL AND CLEANLINESS FOR INDOOR GARDENING

Citrofresh is a unique organic compound used in the medical, hospitality, and food industries as the only non-toxic, chemical free, 100% organic disinfectant available in the world. Citrofresh kills bacteria, mould, mildew and fungi.

In an enclosed area such as a greenhouse or growing room, Citrofresh is in a league of it's own. Offering total control against moulds & fungi. Outdoors, the dual effect of destroying pathogens and barrier control means that you now have a spray that really works.

The natural organic ingredients in Citrofresh, are made from plant extracts and not chemicals. They are formulated to combine with the plant, creating a powerful, long lasting, anti-microbial effect. There are no side effects or safety problems associated with the use of Citrofresh.

Now you don't even have to know pathogen names, just aim Citrofresh and kill them!

Citrofresh is certified "Organic" by NASAA in Australia, ANZFA in New Zealand, FDA and USDA in the USA. Citrofresh is strong enough to pass the stringent requirements of all regulatory bodies, yet is gentle enough to apply to African Violets.

First Response Last Resort

Irrespective of your plant's problem, your first response should be to spray it with Citrofresh. Your problem may be as simple as an insect attack on the root system, or heavy attack from pathogen bacteria. Identifying the specific type of insect or pathogen and selecting the appropriate remedy is now unnecessary. Pathogens, as well as bugs and insects, do not have to be individually identified! If you need a microscope to see it, Citrofresh will destroy it.

Because Citrofresh eliminates your pathogen load on contact, nutrients coming up from the roots will feed pathogen free leaves. This will give your plants an immediate boost without placing any stress on the plant's metabolism.

If your plants are overly infected with insects and you don't feel they will survive treatment by a pesticide/insecticide. You should apply Citrofresh first and then allow your plants the time they need to recover before spraying with an insecticide.

Even when you think the plant has gone past the point of recovery, try Citrofresh as a last resort. Because it produces no negative reaction with plants and does not put any pressures on the plant root system, Citrofresh goes far beyond the limits of previously used chemical alternatives!

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

CITROFESH

THE WORLD'S ONLY 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC DISINFECTANT!!
IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF YOUR FAMILY THEN USE CITROFRESH.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE USING HARSH TOXIC CHEMICALS, THEN USE CITROFRESH.

NO ODOUR

NO COLOUR

CAN BE USED FOR GENERAL HOUSEHOLD CLEANING

CAN BE USED FOR PEST CONTROL AND CLEANLINESS FOR INDOOR GARDENING

Citrofresh is a unique organic compound used in the medical, hospitality, and food industries as the only non-toxic, chemical free, 100% organic disinfectant available in the world. Citrofresh kills bacteria, mould, mildew and fungi.

In an enclosed area such as a greenhouse or growing room, Citrofresh is in a league of it's own. Offering total control against moulds & fungi. Outdoors, the dual effect of destroying pathogens and barrier control means that you now have a spray that really works.

The natural organic ingredients in Citrofresh, are made from plant extracts and not chemicals. They are formulated to combine with the plant, creating a powerful, long lasting, anti-microbial effect. There are no side effects or safety problems associated with the use of Citrofresh.

Now you don't even have to know pathogen names, just aim Citrofresh and kill them!

Citrofresh is certified "Organic" by NASAA in Australia, ANZFA in New Zealand, FDA and USDA in the USA. Citrofresh is strong enough to pass the stringent requirements of all regulatory bodies, yet is gentle enough to apply to African Violets.

Irrespective of your plant's problem, your first response should be to spray it with Citrofresh. Your problem may be as simple as an insect attack on the root system, or heavy attack from pathogen bacteria. Identifying the specific type of insect or pathogen and selecting the appropriate remedy is now unnecessary. Pathogens, as well as bugs and insects, do not have to be individually identified! If you need a microscope to see it, Citrofresh will destroy it.

Because Citrofresh eliminates your pathogen load on contact, nutrients coming up from the roots will feed pathogen free leaves. This will give your plants an immediate boost without placing any stress on the plant's metabolism.

If your plants are overly infected with insects and you don't feel they will survive treatment by a pesticide/insecticide. You should apply Citrofresh first and then allow your plants the time they need to recover before spraying with an insecticide.

Even when you think the plant has gone past the point of recovery, try Citrofresh as a last resort. Because it produces no negative reaction with plants and does not put any pressures on the plant root system, Citrofresh goes far beyond the limits of previously used chemical alternatives!

I am sold on citrofresh!

product-all.jpg
Citrofresh® is a unique, versatile, biocide technology that can be used in a range of applications. It is currently available in a suite of proprietary products such as Citrofresh Hospital Grade Disinfectant, San-E-Foam, Derm-E-San, Citrofresh Sanitiser, Croplife, Invigorator and Feed Additive. Citrofresh® products are certified organic and are non toxic, non allergenic, non hazardous and 99.99% biodegradable. Citrofresh® offers a natural and safe solution to cleaning, sanitization and preservation.
In the food industry Citrofresh® products are used in food processing to provide a safe and environmentally responsible cleaning and sanitation system. The bactericidal strength of Citrofresh® products are effective in reducing food contamination with post harvest washes and cleaners and sanitisers for use throughout the food processing sector. Citrofresh® is non carcinogenic and non allergenic. Its food safe compliance requires no with-holding period post application or contact with food products.
In the agriculture industry Citrofresh® has developed an organic plant and animal health management system by combining the biocidal capability of the product with a nutrient synergist, designed to aid plant/crop/animal health through improved nutrition. Well nourished crops and animals produce increased yields. The benefits improving plant nutrition using Citrofresh products are a reduction in the number of fertilisers required and the output of higher grade of produce.
In the healthcare industry Citrofresh® products offer a natural alternative for non toxic and effective cleaning and disinfection. A number of new applications incorporating the biocidal and preservative qualities of Citrofresh are in development targeted in the personal hygiene and

health area.

Insecticides, FungicidesPrintable Version
Click over image to enlarge Citrofresh 750 ml Trigger

Price: $20.00

Order
Quantity:​
Browse more in Insecticides, Fungicides category

Description
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]CITROFRESH 1 LTR
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]ORGANIC SANITISER
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Citrofresh is a unique organic compound used in the medical, hospitality, and food industries as the only non-toxic, chemical free, 100% organic disinfectant available in the world. Citrofresh kills bacteria, mould, mildew and fungi.
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In an enclosed area such as a greenhouse or growing room, Citrofresh is in a league of its own. Offering total control against moulds & fungi. Outdoors, the dual effect of destroying pathogens and barrier control means that you now have a spray that really works.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The natural organic ingredients in Citrofresh are made from plant extracts and not chemicals. They are formulated to combine with the plant, creating a powerful, long lasting, anti-microbial effect. There are no side effects or safety problems associated with the use of Citrofresh.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Irrespective of your plant's problem, your first response should be to spray it with Citrofresh. Your problem may be as simple as an insect attack on the root system, or heavy attack from pathogen bacteria. Identifying the specific type of insect or pathogen and selecting the appropriate remedy is now unnecessary. Pathogens, as well as bugs and insects, do not have to be individually identified! If you need a microscope to see it, Citrofresh will destroy it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Because Citrofresh eliminates your pathogen load on contact, nutrients coming up from the roots will feed pathogen free leaves. This will give your plants an immediate boost without placing any stress on the plant's metabolism.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If your plants are overly infected with insects and you don't feel they will survive treatment by a pesticide/insecticide. You should apply Citrofresh first and then allow your plants the time they need to recover before spraying with an insecticide.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Even when you think the plant has gone past the point of recovery, try Citrofresh as a last resort. Because it produces no negative reaction with plants and does not put any pressures on the plant root system, Citrofresh goes far beyond the limits of previously used chemical alternatives!
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]APPLICATION
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Spray directly on mould, mildew or bacteria, on beds, growing media, benches, support structures, floors and surrounding areas. Spray whole or part of plant above and below leaves.
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Note: When roots are contacted, use a plant stimulant, not food to reinvigorate plant.[/FONT]​
[/FONT]

B

bannana man

its sounds like good stuff mate ,its just that one chemical sounded bad ,is this the same stuff you on about ,this is the 5 lite bottle dont say jack shit on the bottle ,,,
what company makes the one you use?

DSC 0340
DSC 0341
DSC 0342
jah_hoover

jah_hoover

its sounds like good stuff mate ,its just that one chemical sounded bad ,is this the same stuff you on about ,this is the 5 lite bottle dont say jack shit on the bottle ,,,
what company makes the one you use?

yep thats the stuff bruv:)

Hopefully you will able to save your crop bro

give us a shout for the smoke out lol:)

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
i had the mildew bad , the ozone did squat , even at leathel levels , may be it gets the stuff floating in the air , but the stuff on the leaves did not go ,

but this citricfresh has worked a treat ... been using it for years , very good for propagators and stuff like that ,

any one find it cheep , i thnik this retails at 55 for the concentrate , to much money gets added one when buying from grow shops , this must be used in every day stuff ...
i would like the wife to clean with it , but not for that price lol

H

hazyfontazy

citrofresh

a catering supply company should sell it ,,,in all fairness its basically the same as spraying with lemon juice ,its the acidity thats doing the work,,,i use it if i see a tiny spot of pm but then i treat the whole plant with zone or systhane +penetrator to totally wipe it ,,please remember its internal ,the spores are just the babies ,,i'm currently clean :whew

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

i had the mildew bad , the ozone did squat , even at leathel levels , may be it gets the stuff floating in the air , but the stuff on the leaves did not go ,

but this citricfresh has worked a treat ... been using it for years , very good for propagators and stuff like that ,

any one find it cheep , i thnik this retails at 55 for the concentrate , to much money gets added one when buying from grow shops , this must be used in every day stuff ...
i would like the wife to clean with it , but not for that price lol

yeah bro, its exspensive stuff but it does the job. I think i pay £10 per Litre at my growshop, if anyone knows a place that sells it cheaper? would be gr8

H

hazyfontazy

the ph of citrofresh is 2.5 ,,might be why it works ,,the websites quite interesting

I

ineffable420

You can also use arm and hammer baking soda to eradicate mold. You can sprinkle it on the dirt and also mix a small amount with H²O to spray. It has a pH of 7 so soil growers are safe, just flush after a while to get rid of salt build up.

I

ineffable420

If there is mold NOT on the plants, you can use hydrated lime which kills fungus on CONTACT! you can sprinkle some on the floor too.

Also heard about milk water, never used that yet though...

G

grizz

OK experts I recently started using a ezycloner, Im now getting a white powdery stuff starting on lower stem and going upward untill it covers intire cut , leaves look burnt with almost black edges. now its spread to most of the cuts, even rooted ones, Is this PM?

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you using a foliar spray on them Grizz?

D

Daddy-O

F#*!king PM

Thanks for this thread.
I'm down to the last 2-3 weeks on a couple 3x6 tables. The PM has been a problem all along. I've consistently used a baking soda spray without success. It is interesting what you say about light/ dark humidity variations being a contributing factor. I've fought those exact problems. I also thought more aggressive ventilation would help. All that seemed to do is dry the foliage on a few of the plants to the point of looking a little toasted (and not in a good way). I am working two 3x6 tables with three 1k's on a traveling rail above. One is a frisky homogeneous group of 15 Cheesels. The other is a zoo of diversity. Some look totally unaffected in the zoo, but all else just seemed to really be blooming this morning. After reading some helpful (hopefully) comments I've dipped em all in Zone/Penetrator today. Tonight they already look better.
I was freaked with such a major outbreak with only a couple weeks to go. I'll report the results as they unfold. It's been a struggle...wish me luck.
Thxs all.

C

CrippledCrow

Got Mildew? Get Milk!

Got Mildew? Get Milk!

By: Arzeena Hamir

Less than 3 years ago, researchers in South America discovered a new alternative to controlling powdery mildew. Wagner Bettiol, a scientist from Brazil, found that weekly sprays of milk controlled powdery mildew in zucchini just as effectively as synthetic fungicides such as fenarimol or benomyl. Not only was milk found to be effective at controlling the disease, it also acted as a foliar fertilizer, boosting the plant's immune system.

Powdery mildew in the cucurbit family is caused by the organism Sphaerotheca fuliginea. It is a serious disease that occurs worldwide. For decades, organic gardeners had to rely on making a spray from baking soda to control the disease. Now, instead of measuring out the baking soda and combining it with a surfactant (a "sticking" substance) of either oil or soap, gardeners need only head for their refrigerators.

In his experiments with zucchini plants, Bettiol found that a weekly spray of milk at a concentration of at least 10% (1 part milk to 9 parts water) significantly reduced the severity of powdery mildew infection on the plants by 90%. While some gardeners may be tempted to increase the concentration of milk for more control, Bettiol found that once concentrations rose above 30%, an innoccuous fungus began to grow on the plants.

How does milk control powdery mildew?

Scientist aren't 100% sure how milk works to control this disease. It seems that milk is a natural germicide. In addition, it contains several naturally occurring salts and amino acids that are taken up by the plant. From previous experiments using sodium bicarbonate, potassium phosphate, and other salts, researchers have found that the disease is sensitive to these salts. It is possible then, that milk boosts the plant's immune system to prevent the disease.

Milk used around the world

The benefits of using milk to control powdery mildew haven't been isolated to Brazil. Melon growers in New Zealand are saving thousands of dollars every year by spraying their crops with milk instead of synthetic fungicides. The melon growers in New Zealand have been so successful that the wine industry is taking notice and beginning experiments using milk to control powdery mildew in grapes.

What kind of milk should be used?

In Bettiol's original experiment, fresh milk was used, straight from the cow. However, this is obviously not feasible to most home gardeners. The research work in New Zealand actually found that using skim milk was just as effective. Not only was it cheaper, but the fact that the milk had no fat content meant that there was less chance of any odours.

Wagner Bettiol's original article was published in the journal Crop Science (Vol. 18, 1999, pp. 489-92). It can be found on-line at:

© Copyright Arzeena Hamir
Arzeena is an agronomist and garden writer with Organic Living Newsletter.

G

grizz

Are you using a foliar spray on them Grizz?
no not at all, tried some weak concentrated lemon juce and water last night until I can find some citro fresh. also might try a little milk tonight, Im not so sure it isent a hard water issiue, not sure but want to be safe.

N

Nuglover

Sounds strange but milk works well for mildew...1 part milk, 5 parts water. Stops it from spreading.High temps(over90f) work well too if your plants can take it.

Top Bottom