Need some help. Still struggling in coco.

• Thread starter Kylle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kylle

Hello! I'm Kyle, I've been growing indoors in soil for around 10 years. I wanted to switch to coco to set up an automated system. It hasn't been going well. This has been my feed schedule. All mixes are too distilled water.
Jan2

4ml heavy 16A

4ml heavy 16B

4ml Zen cal mag

pH of 6.0, EC of 1.3.

Jan4 at this point I had a zinc def, and nitrogen toxicity.

Changed to GH flora 3 part system. Mix ratio per gallon as follows.
3ml flora micro

3.5ml flora grow

3.5ml flora bloom

.5 ml myco chum

Nutrient solution EC 1.2. Ph 5.9 runoff 1.2 pH 5.9

Still had twisted new growth so I lowered a lil more.

JAN 9 allot of improvement, slight burn on tips, just yellowing, dropped 1.5 ml per gallon of flora trio. Added to 1 gal distilled water.

2ml micro flora. Old 26 18 34

2ml grow. New 17.5. 12. 31.5

2ml bloom

3.5 ml myco chum

1 tribus original.

I had to add more myco chum to get EC up to .8 any time I get up near that 1.1 1.2 mark I get twisted dark, clawing leafs. Here's some picture, tell me what y'all think please. I would really love some input, I'm not doing the best with Coco, I really want to do both but I wanna get dialed in first.

K

Kylle

When they're smaller they are from the 4th, the 9th when they are larger, everything is good with my enviroment. I'm gonna post a video also. I'm in cultivation nation coco.

IMG 20220109 202458391 HDR
IMG 20220109 202453663 HDR
IMG 20220109 202449409 HDR
IMG 20220109 202503913 HDR
IMG 20220109 202508140 HDR
IMG 20220109 202503200 HDR
IMG 20220107 125342077 HDR
IMG 20220107 125344905 HDR
IMG 20220107 125347744 HDR
K

Kylle

Here's a video. The two auto I started look much better from the start. I'm gonna keep a good log on them and share them with ya, good or bad, don't laph at me.

DanC520

DanC520

I use the trio in a dtw coco set up. Some auto, some by hand. I use base trio schedule from growweedeasy and then modify for extra stuff I put in.

Maybe I missed the question, but what’s your issue at the moment? I’ll say they look a smidge overwatered to me, but that could be the strain. Also, I generally fill my pots most of the way. Looks like you got quiet the lip going in some of those.

K

Kylle

Yeah I was looking at that empty space the other day. They got some serious twisted growth, they just look short and too bushy still. I was wondering if I got anything else other then the N overdose going on, I'm thinking bout starting over. I was hoping y'all would see something I didn't lol. I might run a couple in soil for self esteem reasons 😂

Solarscar

Solarscar

They look overwatered and possibly too much nitrogen. New growth is light green that eventually fills in fairly quick. I don’t think you need to start over. Just plain water when it’s dry, wait for them to dry again and see if your growth tips look better before feeding.

DanC520

DanC520

Yeah I was looking at that empty space the other day. They got some serious twisted growth, they just look short and too bushy still. I was wondering if I got anything else other then the N overdose going on, I'm thinking bout starting over.
If photos, I’d see how things play out. They can recover rather remarkably. If autos, I’d let them get into stretch before culling. If herm or extremely stunted, I could see starting over. But still might be ok. You see way more “glad I kept her” posts than not when comes to funky ladies. Only boy parts make me say no mas.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Imma try something new and post in the coco thread lol..

Id say one of three things. Overfeeding most likely. Yet it could be high humidity or low room temps. What's yours? I'd say if it were over watered there would be a puddle at the bottom right? Isn't it near impossible to overwater coco/perlite? Guess it depends how much perlite is in there. What's your ratios?

Solarscar

Solarscar

I agree that coco would be hard to overwater unless you watered excessively, like every 16 hours give or take. Definitely don’t want roots sitting in stagnant water with nutes or plain water for that matter. It does seem like nitrogen excess but not bad. They will recover 💯 they look good IMO 🥳

DanC520

DanC520

I agree that coco would be hard to overwater unless you watered excessively, like every 16 hours give or take. Definitely don’t want roots sitting in stagnant water with nutes or plain water for that matter. It does seem like nitrogen excess but not bad. They will recover 💯 they look good IMO 🥳
Every 16 hours excessive? Not sure if typo. outside of first 2-3 weeks of veg, mine get fed much more than that.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Hey bud can you give us more details?

how often are you feeding/watering? Have you tried RO instead of distilled?

What are your temps and humidity? Lights on and lights off.

What light you using? How far away and how intense?

We can get you untangled.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

And what is your coco to perlite ratio if you mixed? I found 30% worked well for a quick dry back.

mjab702

mjab702

They look overwatered to me. I water by weight in coco, seems to work good

Latest posts

Top Bottom