NEED SOME HELP, VERY FIRST OUTDOOR GROW

• Thread starter Grower811
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grower811

I live in Long Island ny and am brand new to growing outdoors. After I germinate my seeds, I’m planting them into pots, then I’ll be planting them outside in a few weeks after that. Is there anything I have to do to my soil, should I add anything into it when planting in the ground? What kind of fertilizer should I use during vegetation and what ones for blooming? I’m only planning on growing 6 plants. Can anyone recommend any good strains for growing outdoor and where I can buy the seeds?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Is there anything I have to do to my soil, should I add anything into it when planting in the ground?
Has anything been grown in that soil previously? If not, I'd turn it well.

What kind of fertilizer should I use during vegetation and what ones for blooming?
How fertile is the soil? Do things grow well there? My guess is fertilizers like GGAP (4-4-4) & GGPB (2-8-4) would work well.

I’m only planning on growing 6 plants. Can anyone recommend any good strains for growing outdoor and where I can buy the seeds?
I shop for seeds at Seed Supreme and Royal Queen Seeds. I suggest using the filters on those sites.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Your going to want to find a strain that that has a shorter flowering time. Anything that says 9 or more weeks stay away from. I had great plants last year but had to Chop early due to a lot of moisture in October. They should start flowering around mid august(if photos). I’m trying autos outdoor this year to help with that. Also try to find something mold/mildew resistant. It takes time to do the research but you’ll be happier in the end. As for nutrients give Gaia green a try. 4-4-4 for veg and 2-8-4 for flower. You can do a mix of both around mid August then go to just 2-8-4 on the next two feedings. As mentioned above if it’s just regular grassy ground you’re putting it in and not a garden of some sort definitely till it up a little and add the Gaia 4-4-4 when you till. Biggest thing to learn is to water properly. Let the soil dry out almost completely before watering again. Much easier to come back from under watering than over watering. Good luck and start a journal it’s easier if any problems arise. You can go back and see exactly what you did and when you did it. Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom