Need some help. Week 6 of 12/12 and verry Underdeveloped

• Thread starter mmmhmmm2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mmmhmmm2010

Thought I was starting to get the hang of this whole thing and now I have a issue. Maybe someone has experienced already. Or could help me out a little with. I'm in week 6 of the 12/12 light cycle. And these plants look underdeveloped to me. Theyre just not budding. Growing super tall instead of fat buds. I've had to move them from my tent because they are getting so tall and wide. I grow what I'm lucky enough to find randomly in what I smoke. Or I'm just given seeds by friends. I have 4 going rn. One is doing fine. It just hermaphrodited on me. So i spereated it. Looks normal, growing super good, other than the banana sacks. Normal plant in my experience other than the hermie-ing. The other 3 are just growing tall. Flowering sites are there. just immature in my (verry little) 2 years of experience. Any words of wisdom? Any plant ive grown so far, Ive cut down at 8-9 weeks into flowering. They are 3 different plants. 3 seeds from 3 different weeds. I did a 70 day veg if that helps anything. Ive used the same strategy with all my plants so far and havent experienced this issue untill now. Same temp same lights. Same veg duration. All just different seeds. Just need some help. Are they genna nug up or is the growth stunted or something..? Wtf is going on here.

Plant 1: first 3 photos

Plant 2: second 3 photos

Plant 3: third 3 photos

I also added a video because the photos dont cut it. the 3rd plant has had a rough life. Struggling since day one with deficiencies and everytbing else. So dont judge it lol. And I dropped a fan on it today in the moving process. Broke a few flowering sites. Had to relocate these things from my grow tent because there growing too tall. My grow room is now a nasty garage, so don't judge my growing area man. It's not my usual spot...

Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 2
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 3
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 4
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 5
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 6
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 7
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 8
Need some help week 6 of 1212 and verry underdeveloped 9
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm thinking that you have a light pollution problem on your hands. She may be re-veging.

I'm thinking that you are opening the tent to work on your plants in it's dark time. Or there is light getting into the tent some other way.
Some how, some place there is light getting into your tent. Oops you took them out of your tent. Some place along the way a street light or a kitchen night light on is messing it's day/night schedule on you.

Move her some place absolutely dark 12 hrs a day and the best light you can give her the other 12 hrs. she will bud up for you.

Madbud

Madbud

Cold cement floor? Get some air under them. Soil should be warm 70’s, and then wait til light to water.

M

mmmhmmm2010

Cold cement floor? Get some air under them. Soil should be warm 70’s, and then wait til light to water.
I just moved them out there 3 days ago. So I don't think the floor is the issue. I will keep that in mind tho. I have a heater going set to 62 at night. Day time temp is set at 72. Im trying to purple these bitches, witch ive never done before. Ima def lift em up off thw ground tho now that you say that. Thank you for the tip. Any idea on why there not budding tho? I Mean it's week 6 n they look like they just started

M

mmmhmmm2010

What kind of light are you using? They look a little on the stretched side to me. Just to cents!
Some lights I got on Amazon. I can't remember the name rn. I'll gwt back to you when I get home on that. The lights haven't given me an issue in my past 5 or 6 batches tho. These are the first I'm dealing with like this. Same setup same tent. Same conditions. Same schedule. It's weird man. Just hope they actually nug up like they should. Maybe these ones are genna take 11 weeks idk. I've read articles where it takes up to 14 weeks for some strains. God I hope not.

M

mmmhmmm2010

I'm thinking that you have a light pollution problem on your hands. She may be re-veging.

I'm thinking that you are opening the tent to work on your plants in it's dark time. Or there is light getting into the tent some other way.
Some how, some place there is light getting into your tent. Oops you took them out of your tent. Some place along the way a street light or a kitchen night light on is messing it's day/night schedule on you.

Move her some place absolutely dark 12 hrs a day and the best light you can give her the other 12 hrs. she will bud up for you.
That could be a possible issue. I had a aquarium in that room. I've moved the plants now tho so that really may have been the cause. Heat lamp on 24-7 for the turtle. Thanks for the tips dude. How long do you think is the longest flower cycle you've heard of. I'm in week 6. Like 6 more weeks will be week 12. You think they'll swell up by then as long as I can keep the light off it for 12 hours a day. Strictly. How long is too long for the flower cycle man In your experience. Before rotting occurs from not harvesting

M

mmmhmmm2010

What kind of light are you using? They look a little on the stretched side to me. Just to cents!
I've been trying to find out what you mean by stretched. Can you clarify/break it down for me a bit dude

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Tall and thin, with a lot of distance between nodes! Like it has been stretching for the light! See it a lot when plants have been growing in shade, some greenhouses, just a general lack of adequate light! I’m no expert! And I may be out of line here! I only grow outdoors. But I have been watching indoor growers for quite some time! Maybe an indoor grower can chime in, and tell me, I’m full of shit! L O L! Just something to consider!

M

mmmhmmm2010

Tall and thin, with a lot of distance between nodes! Like it has been stretching for the light! See it a lot when plants have been growing in shade, some greenhouses, just a general lack of adequate light! I’m no expert! And I may be out of line here! I only grow outdoors. But I have been watching indoor growers for quite some time! Maybe an indoor grower can chime in, and tell me, I’m full of shit! L O L! Just something to consider!
Your good dude I take any tips I can man. Nice to talk to people that actually know a little something about it. So look Into some stronger lights is what your getting at tho?

M

mmmhmmm2010

I don’t know what a gixer is. Wait and get a few opinions!
Gixer is light on Amazon. Led light 1000 watt. I'm running 2 of them. Idk just saw good reviews and went with it. Cheap lights. Like 30 bucks a piece I can't even remember now. No issues growing until now. Idk what i did dude. Pissing me off tho. These ones are all skinny and not nugging

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That would be my guess! And it’s just a guess! Or slam the ones you have down a lot closer throughout the whole growth cycle! From seedling through flower! And re-search training! That’s a big deal for you indoor growers! Got to keep them under control! Under your thumb! Lol!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
If they say 1000 they are probably 100! If you’re growing indoors, you need good lights! That plastic sun is your ticket to a successful grow! Probably nothing more important! Now it’s time for my nappy! I am old! There’s plenty of fantastic indoor growers around here to get you on the right path! Keep plugging away!

Last edited:
A

alpha.ganjaguy

if it's that light, it's only 100 watts, the 1000W is a marketing plow/downright false advertising..

www.amazon.com/Giixer-Double-Spectr...usg=AOvVaw0z3k-KgM8c3WReHM8Zyx_k&opi=89978449

----
Were the plants mature when you started 12/12 or not yet showing sex?

the reason I ask is if they were not mature it can take longer for them to 'flip' to flower and with that, you started counting 6 weeks ago but bud sites maybe only started showing 3 weeks ago. If that is the case, you are week three not week 6. not everyone agrees but I suggest you start counting when buds start to show, it will get you much closer to breeder estimates

how long has it been since you saw buds form, not since turning on 12/12?

M

mmmhmmm2010

if it's that light, it's only 100 watts, the 1000W is a marketing plow/downright false advertising..

www.amazon.com/Giixer-Double-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Flower/dp/B07HFC7HV5&usg=AOvVaw0z3k-KgM8c3WReHM8Zyx_k&opi=89978449

----
Were the plants mature when you started 12/12 or not yet showing sex?

the reason I ask is if they were not mature it can take longer for them to 'flip' to flower and with that, you started counting 6 weeks ago but bud sites maybe only started showing 3 weeks ago. If that is the case, you are week three not week 6. not everyone agrees but I suggest you start counting when buds start to show, it will get you much closer to breeder estimates

how long has it been since you saw buds form, not since turning on 12/12?
I couldn't click the link but yea its right on Amazon. Cheap little double spectrum light. It's prolly that exact one honestly or something close to it. What lights are you running? Or what lights would you recomend using? At a fair price. N yea I never thought about that before. They look like they are right on track for being that age. They were not showing sex when I switched. Your probably right. Heck yea dude! This is why I come here. Bunch of people,that actually know what they're talking about. Thank yall bro I appreciate everything

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Thought I was starting to get the hang of this whole thing and now I have a issue. Maybe someone has experienced already. Or could help me out a little with. I'm in week 6 of the 12/12 light cycle. And these plants look underdeveloped to me. Theyre just not budding. Growing super tall instead of fat buds. I've had to move them from my tent because they are getting so tall and wide. I grow what I'm lucky enough to find randomly in what I smoke. Or I'm just given seeds by friends. I have 4 going rn. One is doing fine. It just hermaphrodited on me. So i spereated it. Looks normal, growing super good, other than the banana sacks. Normal plant in my experience other than the hermie-ing. The other 3 are just growing tall. Flowering sites are there. just immature in my (verry little) 2 years of experience. Any words of wisdom? Any plant ive grown so far, Ive cut down at 8-9 weeks into flowering. They are 3 different plants. 3 seeds from 3 different weeds. I did a 70 day veg if that helps anything. Ive used the same strategy with all my plants so far and havent experienced this issue untill now. Same temp same lights. Same veg duration. All just different seeds. Just need some help. Are they genna nug up or is the growth stunted or something..? Wtf is going on here.

Plant 1: first 3 photos

Plant 2: second 3 photos

Plant 3: third 3 photos

I also added a video because the photos dont cut it. the 3rd plant has had a rough life. Struggling since day one with deficiencies and everytbing else. So dont judge it lol. And I dropped a fan on it today in the moving process. Broke a few flowering sites. Had to relocate these things from my grow tent because there growing too tall. My grow room is now a nasty garage, so don't judge my growing area man. It's not my usual spot...

If I haven't said it before - Howdy and welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I just skimmed this post and thread really quick, but I will say this. Some sativa and sativa dominant hybrids can take up to 14 weeks of flowering time alone.

My initial thoughts are your plants look fairly healthy, so just keep at it and I'm sure you'll do fine. Pay attention to what the other guys are sayin here and try to adjust accordingly. Lots of good, knowledgeable folks here on the Farm.

I'll try to keep my eye on this and put in my 2 cents as I feel is needed. Best of luck! - 🤠

M

mmmhmmm2010

Made a new tent today using pvc and a tarp. 5x5 square. 6 ft height. And added some mylar. Super stoked about it. Just need to add a stand to get them off the concrete floor now. Superrrr stoked rn

Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

It was my first thought too. Needs more light I believe

Top Bottom