Need some help with auto feed

• Thread starter Odiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Odiesel

Odiesel

Hey everyone its a pretty basic question but i just want to make sure i have everything ordered at one time before i get it started. Currently i am wanting to get started by using the quickfill kit that FF sells for 8 plants.

Here is a look at the current parts list i am looking at from FF

Need some help with auto feed

I would probably get started using a 5 gallon rez or maybe a slim jim can. I would like to build something similar to what floraflex shows on their page with the bubbler head.

My main question is what would be needed to connect the submersible pump that comes with the kit to 3/4" PVC pipe so i can then add the ABV and valve to the bubbler.
The kit comes with 1/2" tubing that would connect to the pump my plan would be to then run the tubing into the tent through a vent hole im just not sure what adapter i would need to then get the pvc connected.

Sorry for the pretty dumb question, but would rather try and get it figured out before i order and have to go to hardware store multiple times.

Cheers, Odiesel

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If your adding 3/4 to the pump side you may want to rethink that. If the 3/4 is above the pump that will add to the head pressure reducing the effectiveness of the pump... and the pump is likely a min size for its application.

How much is this kit?

Anthem

Anthem

Hey everyone its a pretty basic question but i just want to make sure i have everything ordered at one time before i get it started. Currently i am wanting to get started by using the quickfill kit that FF sells for 8 plants.

Here is a look at the current parts list i am looking at from FF

View attachment 1100939

I would probably get started using a 5 gallon rez or maybe a slim jim can. I would like to build something similar to what floraflex shows on their page with the bubbler head.

My main question is what would be needed to connect the submersible pump that comes with the kit to 3/4" PVC pipe so i can then add the ABV and valve to the bubbler.
The kit comes with 1/2" tubing that would connect to the pump my plan would be to then run the tubing into the tent through a vent hole im just not sure what adapter i would need to then get the pvc connected.

Sorry for the pretty dumb question, but would rather try and get it figured out before i order and have to go to hardware store multiple times.

Cheers, Odiesel
Make sure and get a pump that will create the correct pressure and volume. I did some mock ups with a couple of pumps and the FF stuff you have listed. It did not go so well, even with a 1680 GPM pump I could not get enough head pressure to get the water to flow the way you need it. Hopefully someone with some good pump knowledge like @Aquaman can set you in the right direction

Odiesel

Odiesel

Thanks for the replies i might just have to go with a Ecojet r90 pump and setup micro drip instead if that the case.

Odiesel

Odiesel

From what it seems the pump given with the kit is no where near strong enough. I didnt like the idea of it just being connected to the bubbler head with the given tubing and somehow rigged up to stand on table. Seems like the pressure for each line would be hard to regulate.

My next option was to do microdrip but i didnt want to start off with that since the initial investment was a bit more and i have never tried auto feed and just wanted to get my foot in the door with the quickfill kit.

I could get the ecojet r90 with a pressure regulator which in the end would not be much more than the quickfill kit especially if i would need to get a larger pump to run the setup to begin with

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In the US? I can slap a few DIY parts together for ya if ya like

Odiesel

Odiesel

Make sure and get a pump that will create the correct pressure and volume. I did some mock ups with a couple of pumps and the FF stuff you have listed. It did not go so well, even with a 1680 GPM pump I could not get enough head pressure to get the water to flow the way you need it. Hopefully someone with some good pump knowledge like @Aquaman can set you in the right direction
Not sure how long your lines are or how high up it was running but my plan was to use a 5 gallon rez most likely then connect the few pieces of pvc only being like 5 feet long at most. Probably still not enough pump to get the job done just not sure if i want to set up the bubbler like they show here

Looks like with the base kit they just feed the tubing through the table and connect directly to bubbler. Not sure how well that will be able to evenly distribute water to each plant

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have you bought the system yet? Just need thw pump?

A diaphram pump is probably the way to go to ensure pressure and flow.

How many sites?

Odiesel

Odiesel

I have not bought the system yet but it was what i had my mind on that or either a microdrip.

I plan on having 8 sites for this run at the moment but in the future maybe 12-16 sites.

That diaphragm pump setup looks nice and would be good enough to run the Floraflex bubbler setup i was thinking of it looks like.

With the microdrip i could make a easy closed loop setup for fairly cheap that has the ability to add extra sites very simply i think the biggest investment i was looking at was really the pump.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Cost isnt that much of an issue for my setup i just want something that i can feed 8-16 sites with a reliable pressure which shouldnt be a problem with something like a pressure regulator on the line. Im just tired of hand watering and know the plants would thrive better if i was to have an auto feed setup going.

My original idea for my grow was to have plants going into flower every few weeks but that way wouldnt be best to try and have an auto feed setup due to plants at different weeks wanting diff nutes, so i just decided on choosing 8 of the clones i had and using that for my next round and just taking clones right before flower and vegging those out throughout flower.

Arwood

Arwood

@Aqua Man

do you think you could post a complete’ish setup with tubes and recommended drippers? I’m all about automation. Thank you, aqua man. Hope it’s okay I ask. You’re one of the paragons of knowledge on this site. It’s pretty awesome you share your knowledge with the community.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you!!
Ok working on it now... what kinda budget you looking at?

For 12 we need to step the pump up a bit.

Are you OK with sprayers? I found them to water much more evenly. I'll put links to everything for ya.

Arwood

Arwood

Ok working on it now... what kinda budget you looking at?

For 12 we need to step the pump up a bit.

Are you OK with sprayers? I found them to water much more evenly. I'll put links to everything for ya.

12 would be cool but realistically I’d only need like 2-4 in total.Are the directions about the same whether it’s 2 or 12?

I’m great with sprayers. I like it more than my current method.
I haven’t set a hard budget but I’m thinking between 100-200 is ideal. Especially if you do provide 12 as I can adapt the guide for my outdoor greenhouse.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

12 would be cool but realistically I’d only need like 2-4 in total.Are the directions about the same whether it’s 2 or 12?

I’m great with sprayers. I like it more than my current method.
I haven’t set a hard budget but I’m thinking between 100-200 is ideal. Especially if you do provide 12 as I can adapt the guide for my outdoor greenhouse.
Ok let me start diggin

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I know I wasn't asked but I'm that annoying guy...

I set up an auto feed cheap and easy skipping the dripper/manifold 1/4 inch tubing and using 1/2 inch all the way to hydro rings. It's definitely way less than $200 all in for 6 sites but I wound up only running 4.

Here's a quick list of what's needed.

Rez - $30 I chose a 26 gal for my needs.
Submersible fountain pumps x2 - 1 400 gph 1 800 gph $45
Tubing and fittings - $20
Hydro Halo watering rings x6 - $50
Nearpow timer - $18

About $165 on amazon. I'm sure thrifty folk can do way better than me.

That's it.. so simple and effective! The proof is in my profile if you have a min to scroll through. After every run the halos need a good rinse and I've experienced ZERO clogs after 3 full runs. 👍

Arwood

Arwood

I know I wasn't asked but I'm that annoying guy...

I set up an auto feed cheap and easy skipping the dripper/manifold 1/4 inch tubing and using 1/2 inch all the way to hydro rings. It's definitely way less than $200 all in for 6 sites but I wound up only running 4.

Here's a quick list of what's needed.

Rez - $30 I chose a 26 gal for my needs.
Submersible fountain pumps x2 - 1 400 gph 1 800 gph $45
Tubing and fittings - $20
Hydro Halo watering rings x6 - $50
Nearpow timer - $18

About $165 on amazon. I'm sure thrifty folk can do way better than me.

That's it.. so simple and effective! The proof is in my profile if you have a min to scroll through. After every run the halos need a good rinse and I've experienced ZERO clogs after 3 full runs. 👍

Much appreciated. I found myself back to this thread for a watering system guide and I may have found it :D

why do you have two pumps instead of one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom