GreenfingeredGoblin

First time coco grow and I've been having some issues :(

Growing strawberry pie autos in 70/30 coco mix in fabric pots

PH:6.1
E.C 0.9 1.0
600W HPS
Canopy temp: 22-23c
Root zone temp: 19-20c

So I had a calmag issue which I think I managed to sort out but then this weird droopyness started, up till now I've been watering daily with good run off and each plant has been getting 1 litre but some of the pots felt heavy so I've skipped a days watering in case it could be that but theres been no improvement :(

They have just started flowering but i dont know if that is just a coincidence and also I'm struggling with cold issues at the moment which I'm trying to sort.

Root zone temp is at 20c and canopy temp is 22 so cold at the moment.

Also when I took them out to take photos I noticed that roots are beginning to show on the sides but also there seems to be some salt build up by the looks of it, could this be what's fucking them?

Please help, this is my first coco grow and I think it will be my last at this rate I'm running back to NFT after this 😂
Need some help with first coco grow
Need some help with first coco grow 2
Need some help with first coco grow 3

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
drop your ph to 5.5, and get the temps a bit higher. I see a nitrogen deficiency starting and fixing your ph should fix that. unless it needs more nitrogen in which Cal Mag would be good.

G

GreenfingeredGoblin

drop your ph to 5.5, and get the temps a bit higher. I see a nitrogen deficiency starting and fixing your ph should fix that. unless it needs more nitrogen in which Cal Mag would be good.
Thanks for the advice dude :) do you think a nitrogen deficiency is causing the droopage or the cold or both? Also a lot of other information says that coco does well at a higher PH, is nitrogen better absorbed at a lower PH?

Cheers

2Bad

2Bad

Few things. Your rootzone is def a lil chilly but not terrible. The powder on side of your pots is fine. Check your run off . I can see some canoeing on the top leaves also. Clip the larger leaves. And make sure you don't skip a day watering water everyday its like hydro.

G

GreenfingeredGoblin

Few things. Your rootzone is def a lil chilly but not terrible. The powder on side of your pots is fine. Check your run off . I can see some canoeing on the top leaves also. Clip the larger leaves. And make sure you don't skip a day watering water everyday its like hydro.
Thanks for the reply the bro :) ok so I've upped the temperature and moved the lights way higher in case its somehow heat stress, also clipped some of the lower fan leaves to get more airflow, I will follow your advice about not watering I only did it just in case the roots were waterlogged or something or to test if it was waterlogged.

Can you explain what canoeing is or what's causing it? Cheers :)

They look alot worse in the tent heres some pics
20211203 210410

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Thanks for the advice dude :) do you think a nitrogen deficiency is causing the droopage or the cold or both? Also a lot of other information says that coco does well at a higher PH, is nitrogen better absorbed at a lower PH?

Cheers
Here is a ph chart that will show you what ph levels is for what. I think your droopiness is either because of intensity of light, heat or over wateering.,

When was the last time you water them? How did you water them and how many gallons or litters?
Light height measure? Intensity?
current temp and RH%?

Ph nutrient
tobh

tobh

Supporter
they're still looking thirsty to me. without adequate fertigations, the EC in the media will skyrocket, so I'd say you should be watering them at least twice a day, if not more if you can manage it. Coco is like rockwool in the sense that unless you have significant root issues, you should be able to feed them dozens of times a day. If the media EC is spiking, that would also cause the canoeing and show signs of N toxicity and eventually burn plus locking out all kinds of other shit.

Take a look at this thread for probably the best documentation on this forum regarding coco >>> https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/how-to-water-coco-for-best-results.122334/

Top Bottom