Need Some Help With My Baby

• Thread starter Joel Corona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Joel Corona

I am recruiting help in getting my first baby up and going. She has already gone through a couple of horrible incidents, first it did not go on a proper light cycle (18-6) for at least two weeks when I first got it, then it was left inside my car under the sun long enough to make it lose all but 5 of its leaves (it was healthy with many leaves)
Now I have it in a tent with an 2' led light at 8" away from the canopy. It is planted in a 3gal pot, fox farm soil and water it with filtered water.
It has been improving but now I see it turning yellow tips and some leaves are three fingered.
I have not been providing any extra nutrients yet as I keep reading that while the plant is young it would do more harm than good.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Need some help with my baby
Need some help with my baby 2
Crop Duster

Crop Duster

The new growth looks like its doing ok. The leafs with the burnt tips look like they were ones damaged when you left it in the car. The 3 finger leaves are probably due to its light cycle being changed. I think your doing good by giving it plain water, if your not ph adjusting I would suggest that so it has potential to absorb the nutrients it needs from the soil. Oher than that, keep up what your doing and keep an eye on the new growth as health indicators. And keep your room clean, get rid of the old dead leaves on top of your soil and in the grow area. It will attract pests.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I am recruiting help in getting my first baby up and going. She has already gone through a couple of horrible incidents, first it did not go on a proper light cycle (18-6) for at least two weeks when I first got it, then it was left inside my car under the sun long enough to make it lose all but 5 of its leaves (it was healthy with many leaves)
Now I have it in a tent with an 2' led light at 8" away from the canopy. It is planted in a 3gal pot, fox farm soil and water it with filtered water.
It has been improving but now I see it turning yellow tips and some leaves are three fingered.
I have not been providing any extra nutrients yet as I keep reading that while the plant is young it would do more harm than good.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Give her some compost tea it's hard to go wrong with that.

J

Joel Corona

The new growth looks like its doing ok. The leafs with the burnt tips look like they were ones damaged when you left it in the car. The 3 finger leaves are probably due to its light cycle being changed. I think your doing good by giving it plain water, if your not ph adjusting I would suggest that so it has potential to absorb the nutrients it needs from the soil. Oher than that, keep up what your doing and keep an eye on the new growth as health indicators. And keep your room clean, get rid of the old dead leaves on top of your soil and in the grow area. It will attract pests.

I have the plant in a grow tent that I only open for watering and inspection to make sure it's not getting worse but I will get rid of the dead leaves if they have no benefit, someone had suggested I leave them in as compost.
Thanks for the info

J

Joel Corona

Give her some compost tea it's hard to go wrong with that.

Thanks for the info, any particular brand you recomend? I bought some foxfarm nutes that I have not started feeding the plant yet, one of the things that it lacks according to my research is magnesium which I planned on compensating for with epson salt.

J

Joel Corona

I appreciate the help,
I have been seeing in my research that the three finger leaves are due to light cycle issues or due to it being a clone which mine is, to revert it back to vegetative I should increase my cycle to 19-5 until all the new foliage is 5-7 fingered. Would you agree with that?

Monster762

Monster762

General hydroponics makes something called calimagic. I suggest that over epsom salt although I've read about the salt too. Think of salts in humans though. What does salt do? It sucks out moisture. Which in this case sucks the life out of the plant. Plus I read salts will actually block up nutrient intake. Just a though. I'm nowhere near a pro. But I would go with calimagic just because it's actually made for the plant and It has a balance of calcium and iron to match the added magnesium. Just my opinion though. And as far as fox farm I know and older farmer that used fox farm and did pretty well. i honestly don't think it is all about brand. It's about the numbers. But consider the calimagic over epsom. It'll cost more but for about 10-15 dollars you can get a bottle that will last a long time. And supposedly it's ok for foliar spray too.

Monster762

Monster762

I appreciate the help,
I have been seeing in my research that the three finger leaves are due to light cycle issues or due to it being a clone which mine is, to revert it back to vegetative I should increase my cycle to 19-5 until all the new foliage is 5-7 fingered. Would you agree with that?
I would just run 24 hrs to force into veg. I tried the partial dark thing. I am now back to old school 24 veg 12/12 flower. Idk why I thought a 4 hr dark would be better. Probably too much time on internet was my issue. Old head that taught me ran 24 hrs straight then just let lights cool once a week. He was running multiple 1000w halides and hps. I would hate to have his electric bill though.

Monster762

Monster762

When the water the salt is broken down in dries what's left? A white crust. That will be in your plant blocking up things ((( Do not take just my word I am amateur indoors. )))But common sense steered me away from the cheap epsom way of adding mag. Plus if you add mag you want the balance of calcium and iron right or it can block out intake still. People here will help you. There are some very knowledgeable people here. Don't jump to action give them time to chime in. Plant looks ok it'll be ok til they do.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Epsom salt is magnesium chloride, magnesuim in calimagic is made from the same thing with added calcuim. Epsom salt is actually a better source for Mg because Ca and Mg work against each other.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I have the plant in a grow tent that I only open for watering and inspection to make sure it's not getting worse but I will get rid of the dead leaves if they have no benefit, someone had suggested I leave them in as compost.
Thanks for the info
It's not necessary to do that in a pot. Besides all it might do is attract bugs. That is something you want to do if you are trying to create living soil in a outside Garden. You can add plenty of nutrients without that.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you look at this chart it says excess Ca makes Mg deficiency worse and vice versa.
98533139cd69e443ec79e449ad5c251f7561068b

J

Joel Corona

Update on the progress of the little one.
Started to feed it every other time I water it and only water it about three times a week.
Added a dose of Mag to the nutes a week ago, been seeing improvement and lots of new growth but the lower leaves are still getting yellow and there is that one leaf that had a lot of black dots on it as you can see in the first pic bellow.

As usual, everyone's help is greatly appreciated.
IMG 4019
IMG 4020
IMG 4023

Top Bottom