Need Some Help With My Ventilation In Grow Cab

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Hi fellow growers needing some help and ideas to see if I can get my room temp down a bit before. I have to spend lol and drop size of light They are sitting at 29c with I probably get way with this but would prefer it lower as it will be to worm in the summer
My set up is a 90cm x 90cm x x 180cm. With 600w hps coolshade I would like to use all year round but before I need to drop to a 400w. for summer. I have a 4inch intake (108cfm) from windows at 3/4 speed to have neg pressure and a 4inch outake (108com) I also have a 6inch (256cfm) from windows straight to cool tube and out the room.

I think I have it set up the best way I can just not sure. Lol reason way?

Well the way I have it set up just now my temp 6inch from glass is 29c wen intake outtake are on as I sade and my 6 inch fans is on full. But wen I turn the 6in fan down to have speed the temp only goes up by 1c to 30c.

So my question. Is do yous think If I used my 4 inch outtake for my.coolshade and used the 6 inch for my outake for my room would this help lower my temp.

I was think that using the 4inch on the cooltube it would be (30c) or there abouts as that's what the 6inch is on half speed. and there not much of a different in cfm. but the 6inch as my room outtake should compensate for the temp difference and cool it even more?

Or is the any sort or calculation for how many companies for a 600w in coolshade

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this. Or has any info on this or something close to it. Thanks again

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What time of the day are your lights on?
I'm not sure on the Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion.
What are your incoming temps you are bringing in from the outside?
Kind of confused on your setup for exhaust.
Try running the 4" fan on your air cooled light. Make sure this has direct air pulling from the outside and removing the air directly outside. Make sure the hour air from the light does not get exhausted back into the house or room where you are growing.
Take your bigger fan for your room exhaust. You will have lots of negative pressure.
Rule of thumb for Passive intake is to have twice the opening size of your intake to the size of your exhaust fan.
If you run a 6" exhaust fan. Have a 12" intake hole. This allows for good air movement.

S

Shivaskunk

What time of the day are your lights on?
I'm not sure on the Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion.
What are your incoming temps you are bringing in from the outside?
Kind of confused on your setup for exhaust.
Try running the 4" fan on your air cooled light. Make sure this has direct air pulling from the outside and removing the air directly outside. Make sure the hour air from the light does not get exhausted back into the house or room where you are growing.
Take your bigger fan for your room exhaust. You will have lots of negative pressure.
Rule of thumb for Passive intake is to have twice the opening size of your intake to the size of your exhaust fan.
If you run a 6" exhaust fan. Have a 12" intake hole. This allows for good air movement.

Sorry for the confusion probably they way Ave said it lol. I have a my 6 inch on the cooltube sucking air from outside and blowing over the light and out the grow room to to room the grow room is in. I have a separate 4 inch intake sucking air in from outside and blowing into my grow room. And another 4inch as my outake for the grow room. Hope this clears things up

1* cooltube
Outside -----> 6" -----> coolshade ----- outside
2*intake
Outside ----> 4" ------> grow room
3*outtake
Grow room ----> 4" ----> outside grow room

Lights are on at night as it is the coldest time

30c = 86f

So you think give it a try and see if swapping the 4" with the 6" help. Thanks again

Ambre

Ambre

If your intakes are not powered, you need at least twice the intake as you do exhaust. For a 6" exhaust, you need 2 6" intakes if they are passive.

S

Shivaskunk

If your intakes are not powered, you need at least twice the intake as you do exhaust. For a 6" exhaust, you need 2 6" intakes if they are passive.

They are all powered. They are rvk fans.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Try exhausting the air directly outside instead of the room the grow is in.
Your basically pissing against the wind the way is setup now.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I think I see where most of your heat is coming from.

You are exhausting your lights into the room you are growing in.
You are also pulling that air back in from your 4" exhaust that blows into the room also.
You have 2 places that are recirculating heat back into your cab.

S

Shivaskunk

I think I see where most of your heat is coming from.

You are exhausting your lights into the room you are growing in.
You are also pulling that air back in from your 4" exhaust that blows into the room also.
You have 2 places that are recirculating heat back into your cab.

Okay thanks never really thought about it that way I will try taking it ryt out side and if that help. Thanks.again

O

oregonmellow

Any air you are exhausting should go outside your grow area also if you are running 6 inch or 4 inch try to keep pipe size the same.6 inch intake fresh or suck air out of your room through cooltube and then outside,then you need some fresh outside air drawn into your room somehow, then if you need to control heat by sucking hot grow room air make sure that gets outside as well,hope this makes some sense,I think Smokey may make more sense,good luck,Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Take both of your 4' 108cfm and make them exhaust vents to outside with the 6' 256cfm, then cut 2 8' passive intakes. Use ducting to light seal. And you are good to go.

O

oregonmellow

Yeah,do what ShroomKing says,still wondering how anybody made sense of that lol good job and I am backing out of this one lol,keep hanging in there Shiva somebody will sort it out for you at the Farm,Peace.

Top Bottom