NEED SOME HELP WITH RUNOFF PPM

• Thread starter kalikushkid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kalikushkid

kalikushkid

Hey guys, so im on day 42 just started week 7 on my fox farm full organic grow. This is my first grow and the girls are healthy, but the second week or so of flower, i gave them 2 feedings within a week and a half @700ppm of the general organic grow box nutes. I went off the 2nd week of flower and added the bio marine which was optional. Well, after the second feeding i noticed the plants got very dark green!

They were obviously nitrogen toxic. So ever since the last few weeks i've just been feeding them water. I'm growing 3 bag seeds. One i know is disneyland OG cuz i found it in a jar of disney, thats the plant thats by far doing best. The other 2 are 2 phenos of the same random bag seeds my co worker gave me, one is just way taller due to some complications.

Well reason i'm concerned is because even tho the toxicity wasn't a major problem, very minor tip burn, clawing and not really and SHINY leaves just very dark green... I have noticed they're not nearly as fat as i thought they would be. I've been checking trichs and just watering with distilled ph5.5-6.5 water and haven't done a flush yet because i dont know if i should let water run off or just keep feeding. Well since they'er still so dark i decided to water till about 5% run off and after checking my ppm is 1700! at day 42 is this too much? It seems a bit high as I dont think the plants have been eating it... And the one of the random one thats the tallest has SUPER SKINNY COLAS not even really bud just so many white pistils. So im thinking of just flushing them...but i plan on going for another 2- 3 weeks so i need advice, please anyone.

As i said fully organic gro, i have gro box nutes and fox farm soil to top fill if needed, but i would think at this point i wouldn't want to give any more nutes just let them eat eat everything up. With 1700ppm at week 7 how would you guys go about that?

PICS- Top one is one of the random bag seeds, doing not bad swelling a bit and hair are receding, The middle one is the one with the SUPER SKINNY COLAS and WAYYY too many pistils which i hear could be heat or light stress which it isn't
Bottom- is the disneyland og, doing the best and by far the fattest colas

Need some help with runoff ppm
Need some help with runoff ppm 2
Need some help with runoff ppm 3
dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey Kal, i think you are being a little too hard on yourself , first of all , if this is a beginner grow , then those plants actually look like a sucesss.Second , ive been seeing this a lot on the forum , its as if you guys have this numbers formula like your baking a cake and if it dosent come out perfect , then you are dissapointed....

Nobodys taking into account that there are many strains and some will perform differently , regardless of what the ppm , ph , and nute schedeule is.....

I see a spindly sativa, some landrace , some sativas have a thin growth structure , and no amount of " fat buds" bud blood , bigger buds or whatever they are trying to sell is going to change that....

Yes i would just watch temps , keep everything tight and lay off the feed for a few weeks , maybe a week ?

Your expecting too much , dont stress , just watch and learn for the next grow.....
How much light do they have ?
What is yor grow medium ?
Get some new seeds....genetics...
You will score perfect next run

Also a lot of good can happen in the next 3 weeks with a sativa leaning plant

Last edited:
Freaky75

Freaky75

Hi kali I think your beating yourself up for nothin . If that's how mine turn out I'll be happy lol . Stay happy

growsince79

growsince79

Fox farm is loaded with organic nutes, Runoff new is over 2000 ppm. Comparing organic runoff to bottled nutes is is apples and oranges.

Freaky75

Freaky75

Don't think the ppm matters much with organics . I've got canna terra pro + I've only been using biobizz root juice and run off was 2083 this morning and that would fry seedlings normally but healthy as a picture these are . Even after a leaf tore during an emergency it healed well

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Don't think the ppm matters much with organics . I've got canna terra pro + I've only been using biobizz root juice and run off was 2083 this morning and that would fry seedlings normally but healthy as a picture these are . Even after a leaf tore during an emergency it healed well View attachment 1005604View attachment 1005605
im calling bullshit,if that plant was sitting in 2083 runoff it wouldnt be alive,might check your meter mate.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey guys, so im on day 42 just started week 7 on my fox farm full organic grow. This is my first grow and the girls are healthy, but the second week or so of flower, i gave them 2 feedings within a week and a half @700ppm of the general organic grow box nutes. I went off the 2nd week of flower and added the bio marine which was optional. Well, after the second feeding i noticed the plants got very dark green!

They were obviously nitrogen toxic. So ever since the last few weeks i've just been feeding them water. I'm growing 3 bag seeds. One i know is disneyland OG cuz i found it in a jar of disney, thats the plant thats by far doing best. The other 2 are 2 phenos of the same random bag seeds my co worker gave me, one is just way taller due to some complications.

Well reason i'm concerned is because even tho the toxicity wasn't a major problem, very minor tip burn, clawing and not really and SHINY leaves just very dark green... I have noticed they're not nearly as fat as i thought they would be. I've been checking trichs and just watering with distilled ph5.5-6.5 water and haven't done a flush yet because i dont know if i should let water run off or just keep feeding. Well since they'er still so dark i decided to water till about 5% run off and after checking my ppm is 1700! at day 42 is this too much? It seems a bit high as I dont think the plants have been eating it... And the one of the random one thats the tallest has SUPER SKINNY COLAS not even really bud just so many white pistils. So im thinking of just flushing them...but i plan on going for another 2- 3 weeks so i need advice, please anyone.

As i said fully organic gro, i have gro box nutes and fox farm soil to top fill if needed, but i would think at this point i wouldn't want to give any more nutes just let them eat eat everything up. With 1700ppm at week 7 how would you guys go about that?

PICS- Top one is one of the random bag seeds, doing not bad swelling a bit and hair are receding, The middle one is the one with the SUPER SKINNY COLAS and WAYYY too many pistils which i hear could be heat or light stress which it isn't
Bottom- is the disneyland og, doing the best and by far the fattest colas
1700 is too high mate,i dont even try to go over 900 total grow,just give her water to that runoff gets better,then when you start to feed ,run with 6.5 and 900 ppm.
let me ask ,what water source you rolling with,if your using tap water and cal mag ,that can also cause the green and tip burns with the slight claw,if your using ro water,then you need the cal mag but only at 150 ppm.
also them plants dont look bad at all,but there is the start of something and you caught it in time

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

1700 is too high mate,i dont even try to go over 900 total grow,just give her water to that runoff gets better,then when you start to feed ,run with 6.5 and 900 ppm.
let me ask ,what water source you rolling with,if your using tap water and cal mag ,that can also cause the green and tip burns with the slight claw,if your using ro water,then you need the cal mag but only at 150 ppm.
also them plants dont look bad at all,but there is the start of something and you caught it in time

Hey all so I am starting to feel a little stupid.
What are the ppm that’s you are measuring for, and what do you use to measure it?
Thank for the knowledge.

growsince79

growsince79

im calling bullshit,if that plant was sitting in 2083 runoff it wouldnt be alive,might check your meter mate.

Fox farm is loaded with organic nutes, Runoff new in bag is over 2000 ppm. Comparing organic runoff to bottled nutes is is apples and oranges.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Fox farm is loaded with organic nutes, Runoff new in bag is over 2000 ppm. Comparing organic runoff to bottled nutes is is apples and oranges.
no clue were your buying yours,but ive used ocean forest for years,i ph check and check tds of every bag,in one incident and becasue it was o the very bottom of a pallet of ocean forest,my tds meter gave a reading of 900ppm and that bag was wet from rain .
every other time my ph has been 6.5 and tds under 500 ,so ya im still calling bullshit.
i use the hannah 500 scale,so even if you use the 700 or other ec is always the same,what is your ec and what scale do you use,because mate that little baby plat you have there would shivel up at 1000 much less 2000,around 500 it would turn yellow and start to shrivel

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

not only that ,that also is just a inacurite ppm ,because the only way to get a acurite measurment would be threw chemical breakdown of soil,soilless and hydro,you can get acurite reading with a pen,but soil is a solid itself,aint happening,even so you can get a ball park reading from your slurry test.
a fresh bag of any fox soil is gonna have a whole mess of humus in it,and still you aint gonna have 2000 so if you do ,someone put it there it wasnt made that way mate

Freaky75

Freaky75

I've got two metres and they were slightly apart both over 2000 . I'll double check nxt water and check calibration of both but I was shocked to see such numbers to after adding half dose root juice . Happy growing

Freaky75

Freaky75

Hi farmers just an update as soon ve put some study time in for the ppm ec ph . After doing big proper analysts my readings are as follows. Photo #1 slurry test ppm 449 ph 6.52 ec 0.936 . That's about right for seedlings . Auto #1 ppm 452 ph 6.44 ec 0.989 auto#2 ppm 643 ph 6.54 ec 1357 . Happy harvesting

Freaky75

Freaky75

Hi o,g na man took a proper one . Collected soil sample add water wait 15 min test wait till nxt morning test same slurry again .

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
GTG i avoid watering till run off as i’m no till or plain organic. i see a lot of guys water till run off sending the good stuff out the bottom? glad to hear u got things on lock brother. fyi if i felt my plant was really in trouble a flush or run off would be silly imo and a simple transplant into better soil is often a better solution in the long term.

Top Bottom