Need some help with when to harvest a pollenated plant. Want seeds to be mature.

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

How's it going . So this year I was traveling from Jan until April then went to NY for the Phish MSG run them got busy with work. Then we did phish summer tour all but 2 stops. so I wasn't around until just 2 and a half weeks ago. luckily my tenets down stairs watered her while I was away. I didn't plan on growing this year but I was bummed watching my neighbors plants grow huge while I had nothing so around middle of June I popped 3 Texada Time Warp seeds. Which grow effortlessly here in the north east. I didn't expect to get any thing from it. I only had 4 Texada seeds to begin with. Last year I got 9 ounces off 3 plants and some how not sure if they hermed or got pollinated by a male that maybe a neighbor forgot to pull. But I got 26 seeds out of 9 ounces. So I popped 3 of those this year. Since this round is not feminized because it was for my grow last year I got a male. I have never bread before. So instead of pulling it. I brought him in and let him mature under my 400 wat old school sun system. Then hit my female with the branches. Literally I whacked the crap out of it. Lol lone behold it looks like my nugs are pregnant. I'm super psyched because I love this cultivar it's potent it's fruity Piney skunky and like I said before it grows effortlessly. I see them nothing but compost tea and water they're in nothing but Happy Frog and coast of Maine and my own compost but I haven't changed it or added it for two gross Seasons just let it sit each time seems to be getting better and better. My girls are much frostier this year. Seems to be a really good mother. The father had an amazing smell and grew fast. So I'm very happy with the parents. But what I don't know is how to tell when the seeds are mature as it just looks like a bunch of swollen calyx right now. Here's some up close shots she really small but I'm not going for flower I'm going for seed stock for a couple years. If anyone's got some advice on when to cut her down. I'm all ears. I figured another 2 weeks or so but in my mind I want to start drying and curing now. Lol.

Need some help with when to harvest a pollenated plant  want seeds to be mature
Need some help with when to harvest a pollenated plant  want seeds to be mature 2
Need some help with when to harvest a pollenated plant  want seeds to be mature 3
Need some help with when to harvest a pollenated plant  want seeds to be mature 4
BDH420

BDH420

Sorry about pic quality my phone broke on tour and I'm using a pixel 2 xl as a back up. the camera sucks on this phone. If you look in my profile and my pics you can see pics of last years run. even though I'm only getting about a quarter ounce off this I'm excited to have a ton of Texada TIme Warp seeds for the future.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

How's it going . So this year I was traveling from Jan until April then went to NY for the Phish MSG run them got busy with work. Then we did phish summer tour all but 2 stops. so I wasn't around until just 2 and a half weeks ago. luckily my tenets down stairs watered her while I was away. I didn't plan on growing this year but I was bummed watching my neighbors plants grow huge while I had nothing so around middle of June I popped 3 Texada Time Warp seeds. Which grow effortlessly here in the north east. I didn't expect to get any thing from it. I only had 4 Texada seeds to begin with. Last year I got 9 ounces off 3 plants and some how not sure if they hermed or got pollinated by a male that maybe a neighbor forgot to pull. But I got 26 seeds out of 9 ounces. So I popped 3 of those this year. Since this round is not feminized because it was for my grow last year I got a male. I have never bread before. So instead of pulling it. I brought him in and let him mature under my 400 wat old school sun system. Then hit my female with the branches. Literally I whacked the crap out of it. Lol lone behold it looks like my nugs are pregnant. I'm super psyched because I love this cultivar it's potent it's fruity Piney skunky and like I said before it grows effortlessly. I see them nothing but compost tea and water they're in nothing but Happy Frog and coast of Maine and my own compost but I haven't changed it or added it for two gross Seasons just let it sit each time seems to be getting better and better. My girls are much frostier this year. Seems to be a really good mother. The father had an amazing smell and grew fast. So I'm very happy with the parents. But what I don't know is how to tell when the seeds are mature as it just looks like a bunch of swollen calyx right now. Here's some up close shots she really small but I'm not going for flower I'm going for seed stock for a couple years. If anyone's got some advice on when to cut her down. I'm all ears. I figured another 2 weeks or so but in my mind I want to start drying and curing now. Lol.
You will see them split the calyx and be brown ready to drop by agitation alone

BDH420

BDH420

You will see them split the calyx and be brown ready to drop by agitation alone
awesome Thank you very much this was the info I was looking for. Should I be worried about birds eating them. Should I net the plant?

BDH420

BDH420

Yes the birds will eat them depending on how much resin is there to discourage
Thank you again. Looks like ill net her then. Well here's to hopefully having a good amount of seed stock for the a couple years to come. Love this cultivar grows so easy. I shouldn't have even gotten the small amount I got for when I put them out. Goes to show you what a good healthy microbiome can do.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Thank you again. Looks like ill net her then. Well here's to hopefully having a good amount of seed stock for the a couple years to come. Love this cultivar grows so easy. I shouldn't have even gotten the small amount I got for when I put them out. Goes to show you what a good healthy microbiome can do.
You can also go by a fake owl or two to help keep the birds away and move it around periodically. You can buy them that hoot.

BDH420

BDH420

You can also go by a fake owl or two to help keep the birds away and move it around periodically. You can buy them that hoot.
Ha amazing I just made one out of a block of scrap wood I had. I felt like carving something. lol We have lots of berries and a couple cherry trees. The birds will eat everything unless netted and some scare crow stuff like Owls are out. Its getting cold and rainy here in MA lately so I set up my canopy yesterday. She's just a small plant probably just a quarter ounce on her. but she's stuffed with seeds. which is what I really care about. I didn't like they way kiwi seeds Texada Time Warp looked. I don't think its the real deal. What I have came straight from the Texada Ilses form a breeder up there. who wouldn't get back to me when I tried to purchase some seeds. My first run was from 4 seeds I won from them online from them. I was lucky got 20 something seeds back out of the 9 ounces. They grew really good to my surprise this year. I whish I got them out 3 months earlier and was around to take care of them. Phish tour is mostly on the west coast next year so Ill do the east coast dates and Vegas Halloween. But my focus next year is on my grow.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Mature seeds make themselves known.
dsc_3278-jpg.1074213
I was thinking the same thing 🤔 I always wait until they show up poking out nice and dark. But you will always have immature seeds in the mix. You will have more seeds than you know what to do with 🤣🤣🤣

Moshmen

Moshmen

Some good ingfo in here I’ll add that the f1 you starting with will produce a variation of the plant you like, in order to stabilize keep on breeding the best stock

Latest posts

Top Bottom