Need some help

• Thread starter HumbleHippy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HumbleHippy

HumbleHippy

Hey guys, new here and hope I posted this in the right spot. I used to grow back in the day but this is my first grow in more then ten years and I'm having an issue. Got a big bud X blueberry auto fem that's on week 9 from seed and week 5 into flower. I'm growing in happy frog and was using an organic bloom nute at 5-10-5 ratio from weeks 4 to 7. The soils a bit old and was initially hydro locked but now it absorbs and drains well. She's been in a 5 gallon pot since she out grew her solo cup and short of a little underwatering issue in week 3 has been looking great ever since. Last two weeks I cut out the nutes and have kept her on straight water. I've used distilled that I've pH balanced to 6.5 for every watering she and her sister has ever gotten. Noticed a bit of Brown on leaf tips thru out plant about a week ago, now tho the top leaves are all turning brown and will fall apart in your hand, the stems don't pull out tho. There's zero signs of bud rot (thank god!) And I'm not sure if this is normal and she's about ready to be harvested or if this is a nutrient issue? Lower leaves all look fine except for a few burnt tips here and there. She's no closer to the light (led) then she has been at any other point and temp stays close to 70Ā° all the time. Humidity is usually at 50% but my central air died the other day and now I'm around 67Ā° and 60%. Sorry for the long post just trying to give as much detail as possible, sure I left out some things but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Need some help
Need some help 2

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I was thinking it wasn't ready yet, any idea on the leaves dying then?
ok, well i didnā€™t read your whole thread yet, didnā€™t you say you stopped nutes?
than that would probably be it as the plant will take what it needs from the fan leaves causing the yellowing and dying off. start feeding her again, no need to flush, but that a hot debate!! you still would have time to flush if you want, to me looks like a month away at least..
a couple more better pictures would help, the whole plant etc..
might have other issues.
sounds like you got everything fine other than humidity being a little high at 67%.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no clue why you stopped feeding 5 weeks in,this much is obvious,them really dark green leaves you have ,you need to adjust your feed for more p and k,dont drop the n but reduce alot,some of the browning your getting is from the plant trying to lock up,so no pic to tell but 5 weeks in im guessing you should be feeding around 750ppm of feed and 6.5 ph in soil.
using distilled water right off the top 1.5 ml of cal mag per gallon with the cal mag probally be enough N to get you buy for a while,so 150 cal mag 600 of your other feed total,coming out to 750 total,a whole plant pic would help with right amount of feed needed

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i can c the pistals, fellas. ain't ready. live n well, pistals... lookz to
be top of canopy cola, as well.
skol read ya as well as any book.
nick would've told ya same, if he'd seen the rest. both fantastic pot doctors.

i was actually surprised to see cmag cover my nitrogen, this last week... great tip. i know it has a minimal, nitrogen value so i was pleasantly surprised... first time i believe I've seen someone mention it. very cool! happen to b bout as far into flower, as he is, for further confirmation that's bitchen advice.

Last edited:
HumbleHippy

HumbleHippy

Thanks very much for all the help! I'd stopped the nutes because I was getting what looked like nute burn on the tips (thru out the whole plant). This leaf dying thing is just happening on the main cola and is starting on the top and working its way slowly down. The leaves (that are sick) are still green underneath just look like they've been spray painted yellow on top then go crinkly and die. Sorry I can't get better photos, phones a pos. Guess I'll start nutes back up this water and see how she does.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

see... it's not that there's poop on the screen, itself, as so commonly foretold... it's because they're pos, from the get go and this whole tp situation, ain't helpin!
i THINK i see what you're talking about... bout a millimeter, on some of the tips that have since, necrotized. yup... deficiency. looks just like in the bible. the crispy critters are beyond, i believe and will continue to crisp, through harvest, but you've lost nothing. sounds like u reset ur medium and skol has u covered. weedtech is great and skol has advised based on all AVAILABLE factors. having reset, you'll still have an opportunity to tweak, after u see how skol's recipe turns out. nothing in the pic, is beyond recovery, besides a few leaves; trust me... i have plenty of krispies, this go, as well. you sound confident and u should. doin good.

elPannocia

elPannocia

I'd have to disagree, looks like heavy nitrogen toxicity. I have had this before when I was supplementing with calcium nitrate in hydro late in flowering. If you ever had it is quite unmistakeble. Deep green, claw, crispy yellow leaves like you burn it with nutrients.
Just give water and finish it or flush it. Don't add anything

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'd have to disagree, looks like heavy nitrogen toxicity. I have had this before when I was supplementing with calcium nitrate in hydro late in flowering. If you ever had it is quite unmistakeble. Deep green, claw, crispy yellow leaves like you burn it with nutrients.
Just give water and finish it or flush it. Don't add anything
he did say to lower the nitrogen?
but just give water and finish it? no way, cā€™mon you know thats not good advice, especially to a newer grower,
do you think thereā€™s unused nutes left over that would get it all the way through?
that plant still has a month to go.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

yeah, skol said lower. just a miscom
he meant to baby it through, with the 1-2 N (i forget), in cmag. he noted the toxicity, i didn't notice til the darker, waxier pix, that followed.
I'm with ya nick. skol, agrees- it's skol's skull, if he kills em, we're just innocent bystanders. i think he's right on the money, too.

i think Spanish pussy just scanned the previous, quickly. his theory is sound, taken out of context. love the name, puss-con-kwiefador

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

dont make me call the law for abuse on a old man hahahah
hey i could be wrong
one thing for sure has plennnnnnnnty of nitrogen showing it face
the plant is locked so why not take the obviuos issue and push to side for a few days and let the demanding 2 macro nutrients catch up,you dig,the plant looks fake and also look like plastic or wax leaves dead give away of to much feel me
when you get to brown yellow crusty leaves debate is over and time for class if you dig
so i would go 6.5 ph and 750 total ppm just because it is a mature plant,wouldnt even hurt to go low side around 600 but the plant still needs feed,once you get it rocking then you can do the water feed water thing ,but looking at that plant in the next 2 or 3 weeks you need to start coming down on feed going on to flush with lush i call it,each week i drop a hundred off the feed,weaning off the tit,but that girl isnt ready for weaning ,she need some titty

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
dont make me call the law for abuse on a old man hahahah
hey i could be wrong
one thing for sure has plennnnnnnnty of nitrogen showing it face
the plant is locked so why not take the obviuos issue and push to side for a few days and let the demanding 2 macro nutrients catch up,you dig,the plant looks fake and also look like plastic or wax leaves dead give away of to much feel me
when you get to brown yellow crusty leaves debate is over and time for class if you dig
so i would go 6.5 ph and 750 total ppm just because it is a mature plant,wouldnt even hurt to go low side around 600 but the plant still needs feed,once you get it rocking then you can do the water feed water thing ,but looking at that plant in the next 2 or 3 weeks you need to start coming down on feed going on to flush with lush i call it,each week i drop a hundred off the feed,weaning off the tit,but that girl isnt ready for weaning ,she need some titty
right on!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

if u behave this way when we eventually share a COvidRONA, skol, i won't b able to stop spewing my flu droplets, through my nose, in ur beverage of choice. if u were Canadian, it'd sound, like this, "ya dig, eh?", and if u were stoned in a Mexican prison, it'd b, "ya dig, essay vato"... but ur such an americanized hippie, u give up too soon at, "ya dig". ya dig me?
more viejo torture!

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

He has phosphorus deficiencies being triggered by a ph lockout from too much N. Your not feeding the right ratio. You said the soil is a bit old, so NPK is variable, also you said soil was hydro locked, could still be in some parts. Autoflowers are just a fussy mess when it comes to medium PH.

HumbleHippy

HumbleHippy

Ok so the only nutes it's been getting were a 5-10-5 bloom liquid in the recommended amount. Should I find a nute without N? Or just add calmag? I'm sorry I'm getting a little confused by some of the posts here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dig eh! (Canadian version that's me šŸ˜)

Ok my take... Just for goggles here.

First let me start with my god 5-10-5!!!!

Now I'm with the N tox but I think there is a host of things going on here.

Previously over fed then transition to that ungodly ratio bloom nutrient and you have now a massive P toxicity locking out K which is the burning you see on the leaf edges. I'm sure there is some Ca issues too with that High P.

I'm not a really a soil grower but I'm thinking a good flush with recharge or enzymes followed by a balanced nutrient not that ungodly bloom stuff at about 400ppm. Then continue feeding at about 600ppm?

I fairly confident that's what we are seeing here. I'm not so confident on the best way to flush soil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom