Need Some Info On Ebb And Flow

• Thread starter Sunnyseville
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sunnyseville

Sunnyseville

So I got two 4x8 ebb and flow tables filled with hydro rock with 11 8x8 rock wool cubes in each. It takes 20 minuets to fill the tables. I'm ready to introduce my new clones but I have no idea how many times a day I should flood. I've read a few posts but gotten mixed answers, some say 4 some say one. Maybe the confusion is light time. Mine are on 24 right now ( or will be ). I've posted this question before and got 30 views so maybe if I include some pictures I'll get an answer this time instead of just views. Thanks

Need some info on ebb and flow
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thats an interesting setup you have - people usually do hugos or rock - never seen both

i think you will have some trail and error to get it right with those big cubes in the mix - normally rock would get flooded every 4-6 hours but hugos maybe 1 or 2x a day

are you planning on burying them half way or so? also at first I would top water those by hand a few days to give them a push

do you wallet and plants a favor and veg on 18/6

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I agree 100% with @motherlode about hand watering for first few days maybe even week

I'd bury them cubes 1/2 as well.

The flood will change as the plants grow
You'll have to watch closely, each room if different.
I flood every 3 hrs in flower in my room, 4-6 in veg depending on size

You 'might' be even better off just sticking with the hydroton

At the very least I'd put the clones into the cubes and hand water 'em until you get roots from the bottoms
Depending on room temps and RH you should be able to water them cubes about twice a day/12hrs until
you get roots. Then stick 'em in the trays.

Sunnyseville

Sunnyseville

Honestly lol I have no idea what I'm doing. This is the way I was told to set it up and I couldn't get a whole lot of advice on the subject before I finished. I see what your saying about hand watering them for awhile the blocks are big. The clones have a lot of roots 4 inches or better. I'll try to get them down in the cubes Real good. Thanks for the advise. Oh and so you think I can ditch the rock and just go with the cubes and or vice versa?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Wait
What do you mean the clones have 4" roots?
What are the clones in?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Are the clones bare root?

If they are bare root clones. You cant put them into cubes

If they're bare root clones ditch the cubes
Bury them into the hydroton
Set your time for a 4 hr flood and call it good
Let water stay in tray about 15 minutes
So time how long it takes to fill
Then add 10-15 minutes
That's your flood time

O

OldLuck

How long does it take to drain and how long will you be vegging? I usually start twice a day (every 12 hr) until they are a month or so old then go to 3 times a day until the last month of flower and then back to 2 times day and then flush. hope it helps and best vibes on the grow.

Sunnyseville

Sunnyseville

Ok cool just the advice I've been looking for on the flood times and no prob just throwing them in the rock, I can do that but I don't get why you think I can't put a bare root clone in a rockwool cube?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

How?
I suppose you could somehow 'slit' it and try and cram the roots in there
Those blocks are usually used when transplanting/upsizing from smaller cubes

Sunnyseville

Sunnyseville

How long does it take to drain and how long will you be vegging? I usually start twice a day (every 12 hr) until they are a month or so old then go to 3 times a day until the last month of flower and then back to 2 times day and then flush. hope it helps and best vibes on the grow.
Not sure how long to veg, I'm going to veg in the same table I flower. I'll hafta go time how long it takes to drain But it's fairly fast. Thanks for the info it helps greatly. I know nothing about hydro and look forward to any suggestions

Top Bottom