need some info on l.e.d

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

im looking into getting either a 400 hps or a 600 hps or a 90w led light i havent really seen much on them would love to know more info how well they actually work for yielding any info and if you have grown with l.e.d's and have pics i would love to see them so i can get a good picture on how well they work

O

Oregonic

im looking into getting either a 400 hps or a 600 hps or a 90w led light i havent really seen much on them would love to know more info how well they actually work for yielding any info and if you have grown with l.e.d's and have pics i would love to see them so i can get a good picture on how well they work

Lots of LED threads here, I suggest tabor or bossmans test grows:weed-sign:

O

Old HAGgler

yo

IMVO

if you have room for a 600, do that.

do NOT expect 90w to get you anywhere with a space that big.

C

croniholic

LED's are still too new for me to try. Really interesting technology and it may well overtake HID's in the future. Most of the result I have seen are decent but I will stick to my 600 HPS.

J

jtmyzery2008

well could i get a 600 in a space this big 5 ft 9 inch by 4ft wide by 2 feet deep i was gonna do 6 plants in 3 gal pots in this space

Papa

Papa

Supporter
2 feet deep?

you need to be looking at the Bad Boy, 6 or 8 lamp.

Papa

O

Old HAGgler

yeah with something two feet deep i wouldnt go 600, there would be too much unused light with it only being 2' deep.

go with t'5's. i did my first couple runs flowered under them and everything. i'd even say they were more frosty than HID's, just not as much yield. i averaged about .6 gpw with a decent yielding strain.

but a 4' t5 like 6 or 8 bulb will give you plenty of light, and PERFECTLY fit your space. i started in a 24 x 48 (60 high) tent, and its sits perfectly.

J

jtmyzery2008

now what if i got a 4ft by 4ft tent would i be able to go ahead with a 400 watt hps or a 600 watt hps

J

jtmyzery2008

i also was thinking about just switching the closets around the one i have them in now would be the flower room it's 5 ft 8 in high by 6 ft 7 in across and 2 ft 2 in deep and i would make the other closet my veg closet if i did that would i be able to use a 400 watt or 600 watt hps in that or am i still gonna be losing light

Papa

Papa

Supporter
dude, you're all over the place.

may i suggest you begin a new thread in the Growroom Design & Setup forum?

take a few minutes and itemize what you have (closet #1: size, ventilation, etc. close #2 . . . tent options, etc.), and what you would like to achieve. give as much information as possible up front.

it seems like you're trying to get an hps . . . which i'm saying may not be your best solution. one of the first parameters to look at re:lighting is the shape of your space. when using a point source such as HPS in a small space, it works better if the space is a square, (like the 4'x4' tent). if your space is a rectangle like 6'x2' then a linear source such as fluorescent is the way to go. Fluorescent is in the same ballpark as HPS in efficiency (lumens/watt).

Latest posts

Top Bottom