• Tagged users None
M

maineoutdoor

Need some opinions why is her stem bulging at the bas
Need some opinions why is her stem bulging at the bas 2

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
That's a new one to me, but might just be a bit of damage from when she was much younger. It's unusual, but I don't think it is anything to worry about. Might have been a kink during seedling stages that healed up kinda funky. Keep up the good work!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im thinking it a good thang,let say you started the plant indoors to get a jump on outdoor vegging,just say,so ive i have never had a indoor plant do this,BUT all my squash plants and most tomato plants all bell pepper plants do this when i start them indoors and harden off for the sun when soil tempo gets to about 70 ,especially the bells and squash,i think it is a defense the plant has from soil born or hovering wasp that lay eggs at the soil surface right next to stem,them damn stalks are so tough that it took 2 yrs to compost some of them i didnt cut up,the squash has a hollow feed tube,they attach and boer in forming a squash vine boer worm,mean little bastards then when your plant is almost dead looking like melted wax in the sunlight ,but chipper when the sun goes down and over night,might as well pull the plant,i have taken a papper clip and saved one of my pumpkin vines this year,other didnt make it,but on point is if you catch them young you can ride them ,unfortunly by the time the stalk does what you have for defense it to late for some plants if you dig,so my guess is defense and damn sure good,what you have is a plant that wants to be a tree but hasnt made it yet,what you think?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Super cropping, check it out. It’s similar and I actually force this effect on all plants and at every branches. The yeilds will be phenomenal .
It’s a good thing and I wouldn’t worry too much. Plant hormonal response to damage , be it intentional or accidental. They respond to “heal/scab” over damaged area increasing uptake as well. Hence the “boil “

M

maineoutdoor

Yeah I was thinking it might of got nicked a little bit during transplant from solo cups but I also have been pulling them inside every night an keeping them under a light for a couple hours so they don’t flower. Weather isn’t quite nice enough an not enough daylight quite yet.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yeah I was thinking it might of got nicked a little bit during transplant from solo cups but I also have been pulling them inside every night an keeping them under a light for a couple hours so they don’t flower. Weather isn’t quite nice enough an not enough daylight quite yet.
Strong winds can fatten up stems and branches as well.it can completely break em too if too wind.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Strong winds can fatten up stems and branches as well.it can completely break em too if too wind.
I have a couple Malawi ladies and their stems are stiffer than any other strain that I think I've grown. They aren't all that fat or massive, but they feel like bamboo canes instead of regular stalks. Maybe from a windy area, since they are Sativa, tall, and are impossible to train. Afterwards, maybe I could use it for a fishing pole. It is TOUGH!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I have a couple Malawi ladies and their stems are stiffer than any other strain that I think I've grown. They aren't all that fat or massive, but they feel like bamboo canes instead of regular stalks. Maybe from a windy area, since they are Sativa, tall, and are impossible to train. Afterwards, maybe I could use it for a fishing pole. It is TOUGH!!
Always wanted to run a Malawi but don't have space for extreme sativa.there was a seed co selling Malawi minis but not sure if it's really just a mini Malawi bred for generations to be small or what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom