need some tips

• Thread starter Gunja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gunja

how much water do i apply how do i apply it spray or ...?
i see some people have plants as one bud no leafs some have lots of leaves and branches full of buds how do i achieve these things cut them chop change etc..
what distance does the lamp need to be at in witch stages
Yes i am a complete ROOKIE

G

Gunja

also temperature and RH what should it sit at and how do i ajust?

lollipopman

lollipopman

Read read read when you think you got it read some more

G

Gunja

well link me something to reasearch then because this site has nothing that i can find.
i am a complete rookie have asked a few questions here and not once have i been helped

Cort

Cort

I got a great head start by watching youtube videos. That gave me enough info to understand the books I read. The books game me enough info to ask intelligent questions with enough information to get intelligent answers. Once I read and got a general idea of what I was going to do I got tons more help. Not trying to be a dick, but Ill answer best I can with info I have.

1. How much water depends on the medium. If you are in RDWC your water requirements will be different than soil, soil will be different than coco, coco different than a flood table with rockwool.

2. Mostly leaf to bud ratio is strain related, however there are things you can do to help maximize your strain. Things like keeping the light close enough....

3. dont understand the question.

4. lights should be as close as possible without damage to the plant. A cfl bulb or t5 can be almost touching while a 1k hps should be 12-18 inches depending on temps, airflow, set up.... putting your hand between top of plant and light is a good way to tell how far away you should be. Does your hand get hot, if so you are too close.

G

Gunja

I got a great head start by watching youtube videos. That gave me enough info to understand the books I read. The books game me enough info to ask intelligent questions with enough information to get intelligent answers. Once I read and got a general idea of what I was going to do I got tons more help. Not trying to be a dick, but Ill answer best I can with info I have.

1. How much water depends on the medium. If you are in RDWC your water requirements will be different than soil, soil will be different than coco, coco different than a flood table with rockwool.

2. Mostly leaf to bud ratio is strain related, however there are things you can do to help maximize your strain. Things like keeping the light close enough....

3. dont understand the question.

4. lights should be as close as possible without damage to the plant. A cfl bulb or t5 can be almost touching while a 1k hps should be 12-18 inches depending on temps, airflow, set up.... putting your hand between top of plant and light is a good way to tell how far away you should be. Does your hand get hot, if so you are too close.

that is great even tho i didnt understand some things like (medium RDWC etc.)
im trying to look for some things to read up on but cant seem to find nothing i understand i wouldnt ask if i wasnt desperate just spent 500 euro on a tent and put it up germanated and now planted and i havent got a clue lol i really need putting in the correct direction sorry to be a pain

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What did you plant into? Soil, soilless, coco, rockwool etc..
What size containers/pots?
How many lights?

Cort

Cort

what size and type lights?
what are your temps/humidity levels
Do you have fans, carbon filter,
What are you feeding, if anything.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sounds like the cavalry has arrived! Just point these guys at your troubles, and their advice will fix you right up.

The advice about watching some YouTube videos and reading is sound. This is a PROFESSION, and a SCIENCE. It is also an art form. As such, you need to learn the lingo and the basics so you can use proper terms to explain your needs and situation- and, as you've just discovered, to be able to understand and use the answers you get.

A lot of people get into growing assuming it's easy money. It is... after you've put in some time studying and working- and failing sometimes. Not a get rich quick option, but it's a great hobby if you're passionate about it.

G

Gunja

ok ill list everything let me know if you need more information
planted in soil. 10l pots.
temp 24.4 degrees RH 33%
lamp 600w HPS make sylvania
Feed ionic grow and i got flower
yes i do have an exstracter fan and carbon filter but the fan has no plug i dont know how to wire it

Also just read up on newbie grows some help full stuff there but not the full works

G

Gunja

Sounds like the cavalry has arrived! Just point these guys at your troubles, and their advice will fix you right up.

The advice about watching some YouTube videos and reading is sound. This is a PROFESSION, and a SCIENCE. It is also an art form. As such, you need to learn the lingo and the basics still you can use proper terms to explain your needs and situation- and, as you've just discovered, be able to understand and use the answers you get.

A lot of people get into growing assuming it's easy money. It is... after you've put in some time studying and working- and failing sometimes. Not a get rich quick option, but it's a great hobby if you're passionate about it.

at last haha EASY money how said that????
my wife smokes my wallet dry its to save money

ttystikk

ttystikk

at last haha EASY money how said that????
my wife smokes my wallet dry its to save money

Your wife sounds like my Monopoly piece- it runs all around town, endlessly spending money I have to figure out how to afford!

I wish you'd have come here before you spent €500 on gear- we would have been able to save you some of your initial investment, I'm sure of it.

What kind of soil? Did you add anything to it? A vent fan is nice, but a small fan blowing air around in the tent will help circulation.

G

Gunja

i have a vent fan to and a fan blowing air in on the outside of it no i didnt add anything to it
after this grow i am looking to upgrade my tent but i want to make it my self measure ment would be 1m x 4m if you could direct me to a saving there would be great

ttystikk

ttystikk

Raising RH can be done with a already bottle, but it won't last. Find a 'swamp cooler' or large capacity humidifier.

G

Gunja

what about a pot of water in the center of the plants in direct light its a trick my grandman taught me how to bring RH up but not down.
reading up so much stuff but i cant read for long cause i am 75% blind in one eye and now i have a head ache asking questions is so much easier for me haha

If i water them whislt the light is on will i urn them?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

ok ill list everything let me know if you need more information
planted in soil. 10l pots.
temp 24.4 degrees RH 33%
lamp 600w HPS make sylvania
Feed ionic grow and i got flower
yes i do have an exstracter fan and carbon filter but the fan has no plug i dont know how to wire it

Also just read up on newbie grows some help full stuff there but not the full works

Do you have any pictures you can post up? I just read Ionic's website, seems that formula is specifically for hydroponics. If you want to avoid pH and ppm issues do some research into organic products you can mix into your soil. This way you can avoid the issues that come from a synthetic nutrient feeding schedule.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

Buy a humidifer, I did, cost me £30 from Argos. Put it on a timer and turn it up fully. the cheap ones sort a tent out fine I found pal.

G

Gunja

Do you have any pictures you can post up? I just read Ionic's website, seems that formula is specifically for hydroponics. If you want to avoid pH and ppm issues do some research into organic products you can mix into your soil. This way you can avoid the issues that come from a synthetic nutrient feeding schedule.

i shall upload some for you asap thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom