Need stealth DIY cab advice.

• Thread starter GreenGrower5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

I plan on building two diy stealth cabs once I figure out the best way to do it and keep it stealthy. They will be in a storage room I have on the back of my house. There is also a deck next to it and we pass through it to go to the deck hence my need for stealth. I am open to any advice/suggestions that I can get from anyone here at the farm. Will only be flowering twice a year spring and fall but will be vegging year round in the smaller area.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
The biggest issue with going stealth like that is going to be the smell and the equipment associated with growing and managing the smell.. Even if you use high quality filters you are still going to have noise from fans and air conditioning if it's needed, etc.

I'm sure you have already thought of all this, but I just figured I would point that out. How stealth does it need to be?

Looking forward to seeing how you do it, share pics and updates on your progress! Many knowledgeable folks here that can offer up advice as you go.

Good luck partner! šŸ¤ 

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I would think that the smell is going to be your biggest problem. You can seal a room up pretty well and keep the light and stuff in, but you need some kind of ventilation or things are gonna smell a lot. Unless you have a small grow tent, a 6" inline fan isn't going to cut it. I have an old furnace blower hooked up to a 50 ft dryer vent tube, running it out thru the top of the building, where smell wouldn't be as noticed. During flowering, however, the entire area smells like skunks, but at least it's outside!

GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

I would think that the smell is going to be your biggest problem. You can seal a room up pretty well and keep the light and stuff in, but you need some kind of ventilation or things are gonna smell a lot. Unless you have a small grow tent, a 6" inline fan isn't going to cut it. I have an old furnace blower hooked up to a 50 ft dryer vent tube, running it out thru the top of the building, where smell wouldn't be as noticed. During flowering, however, the entire area smells like skunks, but at least it's outside!
@Jimster the loudest smelling strain I will be growing will be green crack. I still have genetics from my past life as a grower, most of them aren't especially skunky smelling, was more into fruity except for misty which smells like a musky mens locker room. I plan on staging a 6" ozone generator near the end of the exhaust before it goes out the roof, hoping that will change smell enough to keep me incognito. I live in a rural area and don't have many visitors except grand kids and they don't go in the storage room. Will only be doing two plants at a time, one green crack and one of the genetics I already have.(mostly C99 crosses) Just hope I can pull it off. GG5
The biggest issue with going stealth like that is going to be the smell and the equipment associated with growing and managing the smell.. Even if you use high quality filters you are still going to have noise from fans and air conditioning if it's needed, etc.

I'm sure you have already thought of all this, but I just figured I would point that out. How stealth does it need to be?

Looking forward to seeing how you do it, share pics and updates on your progress! Many knowledgeable folks here that can offer up advice as you go.

Good luck partner! šŸ¤ 

Good luck partner! šŸ¤ 

Good luck partner! šŸ¤ 
@Deadstill : Walling in a closet from one side to the other of the storage room. The 3x3 will be hidden inside one of the closet spaces, hopefully well insulated enough to hide ventilation noise. Fan will be placed in attic and isolated with foam packing material that I saved from old grow years ago. I won't be growing any of the mega potent strains being produced today so I won't have that bad an odor control problem. My goal is to grow out a green crack clone and one plant of the C99 crosses me and a friend made back in the early 2000's. I won't be continually growing, just two runs a year. Just want to be able to self medicate my PTSD, the meds that the VA gives me are a joke and they are hard on my body. Will be posting more once I start construction. OAN. Have been out of the game so long that green crack was called cush last time I was in the game.
GG3

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
@Jimster the loudest smelling strain I will be growing will be green crack. I still have genetics from my past life as a grower, most of them aren't especially skunky smelling, was more into fruity except for misty which smells like a musky mens locker room. I plan on staging a 6" ozone generator near the end of the exhaust before it goes out the roof, hoping that will change smell enough to keep me incognito. I live in a rural area and don't have many visitors except grand kids and they don't go in the storage room. Will only be doing two plants at a time, one green crack and one of the genetics I already have.(mostly C99 crosses) Just hope I can pull it off. GG5

@Deadstill : Walling in a closet from one side to the other of the storage room. The 3x3 will be hidden inside one of the closet spaces, hopefully well insulated enough to hide ventilation noise. Fan will be placed in attic and isolated with foam packing material that I saved from old grow years ago. I won't be growing any of the mega potent strains being produced today so I won't have that bad an odor control problem. My goal is to grow out a green crack clone and one plant of the C99 crosses me and a friend made back in the early 2000's. I won't be continually growing, just two runs a year. Just want to be able to self medicate my PTSD, the meds that the VA gives me are a joke and they are hard on my body. Will be posting more once I start construction. OAN. Have been out of the game so long that green crack was called cush last time I was in the game.
GG3

Yep another reason of a list of many, why I stay away from the VA.

GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

Have to make a change to my stealth cab plans. Will be growing in 18 gal storage totes, so I will need to be able to veg in these totes until moving to flower cab. This will require having two 3x3x4 veg areas, one to prepare plants for flower (mainlineing and extreme lst) and one for clones, autos and selecting which seedlings make it to the next stage. My reason for using 18 gallon totes is I grow organically and larger containers promote larger root mass which promotes larger colas. It also cancels a lot of the problems some growers have with organics in small containers.
Adding the new cab won't be that big a problem because it can be built on top of the other veg cab. It will just require a larger extraction fan and a bunch of cfl's for the clones and seedlings. I am still open to any and all advice and suggestions from members here. GG5
20200214 181120

Last edited:
GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

Have to make a change to my stealth cab plans. Will be growing in 18 gal storage totes, so I will need to be able to veg in these totes until moving to flower cab. This will require having two 3x3x4 veg areas, one to prepare plants for flower (mainlineing and extreme lst) and one for clones, autos and selecting which seedlings make it to the next stage. My reason for using 18 gallon totes is I grow organically and larger containers promote larger root mass which promotes larger colas. It also cancels a lot of the problems some growers have with organics in small containers.
Adding the new cab won't be that big a problem because it can be built on top of the other veg cab. It will just require a larger extraction fan and a bunch of cfl's for the clones and seedlings. I am still open to any and all advice and suggestions from members here. GG5View attachment 943898
Was able to acquire a pineapple c99 clone (overripe pineapple) from a friend, fruity but loud smell. Any advice on coping with the super fruity smell I will be dealing with is welcomed. I have time to make adjustments since clone will become mother to many hopefully. Cloned it perpetually for over five years back in the late 90's and early 2000's' one of my favorites. She is a sativa that grows like an indica and is a heavy producer. As I mentioned earlier any advice on smell control will be appreciated.

GreenGrower5

GreenGrower5

Was able to acquire a pineapple c99 clone (overripe pineapple) from a friend, fruity but loud smell. Any advice on coping with the super fruity smell I will be dealing with is welcomed. I have time to make adjustments since clone will become mother to many hopefully. Cloned it perpetually for over five years back in the late 90's and early 2000's' one of my favorites. She is a sativa that grows like an indica and is a heavy producer. As I mentioned earlier any advice on smell control will be appreciated.
I am sure someone here grows RKS or Chemdog D, would like to know how they handle odor control. The pineapple c99 is fruity not skunky or dank but still overpoweringly sweet overripe pineapple. Need to be directed to area of forum to read up on how to control this problem. Any advice will be appreciated but looking to read everything in this forum on subject and formulating and implementing a plan by the time I grow out this clone and take more clones to grow out. Thanks in advance for any help.
GG5

Latest posts

Top Bottom