Need Systemic Fungicide . . . Clones have PM!!!

• Thread starter Titikshu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Titikshu

Titikshu

I'm only running 3 lights in my basement, open grow, dehumidifier hooked to humidity control, exhaust fan hooked up to temperature control.
1 CMH, 1 MH (dimmed to 400 watt), a fluence Razrx LED)

I'm done with powdery mildew. I've done every preventative thing I have read about. I dealt with PM in the past and decided to give flowering a break for a while. I've just been vegging with no major issues from me or my fellow growers using my clones, but it keeps popping up here and there. I just switched to a brand new aerocloner and completely sterilized it. I was using domes before and didn't have a large issue, but now it's popping up on my clones in the aerocloner!!! They were sterile cuts!

The water is treated (bleach) and plant safe levels of bleach are running in the aerocloner (3 mL/10 gallon).

I even sprayed fresh cuttings with 100 PPM Chlorine Dioxide (this stuff kills anthrax at fractions of this PPM)!

In the past, I have tried milk/peroxide/green cure/Serenade/plant therapy/high ph water/ozone generator/UVC light/bleach/etc.

I purchased humidity/temperature controllers.

My temps are set to 75 (will change to 80) and fluctuates 70-79. My humidity is set to 55% and fluctuates 47- 64% since it's an open grow and I just have a 70 pint dehumidifier. I've moved to watering 1/3-1/2 plants every day instead of watering all at once. Some say PM likes humidity; some say it likes it dry. I say it likes my basement.

I'm only vegging and cloning right now, no flower, so I can go pretty nuclear.

I will not use Eagle 20, but there MUST be something systemic, and something approved for cannabis.

1-2x per week...I spray mother plants with either 1) soap & neem oil mixture; 2) Lost Coast Plant Therapy; 3) Hydrogen Peroxide (3 mL 34% per LITER, yes, this is high); 4) Green Cure

I will add either Regalia/Tweetmint/Sulfur spray to my IPM strategy.

I add silica to my foliar and watering regimen.

My basement is infected and there is no getting rid of it. I need my plants to have a systemic fix. I don't care if PM is systemic or not. I want if f@#%ing dead if it touches my plants.

I've looked up and found:
Organocide by Plant Doctor
Agri-Fos
Fosphite (I think same as Agri-Fos)

Any opinions or additional resources?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You need to deep clean the area also. Doesnt matter how much you treat plants if they keep getting spores from the enviro

I will not use Eagle 20, but there MUST be something systemic, and something approved for cannabis.

All the systemic stuff is going to have a FRAC code and be just as bad or worse then myclobutanil. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's mostly use systemics, like myclo, or avoid them and go another route

Sulfur (burner or wettable sulf) or Bac Sub like Cease are your best bet. Stuff that contains geranoil like Mildew Control or the others, stacked with essential oils, like SNS never really worked. Those are more for preventive (if they even work). Green cleaner/ Green cure works to a point but it's like H202. Baking soda/ potassium sprays will sometimes brown pistils in flower.

When you say approved do you mean like on a certain state sheet (if in US) for restricted/approved chems and subastances for cannabis or just in general? If that's the case all the legal states (if in US) usually have an updated list of approved and restricted chems and substances. Most of it is labeling - has nothing to do with the actual product. Regalia is restricted in certain states. So is Sulfur.

Chlorine Dioxide works very well for cleaning but not something you want to gas in a house you live in. Clean everything. Fans, AC, Walls, Floor, ceiling, lights ect. Multi times.

Also consider if you are just staying in veg. Kill everything and clean clean clean. Then start with new moms or take the gamble and bring clones in. It took me a good solid 6-9 months of spraying sulf and cleaning about 10 plus times to get it out of my rooms. You basically clean everything every time it flares back up until its gone. Unless you are holding something unubtainium that's 20 + years old for a 3 lighter I would just chop clean clean clean and start a new. That is a choice you need to make. Specially if you have been battling it for a while.

Last edited:
Titikshu

Titikshu

I know! They seem to not make sulfur burners anymore, because I can't find one online anywhere or any grow shop! Some of the grow shop said something about a fire hazard and production was stopped.

Titikshu

Titikshu

You need to deep clean the area also. Doesnt matter how much you treat plants if they keep getting spores from the enviro

All the systemic stuff is going to have a FRAC code and be just as bad or worse then myclobutanil. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's mostly use systemics, like myclo, or avoid them and go another route

Sulfur (burner or wettable sulf) or Bac Sub like Cease are your best bet. Stuff that contains geranoil like Mildew Control or the others, stacked with essential oils, like SNS never really worked. Those are more for preventive (if they even work). Green cleaner/ Green cure works to a point but it's like H202. Baking soda/ potassium sprays will sometimes brown pistils in flower.

When you say approved do you mean like on a certain state sheet (if in US) for restricted/approved chems and subastances for cannabis or just in general? If that's the case all the legal states (if in US) usually have an updated list of approved and restricted chems and substances. Most of it is labeling - has nothing to do with the actual product. Regalia is restricted in certain states. So is Sulfur.

Chlorine Dioxide works very well for cleaning but not something you want to gas in a house you live in. Clean everything. Fans, AC, Walls, Floor, ceiling, lights ect. Multi times.

Also consider if you are just staying in veg. Kill everything and clean clean clean. Then start with new moms or take the gamble and bring clones in. It took me a good solid 6-9 months of spraying sulf and cleaning about 10 plus times to get it out of my rooms. You basically clean everything every time it flares back up until its gone. Unless you are holding something unubtainium that's 20 + years old for a 3 lighter I would just chop clean clean clean and start a new. That is a choice you need to make. Specially if you have been battling it for a while.
Thanks for the reply! I guess by, approved, I just mean it will pass state testing. Some people who get clones from me might submit their plants for State testing so I need products that will pass. All the info on my States approved fungicides didn't differentiate between systemic or not so I guess it's just a matter of sitting down for a couple hours and investigating every single product on there.

I will try some wettable sulfur spray. It just seems that my environment is uncleanable without some major renovations. it's in the basement right now which just has the open ceiling so I'd have to completely close everything and put it in a sealed room, but I'm worried that even after all that expense the problem would still not go away.

starting with all new mother plants isn't really an option as I don't have a year to burn with popping seeds, pheno hunting, and stress testing. A lot of my cuts came from fairly reputable companies that do this anyway and every grow I've had at this property--even from seeds--ends up getting powdery mildew no matter how much bleach, cleaners, and ozone I pump into this place. Any time I miss a 2x weekly spraying of something preventive or to treat, BAM, it's back!

The strangest thing now is that previously my clones were all in domes and peat plugs and never had powdery mildew...

The chlorine dioxide which I used to sterilize the cuttings was dissolved in liquid and sprayed on them. It's strange that it didn't work, but you're probably right and I'll have to experiment with other products, yet again.

... Powdery mildew has pretty much taken all the fun out of growing for me.

It's just a bummer.

Thanks for your help and direction!

Dr.B

Dr.B

I know! They seem to not make sulfur burners anymore, because I can't find one online anywhere or any grow shop! Some of the grow shop said something about a fire hazard and production was stopped.

You can't just buy them here either. Need a pesticide applicator license... I think...

They make them!

chemistry

chemistry

You need to shift your humidity down to around 40% so you can water all your plants at once, your extractor fan needs to work harder to exchange dry air and expel the excess humidity, so a bigger fan or turn it up notch.

Titikshu

Titikshu

You need to shift your humidity down to around 40% so you can water all your plants at once, your extractor fan needs to work harder to exchange dry air and expel the excess humidity, so a bigger fan or turn it up notch.
Thanks for the tip!

Since I don't have a sealed room, it's all in my basement which is open. In the winter the outside humidity is very low, but in the summer, the air I would pull in would be much higher than 40%.
Even in the winter, however, my humidity range was 35-45% and I still had PM pop up really bad. At first, I thought it was infected clones that I got, which it might have been, but it has never gone away. At that time I was in a tent with a bit more controlled environment including an intake fan with filter. That was my second grow at this property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom