NEED TO KNOW IF ITS THRIPS OR MOLD OR WHAT????

• Thread starter Bayfarmer5678
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bayfarmer5678

Bayfarmer5678

Having these white things on the leaves, if anyone can help I really need it I’m so scared it’s going to mess my whole garden. Thank you guys so much!!

Need to know if its thrips or mold or what
Need to know if its thrips or mold or what 2
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Does it rub off? = yes? Mold

No? = Bugs.

Anthem

Anthem

could get thrips or fungal gnats. Put a blue and a yellow sticky trap at the base of the plant. Fungal gnats like yellow while thrips like the blue. You can also go online and look at pictures of the two bugs and figure out what you have once you have them on the sticky traps. You will also need a magnification loop to determine the speies.

Natkingcole

Natkingcole

U able to post a pic in normal light no led so I can see the leaf I think its mites

Anthem

Anthem

U able to post a pic in normal light no led so I can see the leaf I think its mites
It looks like fungal gnats or thrips. They both go up to the leaves to eat and then them come back to the soil to lay eggs. Is it starting at the leaves closes to the soil and working it way up?

Bayfarmer5678

Bayfarmer5678

You have thrips. Take a close look at pictures you can see them

I think you’re right! They do start from the bottom leaves. The new leaves don’t have any, which is the opposite of what happens with mildew, so I’ve heard.

Potlady

Potlady

The bottom pic looks like spider mites, but I'm a newbie. However, I have experienced them.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Has anybody ever tried beneficial predator mites? Or ladybugs in the flower tent? Are they effective if so?

Anthem

Anthem

Has anybody ever tried beneficial predator mites? Or ladybugs in the flower tent? Are they effective if so?
I have changed up my regiment from Nematodes and BTI to Pure Crop 1. It will take care of both of them with just one or two sprays. It is totally safe and can be sprayed right up until the day before harvest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom