Need to know strains with highest thcV

• Thread starter Intellect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I have smoked moby dick and it has similar to what you guys are calling a thcv effect.
It's actually one of those strains that I will buy instead of keif.

I grew mostly mexican stuff before I could get "named" strains in the 90s, the stuff I identify as a "sativa" high sounds like thcv and the old school mexican stuff had a lot of it.

That's the best stuff to me, active weed, creative weed. The mexican/south american land races would be a good place to look. Good mexican is better than anything I have gotten from a dispensary. I haven't seen good mexican since before 9/11 maybe.

I absolutely hate couch lock and want weed that makes my wife ask me if I am on meth.

I bought dinamex from dinafem hoping something in there would remind me of it, none popped, so probably don't look there.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

They base the thc content of a strain by sending samples to a lab and average them out, if your looking for high thc strains purple kush, gorrilla #4, bruce banner are all pretty high test, but then again a plant like dark devel (Sweet) with an ave thc content of 20% will kick your ass, for me it's the complete strain profile not thc content that counts.

johnursery

johnursery

Happy to see this thread still kicking around, I've seen thcv concentrate get sold in recent years but I'm not sure if that's any sort of helpful if we're talking strains.
I'm planning eventually to cross some of reefs SMCG x aces purple haze thai, hopefully it'll be high in thcv.

I imagine with everything that goes through lab's if a large company wanted to flag all the high thcv strains down they could just like they've been able to for some of the more recent cbd cultivars....sorry for long-winded post I'm a little rusty old n crusty. I think those African strains sound really promising and that project sounds fantastic.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's even something else hidden in some of these strains even besides cannabinoid ratios and terpene profiles that we've yet to discover. Happy HoliDaze

shades

shades

Wasn't there a cannabis genetics project recently something something genome mapped entirely? I don't remember the website but I thought that this would have the information you're looking for? It certainly wasn't around when this thread was firs started!

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Just grow good herb. "Strains" are overrated. The Cannabis genome is very flexible.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Dosi
Nice! I theorize cookies has thcv from the durb, and the triangle. (Just my theory) if we really even know if those strains are even in it, lol. But maybe that dosi would go good on the Moby.

Update on those plants ... Moby became a struggle for me to grow. I put my 2 in my greenhouse directly in the ground and struggled with her size. I topped them several times and still couldn't control the growth. Upside to that? It's probably a "problem" that many would be happy to have... I travel a lot to make my living. Michigan in November can get quite chilly after the sun goes down. I have propane heat in my greenhouse, but ran out of LP when I was in Texas the second week of November. They needed another week or so to fully finish. The temperatures in the 20's that night just about killed them. I ended up harvesting that weekend when I returned from Texas. The yield on those 2 heavily topped girls after trim and dry was just shy of 11 oz. Good taste, nice uplifting high ... but I'm left feeling like I did not reach it's genetic potential with this grow.

Dosi - I harvested my 2 do si dos mid October. Again, started indoors under lights and then grown outside in my greenhouse. I struggled with some mold (wet fall and less than ideal climate controls in the greenhouse) which limited my yield to about 6 oz.

I also had 2 OG kush and 1 (bag seed) sweet potato pie plants in the greenhouse. OG Kush was both overwhelming in size and yield, and I had trouble keeping it from trying to grow through the top of the greenhouse just like my Mobys. I kept only half of that and gave the rest to my son in law so he could use his new rosin press. Final yield was never weighed ... but I kept just over 6 oz of it for myself.

Of all I grew, my bag seed plant (sweet potato pie) was the best in taste and high ... I have more seeds and I'm looking forward to giving her another run under lights inside.

Sorry to be a stranger. Life keeps me moving. Happy holidays to all ....

Latest posts

Top Bottom