NEED TO KNOW YOUR RW CLONING TECHNIQUE

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE ROCKWOOL CLONES SINCE JANUARY AND HAVE BEEN FAILING I HAVE SOME GREAT PLANTS STAR BUD THE STAR BUD WITH NYCD SOUR DADDY GRAPEFRUIT SMELL AND BOMBAY KUSH and I GOT THE BLUEBERRY STAR BUD AND GHOST TRAIN AND CATPISS AND LOVE POTION #1 AND white og ,and love triangle-( TRIANGLE KUSH x afgoo x blockhead ) and GOJI BERRY KUSH also a few other cool strains like holy grail kush, candyland, bay 11, trainwreck catpiss morrocan red bud , rift valley hash plant and about 25 different purple chitral strains that are about a year old and havent ever been flowered none of them have i have like 40 plants that are a year and a half or so old and have never been flowered because the aero cloner keeps failing on me

i NEED HELP I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO DO ROCKWOOL i am disabled and would really appreciate the help as my life is really difficult already i just want some good bud

Kushwick

Kushwick

I would start with the basics. Humidome, rockwool and spray bottle with this you should have roots in 7-10 days depending on the strains. I like the humidity dome because it easy peazy.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

It's all about clean tools, clean cuts, and a clean tray. Use the sharpest razor you can find and slice, don't chop. I also cut my plugs/cubes and lay the cuts in them, versus pushing a little flimsy stem into the plug.
Make sure the cubes are moist but not super-soaked. Once they're cut, do NOT disturb them for bout 7 days unless the dome and cubes dry out.
Cloning gel/powder can help, but it's not totally necessary. Good luck!

sixstring

sixstring

My best luck with rw cubes was soaking cubes in 300 ppm water and calmag plus 2-0-0 with 6ml h2o2 39%.seems like the clonex gel made them root about 2 days faster.keep the cubes moist and I used a heatmat under my tray set at 78f no dome.my water is r/o.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Ditch the heat mat and submerge your clone tray in a pool of water -- your temps will be more stable, and you will save some $ on elect b/c the water is more efficient at storing the energy. I also love Grodan's clone cube tray (the red plastic one) b/c it allows you to get the cubes off the bottom of the tray. The small gap between the cubes and the 1/2g of tap water I leave in the bottom of the nursery flat is perfect for boosting humidity, and it makes the first roots 'reach' for water when they emerge from the bottom of the cubes.

Process: I dunk my clone cubes in pH 5.5 plain tap... rinse them with plain tap + 2ml/gal Rapid Root @ ph 5.8... then just add a fresh cut clone and wait until the cube gets light/dry (7days or so). When the cubes are 75% +/- dry I fill the bottom of the nursery tray halfway full with bloom nutes diluted to 1/3 strength at pH 5.85, swish the water back and forth making sure it doesn't splash up to the top of the cubes (prevents algae) and within a few days roots start popping thru the bottom of the cubes.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Cut the hole in your tote lid so the nursery flat is held snug, fill tote to the very top with water and submerge the heater. Set the temp. at 78-81, put the heater's temperature probe in the clone tray and you're set. Best of luck, ftw

pics from a few clone batches...
Cloneboxii

Clonebox

Cort

Cort

Clean tools
Sharp blades
5.5 soaked RW
All good info

I turn my cubes over and find a nice firm spot on a corner. The precut hole may, or may not be a good fit for my cutting.

I like to bring my cubes up to temperature BEFORE I stick the cuttings in. It limits shock IMHO, I stopped getting droopy cuttings after I started this.

Temperature control: I cant give you an exact number because I have never tried to measure. Not to warm, not too cold, but always steady.

Only take cuttings from vigorous top growth. None of that spindly stuff from the side/bottoms. Yes, it can root but the tops will perform better.

Youtube has some good videos showing different methods.

Cort

Cort

Google "ice cube tray cloner"

One of the first results is a thread over at ICMag. This method works well and is super easy. Hundreds of clones will cost less than 1 pack of RW cubes.

pork

pork

-soak cubes at 5.5 at 50% concentration of veg nutes
-shake the excess water out of them by sort of flicking them with my wrist before i put them in the tray.
-dip my cut into a mixture of neem and anti-wilt (anti-wilt prevents the need for a dome)
-wait for roots

Top Bottom