Need to lower promix soil ph, aluminum sulphate?

• Thread starter Mrk2006
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrk2006

Mrk2006

Curious how much per plant I would need to lower the soil ph a little... it’s currently bouncing around 7.0-7.8 ph at root zone. Looking to drop it a little. Anyone have any idea?

IhatePM

IhatePM

I thought promix is a blank canvas. I use it and the ph of my feed is around 5.7~5.9 unadjusted

Moshmen

Moshmen

Depends on which promix product u are using? Most have some buffer , I use it as well unadjusted at 6.1-6.8 depending on feed rate

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
How are you testing its ph? Ive used promix for a very long time and never needed to ammend its buffers.

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

I ran a slurry test of root zone as well as soil ph meter. Both read over 7.0 ph

Mrk2006

Mrk2006

What are you ph'ing your nutrient solution to?
Are your plants having problems?
Plants having issues yes. My nutrient ph is 6.3-6.4 area. I think I found my main plant issue but just trying to find information at this point on how to use the al. Sulfate if I ever need.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i suggest not using it at all,it can be very toxic,if you need to drop ph and dont want to flush the pro mix ,add more peat moss it will drop your soil ph.
my money is salt build up in bottom of yourpot,try to do this next time you feed,feed half of what you normaly do ,say if a gal ,use half gal ,check ph and ppm coming from the pot,then in 30 min come finsh feeding and check the numbers again,if there is a difrence you have salt buildup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom