Need To Some Help!

• Thread starter Colin21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Colin21

Colin21

So I have 8 Sour d in about week 6 of flowering and I'm running in to a but of a problem. I have a gradual yellowing moving from the lower to top leaves. It started with some of the smaller leaves but now is affecting some of the bigger fan leaves. I checked my ph at around 7.2. Recently fed them with seabird guano at 1/2 the recomendation( 1 gal per 1-2 tbsp vs 1 gal per 1 1/2 tsp), 2 days later I did a stinging nettle tea which provides my cal mag.
I need some advice, just wanna be smooth sailing till the end so I would like to get it fixed as fast as possible.
Thanks thc community

Need to some help
Need to some help 2
Need to some help 3
Need to some help 4
Need to some help 5

dboy510

dboy510

looks like spider mite or thrip damage check underneath the spotted leaves closely for small brown to white specs for spider mites if there isnt any it could be thrips.

Colin21

Colin21

What's the best solution? I was gonna go get some lady bugs anything organic I can use?

dboy510

dboy510

im new to growing myself and have ran into the same problem as you, what i have been doing is pulling off any infested leaves on the plant and spraying about every 3 to 4 days with some different things basically rotating what you use every time. You have to make sure u get underneath the leaves, every nook n cranny. the 2 products recommended to me by the hydro store was mighty wash and annihilation, both sold in 1 gallon jugs pre mixed. i have also used monterey garden insect spray but i didnt feel that that worked for spider mites, maybe i wasnt spraying well enough.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Before using insecticides, or even before thinking that's what the problem is, get a jewelers loop or 60x100 mini magnifier for $10.
its easy to verify bugs.
My eyes aren't great, but I just see yellowing of the older leaves while the buds stay healthy? That can indicate n minus, a common occurrence as flowering uses up all available nutes. Hopefully that's all that's going on, and no action would be required. Interested to hear from others though.

Colin21

Colin21

looks like spider mite or thrip damage check underneath the spotted leaves closely for small brown to white specs for spider mites if there isnt any it could be thrips.
Looked all over found a couoke spiders but no spider mites. I got a loop so i was looking all over.

Colin21

Colin21

Before using insecticides, or even before thinking that's what the problem is, get a jewelers loop or 60x100 mini magnifier for $10.
its easy to verify bugs.
My eyes aren't great, but I just see yellowing of the older leaves while the buds stay healthy? That can indicate n minus, a common occurrence as flowering uses up all available nutes. Hopefully that's all that's going on, and no action would be required. Interested to hear from others though.
I was kinda in the same thought process just because it's gradually happening on all of them, i just noticed it more specifically on one pot. I'm was planning on doing a compost tea in a couple days but it almost seems like it might be a good idea to do another shot of seabird guano(2-5-0) and see if that helps.
What do y'all think??

Underthesun

Underthesun

No more nutes, imho...at least nothing N heavy, and seabird guana can be pretty hot I thought. Just let it ride out unless it is bugs then figure that out. Outside, cooler temps at night, flowering has started, things start to turn colors. Next year add some worm castings and kelp meal in early/mid August to push through flowering.

Colin21

Colin21

No more nutes, imho...at least nothing N heavy, and seabird guana can be pretty hot I thought. Just let it ride out unless it is bugs then figure that out. Outside, cooler temps at night, flowering has started, things start to turn colors. Next year add some worm castings and kelp meal in early/mid August to push through flowering.
I found some bugs.... little black dots basically but I have found them on my leaves and at least one spot inside a nug. I have to cut it out cause it was rotting. I'm going to the store today and getting a shit load of lady bugs and some garlic. I'm gonna let the lady bugs out periodically throughout the next couple of days and as well use a garlic spary on some of the leaves and ill see if I can't get this fixed. My first grow so this is a no bueno situation for me.

Colin21

Colin21

Update: After further investigation I found some congregation of tiny black insects in one of my top colas. I cut the rotting bud out and checked all the other plants. Other than that major spot I think I'm good. I'm going today to get some lady bugs, gonna get a couple box's and release them every couple days. Just cayse there guaranteed to fly away. As well I'm gonna do a garlic decoction and spray some leaves with a spray bottle and a light soil mist and see if that helps. But I'm still having the progressive yellowing in my plants and I'm starting to think its an N deficiency. I'm gonna give them another ahot of guano but at 1/2 the reccomednation still and ill see if I don't get some improvement in the next couple days.

This 1st photo is the same leaf from my first post....
20170912 111655
20170912 111929
20170912 112030
20170912 111937
20170912 112001
20170912 111915
20170912 112013

Really could use all the help I could get right now! Thanks Thc community!

20170912 111742
Underthesun

Underthesun

Without any pictures of the bugs, my guess is little larvae from moths. Sounds like you don't want to use pesticides, that may be a good call since you are in flower. But if you do have a bunch of little larvea, spinosad and Bt are good for them, both organic. It also looks like you may have some thrips...maybe, the spinosad will take care of them as well. Maybe a good idea to use these products next year during veg for preventative maintenance. As for this year, right now your plants look decent and not in dire straight.

For the nutes, I don't know your soil type or how much you have been feeding them all season. But I expect some yellowing this time of year or in a few weeks anyways, adding more N may focus the growth on other areas of the plant than the buds...but if you want it to green it up add a little and see what happens...it is all about the personal experience that will make you a better grower year after year.

You really chopped off a lot of lowers and fan leaves, huh?

How cold does it get at night were you are from now until Mid/Late Oct.?

Colin21

Colin21

Without any pictures of the bugs, my guess is little larvae from moths. Sounds like you don't want to use pesticides, that may be a good call since you are in flower. But if you do have a bunch of little larvea, spinosad and Bt are good for them, both organic. It also looks like you may have some thrips...maybe, the spinosad will take care of them as well. Maybe a good idea to use these products next year during veg for preventative maintenance. As for this year, right now your plants look decent and not in dire straight.

For the nutes, I don't know your soil type or how much you have been feeding them all season. But I expect some yellowing this time of year or in a few weeks anyways, adding more N may focus the growth on other areas of the plant than the buds...but if you want it to green it up add a little and see what happens...it is all about the personal experience that will make you a better grower year after year.

You really chopped off a lot of lowers and fan leaves, huh?

How cold does it get at night were you are from now until Mid/Late Oct.?

So I found spider mites, had to cut some bud mass out cause they had made it brown and was rotting to the stem. Only had 1 major branch get hit so and I looked everywhere else I could look. I got some lady bugs today so I'm gonna set a little army loose and see if they can't put to rest anything I didn't find. I'm just gonna stay vigalent and hope everything finishes good. The weather is gonna stay in the mid 70s to 80s, I'm gonna get a bit of rain in the next coming weeks but ill ready. For the fan leaves I had to take a good amount off because my dogs would cause a dust storm in the yard and they just got coated so I didn't want any disease to spread. I think it may have stunted them, but it's my first grow so I can only learn. I've but some rock layer around my fence so there's no my dust to pick up, a little late unfortunately.

Latest posts

Top Bottom